bad company?

Darhagonable
15 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

No. If you want an explanation, search around. I don't feel like giving details, but it's along the lines of their mobos using low-quality parts or something like that.

Well if I do google after it I will probably just find fanboys and haters arguing instead of real explanations.

On 2016-06-02 at 10:41 AM, Darhagonable said:

nope...

I bought my computer two - three years ago. about the DVD reader I thoght It was just a bad reader... but I'm not sure 

yea

If you computer is less than 3 years old, the motherboard should still be under warranty. Most ASUS motherboards have 3 year warranties. Some of the higher end stuff has warranties as long as 5 years.

The DVD drive is likely out of warranty though, as those often have only 1 year warranties. You should check both with ASUS though to see. If the motherboard is still covered, then definitely RMA it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

16 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

If you computer is less than 3 years old, the motherboard should still be under warranty. Most ASUS motherboards have 3 year warranties. Some of the higher end stuff has warranties as long as 5 years.

The DVD drive is likely out of warranty though, as those often have only 1 year warranties. You should check both with ASUS though to see. If the motherboard is still covered, then definitely RMA it.

This is less about rosting the companies and more about what companies I should trust when I am buying new parts for a new computer.

1 minute ago, Darhagonable said:

This is less about rosting the companies and more about what companies I should trust when I am buying new parts for a new computer.

When it comes right down to it, you can pretty reliably trust all the major brands:
ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock (Especially for more value oriented builds), etc.

After that? You really need to do your research for any particular board - check reviews, check forums for posts on defective units, etc.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

When it comes right down to it, you can pretty reliably trust all the major brands:
ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock (Especially for more value oriented builds), etc.

After that? You really need to do your research for any particular board - check reviews, check forums for posts on defective units, etc.

Yea, sure.

I know

On 6/2/2016 at 7:26 AM, Darhagonable said:

which companies is the best then? MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, Asrock and so on

Can't say for sure, it depends on a persons experiences and own opinions. However if you look at my profile I bet you can understand my favourite company. =)

That being said, Msi has never failed me ONCE, when companies like Asus (a company I still very like) have caused me some trouble. But, my monitor is from Asus and I love it to death. A product does not mean that the company is good/bad. Look at Zalman, they are a company that makes pretty decent products but them as a whole is pretty bad as their customer service is, well, !@#$.

18 minutes ago, 2Fast2Quik said:

Can't say for sure, it depends on a persons experiences and own opinions. However if you look at my profile I bet you can understand my favourite company. =)

That being said, Msi has never failed me ONCE, when companies like Asus (a company I still very like) have caused me some trouble. But, my monitor is from Asus and I love it to death. A product does not mean that the company is good/bad. Look at Zalman, they are a company that makes pretty decent products but them as a whole is pretty bad as their customer service is, well, !@#$.

YAY MSI. 

Seriously, when I built my first pc I didn't use standoffs. Killed my two pci-e cards (graphics card and WiFi adapter) but the (msi) motherboard is 100% functional. 

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

1 minute ago, BingoFishy said:

YAY MSI. 

Seriously, when I built my first pc I didn't use standoffs. Killed my two pci-e cards (graphics card and WiFi adapter) but the (msi) motherboard is 100% functional. 

Another Msi fan over here, he, it's a good company!

gonna retype what i put in a different thread a while back:

if a company was truly bad, they wouldnt exist anymore.

there's only opinion, feature differences, quality, and cost.

i've always found the heatsinks on gigabyte boards to look rather cheapish, but in reality.. my old home server was a FRIKKIN intel motherboard that looked like it went trough flux hell, and its still in perfect operation after however long ago the i3 560 was :P

8 minutes ago, 2Fast2Quik said:

Another Msi fan over here, he, it's a good company!

I personally like MSI generally with it's features and anesthetics, but I wouldn't say the same for it's QC (it's actually below "eh" :(). That is why I use Asus as my primary motherboard vendor as it seems to have the best QC out of all vendors. I'm nuts for QC :D.

RIP Arctica 2.0 (December 2015 - September 2016) You were the best freezing cold gaming/video editing/CAD PC I've ever built.

"Look deep into nature, and then you would understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

"Discontent is the first necessity of progress." - Thomas Edison

"No." - Linus Sebastian

Spoiler

Arctic Raider (Main Rig) - CPU: i5-6600K @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A | Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | Video Card: Asus GTX 1070 Dual Series | HDD: 2TB Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 | SSD: 512GB Sandisk X400 M.2-2280 | Case: Corsair Carbide 400C (White) | PSU: 750W EVGA SuperNOVA P2 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Keyboard: Cooler Master Octane | Mouse: pre-installed with keyboard | Headphones: Corsair Void 7.1 Channel | Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 1440p | Fans: 2x 140mm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition; 1x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition | Modding/Extras: BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 Black/White Sleeved Cables; Tingkam RGB LEDs (2 x30cm); Solid Base Elite Headphone Stand; Reflex Lab White-Stitched Mousepad

On 2 juni 2016 at 4:18 PM, Darhagonable said:

Hey!

I wonder if these companies really are that bad

why I don't trust some companies:

Gigabyte: My Gigabyte motherboard has a problem with one of the harddrive sockets. sometimes it has problems findeing it.

ASUS: I have a DVD reader by ASUS that sound like a chainsaw.

is these companies really that bad or is it just me being unlucky?

On 2 juni 2016 at 4:26 PM, Darhagonable said:

which companies is the best then? MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte, Asrock and so on

No offence here but this way of thinking is quite naive. There is no such think as the best company some are better than others in different areas and some are worse. Sure there are the better ones such as Noctua, they make top-notch coolers and fans but at the same time they are expensive therefore they can't be the single best company at making fans. Every company has their weak side and most usually a strong side too.