Nokia N1: 8-inch Android Lollipop Tablet with iPad-Like Design and 64-bit Intel Processor

JantsoP

Looks like the secret is out, Nokia is launching An Android tablet running Android 5.0 aka Lollipop and includes the Z Launcher as well. Check out the images, followed by the specs:

nokia-n1-tablet.jpg

Height  : 200.7mm
Width : 138.6 mm
Depth : 6.9 mm
Body : One-piece design with  Aluminum with surface anodization
Weight : 318 g
Colors : Natural Aluminum or Lava Gray
Camera : 8 MP rear-facing camera with autofocus, 5 MP front-facing camera, fixed focus,  1080p video recording
Buttons and connections 3.5 mm audio, Micro-USB 2.0 with a Type-C reversible connector
Display :  7.9 inch (4:3), 2048×1536 resolution, Gorilla® glass 3 IPS panel with LED backlight and Fully laminated zero air-gap display
Chip : Intel® 64-bit Atom™ Processor Z3580, 2.3 GHz
Memory LPDDR3 (800 MHz), 2 GB
Storage:  eMMC 5.0, 32 GB
Graphics : PowerVR G6430, 533 MHz
Audio: High Quality Discrete Audio Codec, Wolfson,  WM8958E, independent audio codec
Speakers:  Two 0.5 W stereo speakers 90 dB with less than 10% total harmonic distortion (THD)
Microphone: Digital MIC Cavity resonance frequency more than 20 KHz
Battery: 18.5 Wh (5300 mAh) rechargeable lithium polymer battery (3.7 V)
Sensors: 6-axis Gyro+Accelerometer
Wireless: Wi-Fi, (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz & 5GHz) with MIMO, Bluetooth, BT 4.0
Software: Android™ 5.0 Lollipop
Nokia Z Launcher

Nokia-N1-Box.png

Source: http://www.technospot.net/blogs/nokia-launching-android-tablet-n1-lollipop-today-specifications/

I mean i would love to have this. Looks nice and neat. Tough price is 249€ before taxes but hey, still cheap :)

Link to tablet own site: http://n1.nokia.com/

Is it just me or does that thing resemble a thicker iPad with a lightning connector?

-quack 

Nokia Nokia, or Microsoft? 

I thought they weren't allowed to make stuff as part of the takeover of the phone division, or is that just phones and not tablets?  

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Nokia, not Microsoft..

I thought they weren't allowed to make stuff as part of the takeover of the phone division, or is that just phones and not tablets?  

After making Thor's Hammer: 

funny-thor-loki-meme-nokia-phone.jpg

They are moving on to Captain America's shield? 

real-reason-captain-americas-sheild-is-i

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

From what I read, it SEEMS the deal between Nokia and Microsoft is for phones (feature phones and  smartphones), so maybe tablet is ok? I'm not sure...

yes not allowed to make nokia named phones until end of 2015. so very short time. after that we will have nokia phones with android finally :)

this looks good couse ipad mini tablet is the perfect size for a tablet imo, its nokia and runs android . nice 

From what I read, it SEEMS the deal between Nokia and Microsoft is for phones (feature phones and  smartphones), so maybe tablet is ok? I'm not sure...

Ah I see, well that's cool. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

boring

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The Verge posted an article if somebody is interested in reading it i will post the link. They say that it has a USB Type C !!! Oh yeeaah :D

Sure, it does look like iPad but that isn't bad at all is it? Didn't expect this from nokia at all. I mean I read just yesterday that they will not gonna make any more hardware products, or maybe they ment no more phones and I got that wrong. Anyway love that they are comming back and on android.

Welcome back Nokia! :)

The verge link: http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/18/7239709/nokia-n1-tablet-price-release-date

I wish it didn't have the speakers in the bottom, I hate that about the iPad. Other than that I hope Nokia comes out with more android devices.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Looks like it has the same resolution and size as the retina mini and has the same gpu as the iPhone 6.

Nexus 9 killer? Maybe not but still a good alternative.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I think that they can make their own android phones and only Lumia line belongs to MS.

It doesn't have LTE, they should of just put Windows 8.1 x64 on it.

just wait for devs to get a hold of it :)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Heck! It looks too much like an iPad to me. I sense another Apple lawsuit coming on. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Well, if history is anything to go by, SpaceX and NASA will be using these things for heat shield plates.

Nokia is finally getting the idea.

I wonder how hard Apple is going to sue them over this...

Since it has a x86 processor, I wonder if you could install Windows on it...

Oh, no, don't give them ideas...

boring

Like your iPhone?

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I wonder how hard Apple is going to sue them over this...

I don't think Apple will sue Nokia, they just made a big agreement over the patents...it's possible that Nokia is allowed to use some of the "Apple" design patents , I would think/hope