First IRL photos of Blackberry "Venice" leaked. The sliderphone comeback.

AlexGoesHigh

At this point BB's Venice, its first Android phone has been striped of all confidentiality. From specs ,concept renders ,videos, and that the device possesses a hardware keyboard has been leaked. The next logical step remaining, photos of the device itself, and here it is in all its glory with high resolution photos! (high enough to be a bit pixelated, doesn't help that they are .jpg, they look better in the source article)

3128363_BlackBerry-Vince9.0.jpg
3128369_BlackBerry-Vince6.0.jpg
3128366_BlackBerry-Vince2.0.jpg
BlackBerry-Vince8.0.jpg
BlackBerry-Vince1.0.jpg
3128362_blackberry-vince4.0.jpg
3128365_BlackBerry-Vince5.0.jpg
3128372_BlackBerry-Vince7.0.jpg

Important to note is that the leaker says this is a prototype device and that the hardware shown isn't completely final, but is very close to being complete. To reiterate from previous leaks and rumors, the phone specs included a Snapdragon 808 SoC, 3GB RAM and a 18MP sensor with two tone flash looking at the photos.

Leaks point that "Venice" should have a general availability for release on November in the US for the big 4 carriers, other details like pricing and international availability haven't been leaked, yet.

Source: The Verge

PrKg8.gif

I would seriously pay top dollar for this phone, despite how versatile a touch screen is, you simple can't type more 10 words on a touchscreen and not get annoyed doing it, that keyboard and Android has to be the saving grace of BB. While it would be better to have more competition on the software side of mobile with BB OS, you can't compete with the juggernaut Android has become, not even emulating Android apps were enough for BB to comeback, hell even MS that has been in the game longer that Android itself (Windows mobile is almost as old as XP) is starting to try and use Android itself to lure people and developers to its platform, if that isn't proof how dominant Android has become i don't know what else could be.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

fuck what everybody says. it looks fucking sexy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why would you need a keypad with a touchscreen?

Try to type more that 10 words on a screen and not get frustrated, that's why.

Edit: also if you look at the keyboard, it doesn't have any navigation keys at all, its really there just to type text with it.

Edited by AlexGoesHigh

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

That shits fucking sexy as fuck omfg.

#THERIMCOMEBACK I CALLED IT BEFORE

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Some people like the feel of a mechanical input, plus it leaves more room on the screen.

This phone is gloriously ugly tbh

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Looks good, but I would use a  touchscreen keyboard. #touchpalLyfe

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

It's funny how in a day and age where keypads on phones are more relevant then ever, almost no flagship phones actually have them.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

for typing 

games too maybe 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Give it a Dvorak key layout and I'm interested.

Edit: Not for everyone, just have Dvorak and other layouts as a customization option when you purchase.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

If it slid in the other way, I would have picked it up in a heartbeat. I guess I'll wait then for someone to do this.

PC in Profile

I don't even have words for this:

E8tT2yX.jpg

3XWnYa7.gif

I f**king want, I want so bad.

sorry to not quote all who said this, but whatever..

I've missed the keypad since I went to a smartphone.

Physical tactile response > force feedback

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

THIS. IS MY NEXT PHONE. Is the battery removable though? ohmy.png

I would. And so would so many business people right now still using a BlackBerry. It's slide out anyway so no big deal.

sorry to not quote all who said this, but whatever..

I've missed the keypad since I went to a smartphone.

Physical tactile response > force feedback

I remember the days when I could text in class without even looking at my phone.

d5bb767f8bd09863e98de6556da068a1.jpg

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

THIS. IS MY NEXT PHONE. Is the battery removable though? :o

I would. And so would so many business people right now still using a BlackBerry. It's slide out anyway so no big deal.

No one knows, but i would lean towards a sealed one looking at the photos, TBH with how common external batteries have become that feature stopped being a deal breaker for me, what would really kill it is a sub 3000mha battery, that would be a real deal breaker IMO.

I Like this device, looks to be amoled which is nice. Clean android skin, that keyboard... don't really care but the device itself looks very solid.

If they focused on security that would be a selling point.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

for typing 

games too maybe 

Typing of the death on a phone, that would be sweet with this phone.

If they focused on security that would be a huge deal breaker.

Why? that's literally the only thing BB still has, besides mobile keyboards.

I cant lie I REALLY want this.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I WOULD SLIDE THAT GIRL BACK AND FORTH UNTIL THE HINGE BREAKS

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Why? that's literally the only thing BB still has, besides mobile keyboards.

well I worded that wrong. I meant selling point xD

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

By the looks of it, seems to be a mono speaker. *sigh* The amazing stereo speakers on the Z30 were one of my favorite features about it.

for typing 

games too maybe 

I used to do a lot of GBA emulation on my MyTouch 4G Slide using the keyboard and it was actually great fun :)

"Rawr XD"