Linus called adblock users scummy

jhen

Yes.

Technically, using AdBlock makes you a dick. You are bypassing the advertisements that provide revenue per view/click to the host because of your own convienence.

Adblock -worse than piracy because you didn't have to pay in the first place

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

F their services. Joe blow in his moms basement could provide the same content as Linus with an iPhone. Just cause he wants YouTube videos to pay for his house wife kid and life I have get spammed for at least 5 seconds every time I click something on YouTube.

You're right they they could provide the same content but they won't present it as well as Linus will. And what's wrong with him wanting money from the work he does? He puts a lot of time and effort in creating these videos. Some of that money probably even pays for the servers that run this site your using right now. Don't forget YouTube needs to get money for hosting the videos too.  

I keep LTT white listed as well as a small number quality websites I know are untouched by malvertising or intrusive ads. That's it.

Don't forget YouTube needs to get money for hosting the videos too.  

No because Youtube needs to disappear and be replaced by a service that isn't the lapdog of the US and the perversion they call copyright law. And that's my stance until the EU and UN presses through a fair global copyright and patent reform.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I keep LTT white listed as well as a small number quality websites I know are untouched by malvertising or intrusive ads. That's it.

No because Youtube needs to disappear and be replaced by a service that isn't the lapdog of the US and the perversion they call copyright law. And that's my stance until the EU and UN presses through a fair global copyright and patent reform.

I vote for no copyrights or patents.

Global Copyleft only, Lets see the corporations squirm in horror.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

https://youtu.be/xDnAGVcvUlU?t=165

looks like adblock, right?

Omg, I would say it looks like this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nolijncfnkgaikbjbdaogikpmpbdcdef?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

But it really does have that octagon form from that AdBlock logo :o

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i use adblock, and i don't really care who likes/dislikes it. i have a few sites whitelisted, tough not youtube. honestly, life is too short for (sometimes unskipable) adds.

it is an octagon

@RollinLower: me too. but when somebody says other shouldn't use it, but use it themselves.. that's ridiculous. linus wouldn't be the first

I vote for no copyrights or patents.

Global Copyleft only, Lets see the corporations squirm in horror.

That would mean that companies would have to compete entirely on the strengths and merits of the quality of products and services they provide...the horror!

-------

Current Rig

-------

That would mean that companies would have to compete entirely on the strengths and merits of the quality of products and services they provide...the horror!

tumblr_lk9lusK4c21qcr1n3o1_250.gif

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Calling his fans scum isn't going to help anything either.

You could say that a fan not will to support them isn't a real fan. I white list the forums and I have bought merch. Not a ton but I'll support them since I watch their stuff. I don't white list on YouTube though but I've supported them by other means.

I use not just Adblock, but also Noscript. And no, I'm not turning them off or whitelisting them Because although I trust linustechtips.com, I do not trust newrelic.com, gstatic.com, ajax.googleapis.com, and countless other domains that are trying to constantly connect to me and run scripts that I didn't ever give permission to run when I go to this website. YouTube is worse, I don't want dozens of Google scripts running.

Calling people scum is incredibly simple minded.

I use ghostery, Adblock and No script as plugin in browser and adgaurd. i run my browser in Tails running in a virtual machine in a custom linux. uses a custom app to download YouTube video and watch it offline. I also use ad free VPN router...

I use ghostery, Adblock and No script as plugin in browser and adgaurd. i run my browser in Tails running in a virtual machine in a custom linux. uses a custom app to download YouTube video and watch it offline. I also use ad free VPN router...

Paranoid?

(not saying you can't be, just wondering if that's the case)

So, what. He's got every right to be mad, it's basically taking away some of his income from YouTube. I use AdBlock, but I disable it for Linus' videos and the forum.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

it sounds like "I steel food at burger king, but at walmart I pay" ;)

Am I the only one upset about this insult?

*edit- Linus said he shouldn't have said it and he has been forgiven by all

Using ad-block IS scummy. You use this site and watch his vids and give him nothing in return. That's messed up, yo.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Paranoia doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

I don't think it works that way...

I am using Ad-Block.So what? I am already watching ads where he's saying ''dollar shave club will shave your legs for thatamountofmoney''.And Linus is definetly getting money from Vessel.

I am using Ad-Block.So what? I am already watching ads where he's saying ''dollar shave club will shave your legs for thatamountofmoney''.And Linus is definetly getting money from Vessel.

part of the reason he has to do "dollar shave club" is because of adblock...

Why did you revive a year old thread? Come on guys

The person who revived the thread is genius.. Do you know what is the hottest news of the week.. It is about the loss the industry making due to adblock.  it is never based on if the topic is hot or not Linus choose a topic to discussed on WAN show.. If you clearly analyse, there is specific output variables that make Linus to choose a topic.. that particular variable and the amount of discussion on the topic, makes the probability of that news being featured on WAN show to be highly likely, unless something more important comes by and linus just not cover any news.. So if the news comes by, this post will remind him to take a diplomatic stand on the topic and if he say something that is negative, anyone who read the article, will have negative psychological affect on the users towards Linus in a subliminal way.. This is how i think.. but dates of reviving is all wrong based on the forum post.. but the news was announced before the revival hence maybe

The person who revived the thread is genius.. Do you know what is the hottest news of the week.. It is about the loss the industry making due to adblock.  it is never based on if the topic is hot or not Linus choose a topic to discussed on WAN show.. If you clearly analyse, there is specific output variables that make Linus to choose a topic.. that particular variable and the amount of discussion on the topic, makes the probability of that news being featured on WAN show to be highly likely, unless something more important comes by and linus just not cover any news.. So if the news comes by, this post will remind him to take a diplomatic stand on the topic and if he say something that is negative, anyone who read the article, will have negative psychological affect on the users towards Linus in a subliminal way.. This is how i think.. but dates of reviving is all wrong based on the forum post.. but the news was announced before the revival hence maybe

This was revived long before that was news

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Yes.

Technically, using AdBlock makes you a dick. You are bypassing the advertisements that provide revenue per view/click to the host because of your own convienence.

To be fair, I enable ads on sites I want to support, such as this one.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

I'll just leave this here...

Zhi3dWc.jpg

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

What ever I understand his position but adds are annoying and can seriously be a nuisance I turn it off for certain sites like ltt.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |