AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

Oh this forum sometimes...seriously people you all need to calm down.

Level headed debate is awesome, fanboy debates are stupid.

Finally someone level headed .

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Again...NVIDIA just lied to your goddamn face....and AMD is the asshole? 

Come.Off.It.

The specs might have been off, but the performance speaks for itself. Since when did graphics cards become about specs and not benchmarks? Only an idiot buys graphics cards based on specs. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

All see is people who either consider themselves, or others, as AMD or Nvidia people. I am PC people, which means I get whatever makes the most sense and I give equal ammounts of crap to AMD for their severe shortcomings in their processors line up (or better said, lack thereof). I get what makes the most sense and criticize every company equally. I think we all should be like that.

you can bet all of us will stand together when there's a fight between Console and PC , it never ends, just one of those things people attach with , although i love nvidia , i Never hate on AMD , they are nice people 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Now for some comedic relief. 

How are the leeching off the success of others?

Nothing innovative? Who was the first company to put out 4gb cards again? How about the move to 3gb on lower tier cards? Who has multiple GPU options without a bridge?

What don't you believe a word of? Your post makes no sense.

That joke i can relate to. I've had a better experience outside of games with my HD4600. Gave me far more stability.

How is putting more of the same on a board innovative. This is their entire strategy. Add more of the same at the expense of margin and power consumption. Their chips are huge and consume a ton of power in comparison. And because the die's are so large, they make next to no margin on them. 

And yet here they are, laughing at a company that beats them in efficiency by 50%, and on the intel side 250%. This just screams of irony really and makes the joke laughworthy, but not in their intented purpose.

It's funny because it's wrong. Decline at 3.2GB means you're not running it off of your iGPU. But i guess anyone making lame jokes like this, isn't likely going to have any technical knowledge in the first place.

Even the 980 can start to chug before 4GB if you don't use an iGPU. 

Lol at you for copying it and also looking like a muppet.

>.> Can't even handle a joke can you? This whole VRAM bullshit I could give to shits less about it. 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Never cared much for memes, sorry the joke is lost on me. 

The joke was mocking peoples reactions about the whole VRAM issue. Wasn't meant to be technically correct in any form or matter.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

@dizmo

I have already mentioned that i have made a build with a 960 ITX for a close friend of mine so i am aware of that.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/297961-mini-itx-console-killer/

Dont think of me as and AMD fanboy , i take offense to that.

I will recommend NVIDIA for the right situation.

I didn't say you were. ;)

I also read that, which is why I specifically stated that when I quoted you.

That joke i can relate to. I've had a better experience outside of games with my HD4600. Gave me far more stability.

How is putting more of the same on a board innovative. This is their entire strategy. Add more of the same at the expense of margin and power consumption. Their chips are huge and consume a ton of power in comparison. And because the die's are so large, they make next to no margin on them. 

And yet here they are, laughing at a company that beats them in efficiency by 50%, and on the intel side 250%. This just screams of irony really and makes the joke laughworthy, but not in their intented purpose.

While true, they did help push gaming at higher resolutions. AMD cards do that quite well. It helped push Nvidia to match them. I don't see how it hurts us in any way.

AMD doesn't have the same ability to invest as Nvidia. They simply don't have the market share. So expecting them to put out new and amazing things is a little far reaching.

Yes, surprising that their newest tech beats AMD's older tech, isn't it? I was shocked too! *sarcasm

I don't think it's really fair to directly compare the two. Directly compare when AMD releases their new cards. If they're still behind, fair enough.

The joke is old. From Fermi days. And 100% accurate.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The joke was mocking peoples reactions about the whole VRAM issue. Wasn't meant to be technically correct in any form or matter.

People take this so seriously that they cant even handle a joke.

I have posted that gif in many threads and have had a good laugh.

Isn't life boring if you cant laugh at things?

Even the most taboo subjects have been turned into humor.

Just my two cents guys.

While true, they did help push gaming at higher resolutions. AMD cards do that quite well. It helped push Nvidia to match them. I don't see how it hurts us in any way.

AMD doesn't have the same ability to invest as Nvidia. They simply don't have the market share. So expecting them to put out new and amazing things is a little far reaching.

Yes, surprising that their newest tech beats AMD's older tech, isn't it? I was shocked too! *sarcasm

I don't think it's really fair to directly compare the two. Directly compare when AMD releases their new cards. If they're still behind, fair enough.

The joke is old. From Fermi days. And 100% accurate.

I think you mistake high VRAM usage due to inefficiency or lacluster programming (console-ports) with higher resolutions. And they would've done that regardless since the consoles are more dominant than PC's still

I don't like this argument. Their lack of market share is their own fault and failed business strategy. Selling huge chips at bargain prices, you're never going to be able to compete.

Like it hasn't been the same story for past generations aswell..

They share the same market don't they? That makes it fair game. And i'm not keeping score on how many iterations nvidia and AMD had. Latest tech is latest tech. If you're going to look over aspects simply because of what could still be in the pipeline, that is pure bias.

What nvidia did is crap too lol?

And their drivers have been mostly fixed.

This is just two companies sharing banter between them.

NVIDIA were assholes and AMD are being assholes okay?

they took a jab at thier drivers because amd drivers have been crap 100's of time's whereas nvidia has made a single mistake 

the amd:nvidia mistake ratio is 100*10^100:1 

Right, I love Nvidia but you're the biggest fan boy I've ever seen :')

Sure, AMD have had driver issues but Nvidia's new one is crap and BSOD my PC 2 times

I think because AMD have had problems on your machine you hate them... 

I find this funny. Also after reading all the comments I can say with huge certainity that third world war will be war between AMD and NVIDIA fanboys.

(Why do people take those things so serious? :D Its like if they are owners of those companies.).

I find this funny. Also after reading all the comments I can say with huge certainity that third world war will be war between AMD and NVIDIA fanboys.

I think my next card is going to be NVIDIA.

Because then i can join the ranks of NVIDIA fans,

Which are outnumbering us 4:1.

/s

I think you mistake high VRAM usage due to inefficiency or lacluster programming (console-ports) with higher resolutions. And they would've done that regardless since the consoles are more dominant than PC's still

I don't like this argument. Their lack of market share is their own fault and failed business strategy. Selling huge chips at bargain prices, you're never going to be able to compete.

Like it hasn't been the same story for past generations aswell..

They share the same market don't they? That makes it fair game. And i'm not keeping score on how many iterations nvidia and AMD had. Latest tech is latest tech. If you're going to look over aspects simply because of what could still be in the pipeline, that is pure bias.

I agree, but just because they failed doesn't make it any less true. They simply don't have the money to invest, so you can't expect the same level of R&D.

Also, where they failed isn't the consumer market. It's the business market. Nvidia absolutely owns them in every way there, and that's where they need to excel. It's where a massive percentage of both companies margin comes from.

The fact that they're still around shows that they can indeed compete. Perhaps they'll have to shift to consoles and similar devices, but they're still relevant.

While I understand that argument, I don't agree with it. It's comparing apples to oranges.

(Why do people take those things so serious? :D ).

With Intel as an observer? I mean they are the blue team, they already share the same color as the UN...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So the only way you can advertise your products is by focusing on a competitors weakness rather than your products strengths?

Good reasons why I don't buy AMD. All talk no go.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Sure, AMD have had driver issues but Nvidia's new one is crap and BSOD my PC 2 times

I have to admit, the latest driver and my experience with my 970 was somewhat...unstable.

But I think that might have something to do with afterburner forcing the fan off the whole time and it kinda... overheated xD

The fact that they're still around shows that they can indeed compete. Perhaps they'll have to shift to consoles and similar devices, but they're still relevant.

While I understand that argument, I don't agree with it. It's comparing apples to oranges.

Uhm, don't know if you've looked at their financials lately. But if they keep this up, they won't be with us for very much longer.

Went ahead and shot them an email.  I'll update when they say HOW good of a deal this is.

I agree, but just because they failed doesn't make it any less true. They simply don't have the money to invest, so you can't expect the same level of R&D.

Also, where they failed isn't the consumer market. It's the business market. Nvidia absolutely owns them in every way there, and that's where they need to excel. It's where a massive percentage of both companies margin comes from.

With Intel as an observer? I mean they are the blue team, they already share the same color as the UN...

Okay im gonna take my 270x off my pc and use intel graphics.

Okay now we have a INTEL fanboy in the ring.

/s

You know what they say... where 2 fight the 3rd will take victory. Intel will just come to collect remains.

and this post as well !!!

mGHh3s7.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

For realsies or just for shits 'n giggles? :P

Depends on their reply  ;)

Aaaaaaaaand they're back down to their usual level.

I thought new marketing leadership and CEO could have possibly injected some IQ into their company, but NOPE.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.