Why are some people Devil Worshippers?

Overkilled

Only if they are tested upon enough to become agreed upon as the truth according to the scientific method.  We have many theories on the matter, but at the moment we haven't come up with a law stating who is right.

No. No theories become laws. It's as simple as that. Example: Gravity. The Law of Gravity describes the idea that all objects are attracted to each other gravitationally - all the components on your motherboard are tugging on each other and on you. However, the force isn't strong enough to do anything, but it is measurable. The Theory of Gravity attempts to explain how gravity occurs, such as gravitons - particles that cause gravity.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I was under the impression science and religion go hand in hand

not really, religion has questions not possible to answer.

For the same reason people are God worshipers, or any other _____ worshiper for that matter 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

not really, religion has questions not possible to answer.

as does science.

as does science.

Yes, but science has the ability to answer questions using methods that have been proven to work. Religion hasn't proven anything that science hasn't already touched. There are questions that science cannot yet answer, like where the energy from the Big Bang came from or what caused the singularity to become unstable, but that doesn't mean we won't have answers at some point. At one point, we didn't know how planets orbited, but we do now using Calculus. To paraphrase Neil Tyson: If God is your evidence wherever science has no answer, your God becomes an ever-receding pocket of ignorance, becoming smaller and smaller as science progresses.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yes, but they are different.  Religion is based on myths of understanding the universe around us in a time before science could answer so much.  Science is now capable of contradicting a lot of religions are based on obvious facts and/or highly supported theories based around facts.

Never understood why science has to be in total opposition to religion. They're only considered myths because people can't see them, but people still had theories about religious matters. I mean, the Higgs Boson was widely considered a myth until CERN found it a few years ago. Before that, Peter Higgs was the laughing stock of the scientific community for a lot of years until some people decided to investigate. The Higgs Boson wouldn't have been found had people not believed it to be extant. Why can't spiritual matters also be things that we can't see without proper instruments? Same goes for germ theory, radio waves, atomic theory, quantum theory, you name it. People have always been opposed to things that may well exist but cannot be seen. If you don't have belief in something then it will never be found, regardless of whether or not it actually exists in the first place.

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Do not harm little children.

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

There are some weird ones, but it says do not rape. Not seen that anywhere in the bible -.-

Yeah, I was looking, I agree with most of the Satanist ideas, other than when you get into the magic stuff...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Never understood why science has to be in total opposition to religion. They're only considered myths because people can't see them, but people still had theories about religious matters. I mean, the Higgs Boson was widely considered a myth until CERN found it a few years ago. Before that, Peter Higgs was the laughing stock of the scientific community for a lot of years until some people decided to investigate. The Higgs Boson wouldn't have been found had people not believed it to be extant. Why can't spiritual matters also be things that we can't see without proper instruments? Same goes for germ theory, radio waves, atomic theory, quantum theory, you name it. People have always been opposed to things that may well exist but cannot be seen. If you don't have belief in something then it will never be found, regardless of whether or not it actually exists in the first place.

I personaly dont beleive, as there is nothing to even sugest that there might be a God.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I personaly dont beleive, as there is nothing to even sugest that there might be a God.

I personally do believe, as I see lots of things that bear witness to me that there is a God. But that's my own belief, and I think belief is a very personal thing, so I respect your opinion. It's all good.

as does science.

if you can't answer it with mathematics then its not a science. You have to be able to prove and reproduce things. Proving something can't be solved is still a proof as long as its rigorous, hense the mathematical foundational crisis of the 1920 with set theory. .

So do you atheists except the small chance that you might go to hell? Are you scared of dying?

What did you feel let's say, 20 years before you were born, nothing right?, that's exactly the same thing you're going to feel after you die.

The only real afterlife is called atomic afterlife, where some of the atoms that make your body are going to be part of something else.

You have to understand that religion uses fear tactics to gain followers, hell being this one place where those who don't believe are going.

Zeus was worshiped probably for like 2000-3000 years, not all religions and gods last forever.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

-

Because Satan is a cute little loli that needs to be praised. Hail Satan! 

The Higgs Boson was not considered a myth, it fell into the realm of theory plausible hypothesis.

A good scientific theory specifies a set of rules that determine what can and cannot happen to some portion of the world (eg. newtons laws of gravity). They must allow predictions to be made that can be tested by observation (The Higgs boson may not have initially met these standards but it would later be revealed that it had merit when we were able to observe more and it was revealed that a particle with these properties written into the equation made it the most likely suspect, so if not by the name "Higgs" it still would have most certainly been found) If the predictions are shown to be false, the theory is wrong and must be replaced. If the predictions are in accord with observations, the theory survives for future scrutiny. No theory is "true" in the sense that it must always be possible to falsify it. Any theory that is not amenable to falsification is not a scientific theory. The reliance on falsification is why scientific theories are different from matters of opinion. This scientific meaning of the wrd "theory" is different from its ordinary usage, where it often suggests a degree of speculation. Scientific theories may be speculative if they have not yet been confronted with the evidence, but established theory is something that is supported by a large body of evidence.

Edit:

This fundamental aspect of science is where religions and science are in opposition. Science will throw out previously accepted beautiful theories with the discovery of fact where religion will struggle against it until they are forced to reinterpret scripture to fit with what is commonly accepted but is ultimately left for each individual to interpret for themselves.

If I may be agnostic for a moment @spwath states that there is no proof that there is a God, and this is true but the opposite is also true. We have beautiful theories for where all of existence came from; most recently I read "A universe from nothing - Laurence Krauss" an interesting read and admittedly a little over my head but ultimately nothing close to a finite conclusion for the creation of the universe. What I'm trying to say is, while I don't believe in a God, it's also not accurate to state that their is no God but the conventional God of modern popular religions is likely false and we as a society are a long way from being able to accurately quantify and understand any potential Godlike being or force.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Flying Spaghetti Monster FTW

The weird kid in the corner eating glue
“People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy. It is in a glass jar on my desk.” - Stephen King

Because they want to be rebellious? I wouldn't care if my neighbors worshiped the devil really... as long as they don't go off doing horrible things to others as a result of their worship. 

*shrugs*

How do you think a typical religious Christian, Muslim or Buddhist would respond if they found out someone they know was a satanist? Respond in disbelief? Retaliate with distaste? Try to understand why? Or mind their own business?  

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Yes, but science has the ability to answer questions using methods that have been proven to work. Religion hasn't proven anything that science hasn't already touched. There are questions that science cannot yet answer, like where the energy from the Big Bang came from or what caused the singularity to become unstable, but that doesn't mean we won't have answers at some point. At one point, we didn't know how planets orbited, but we do now using Calculus. To paraphrase Neil Tyson: If God is your evidence wherever science has no answer, your God becomes an ever-receding pocket of ignorance, becoming smaller and smaller as science progresses.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. -Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law

You post reminded me of this quite.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Because they don't give a damn about you or what you think.  They do what they want.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If I may be agnostic for a moment @spwath states that there is no proof that there is a God, and this is true but the opposite is also true. We have beautiful theories for where all of existence came from; most recently I read "A universe from nothing - Laurence Krauss" an interesting read and admittedly a little over my head but ultimately nothing close to a finite conclusion for the creation of the universe. What I'm trying to say is, while I don't believe in a God, it's also not accurate to state that their is no God but the conventional God of modern popular religions is likely false and we as a society are a long way from being able to accurately quantify and understand any potential Godlike being or force.

Ever hear of the term Agnostic Atheist? Many atheists fall under this term where agnostic is used as a modifier. Most atheists do not claim to know whether or not deities exist, but at the same time see no evidence for their existence and therefore do not believe in them. However, some atheists(Gnostic Atheists) do claim to know there are no gods at all - I fall under the former category...agnostic atheism. You may also refer to me as a skeptic and/or rationalist.

I'm not scared of going to hell, but I'm still fear death. When looking at it objectively, I don't have any reason to be scared of it, but it's just the way the human brain works. Every human is scared of death and 99% of those who tell that they aren't afraid of it are liars.

Christians who have live changing experiences to convert Christianity 100% believe they'll go to heaven or hell, even if atheists are right they're still not afraid of dying.

Do people thing God created the universe with hocus pocus and magic? If God does exist (which I think he does) he'd have to be the greatest mathematician and scientist ever.

People worshipping Baphomet, Behemoth, Lucifer or whatever name they give Him makes as much sense as worshipping the sky fairy(s) that other religions do.

I makes no sense what so ever.

And you are assuming that satan worshippers know they will be going to hell. Most of them just don't buy your version of the story.

Have you ever thought that the Bible/Torah/Quran might be wrong?

So do you atheists except the small chance that you might go to hell? Are you scared of dying?

Prove to me that there is a hell and I'll start thinking about it. Untill then, worrying about going to hell is about as constructive as worrying about the tooth fairy stealing my wallet.

And can I assume that there will be no christians in Hell? If yes, then Hell just got a lot more inviitng.

I'm also not affraid of dying. I have been very close to dying a couple of times and I can tell you that it feels like absolute nothingness. 

You don't know you are dead, so why worry about it?

I'm very fond of Mark Twain's quote on the subject

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

Do people thing God created the universe with hocus pocus and magic? If God does exist (which I think he does) he'd have to be the greatest mathematician and scientist ever.

If God created the Universe, then God is the worst engineer to ever exist. The Universe is extremely inefficiently build (assuming it was build) and every engineer would tell you that.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Im an atheist, I believe when I die, I'm dead, nothing happens u just been turned off

If God created the Universe, then God is the worst engineer to ever exist. The Universe is extremely inefficiently build (assuming it was build) and every engineer would tell you that.

Actually it's the opposite. Universe is so efficient by itself it doesn't even need God.

And it's getting even more efficient. In a distant future you wont see stars anymore, so you don't need to bother thinking about universe. There's just your petty galaxy and whole idea of cosmology dies with time. Then all attention is directed towards small things and quantum world becomes easier to find and everything seems easier to obtain for everyone.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

Actually it's the opposite. Universe is so efficient by itself it doesn't even need God.

I was more talking from the perspective of the human claiming that a deity created everything.

It would be highly inefficient to create billions upon billions of planets, stretched over nearly 100 billion light years, just so you can create one small rock to place is creation on.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes