Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

I'm sorry Slick - I'm not a huge fan of gaming.

I'm a fan of the toys/tech toys.

Gaming content just takes tooooooooooooo much effort for a return. Gaming on youtube is so much more saturated and harder to get a foothold.

- Getting footage of game

- Editing footage together with commentary (those two take such an extraordinary amount of time, you both know that)

- Being mindful/dealing with contentID

- Some viewers will lose interest instantly if the game just looks boring to their tastes/preference/interests (I personally wasn't too interested after 3 minutes, so the rest kind of just tuned out of my mind)

- Gaming is a very saturated market in both content and media of said content

- Those that would follow every review Slick posts are mostly there for Slick as a personality and just to hear what he personally has to say - just livestreaming Twitch of said game he found kind of accomplishes the same goals without having to deal with filming/editing/contentID

But cool toys/tech toys

- They're usually shorter in time spent

- They're interesting to more people in that we wonder what said toy is

- Some could be cool enough (or even useful enough) to warrant a few purchases (I could see the salt gun as a nice gift to some friends)

- It could lead to some cool discoveries long-term

- It can keep people interested enough to subscribe and coming back to watch content, not everyone is ready nor has a need for MORE hardware; but if I see a toy that's cool and worth the price vs function, heck why not?

I just see toys being a much more interesting venture for everyone in the group, as well as being a much better return of investment in the form of more views, interest, and subscribers.

I recommend (for the gaming reviews) to use more live feeds like talking WHILE playing the game and maybe using a webcamera or something to have you or luke on a minisquare on the top right of the video etc...as I watched the review on this video it seems like as if you were doing a hardware review and I dont think that this would be very popular way to showcase a videogame ...

Both are good ideas... why not making a single channel were when you find a bargain title or a very greate game you review it when there is no bargain or great game you review a funny/interesting toy... :) 

As long as you do interesting toys that would actually appeal to a slightly older group (like the fly gun you showed) it should be entertaining, I rather enjoyed that part.

I do also like the concept of the video game overview but the one for Trine was just kinda meh, nothing against Slick, but seemed to kinda drone after a bit.

Voted for both, but please PLEASE don't kill more bugs just for the channel... :(

I'm actually surprised that NO ONE else has mentioned this... I'm not really into killing bugs for no reason and it bothered me to have to do it to test this toy... ESPECIALLY because I captured it first.... If it had a fighting chance I'd have felt a bit better... I honestly figured PETA would be all over me about this video, but no one cares about flies I suppose...

Made this account for the sole purpose of letting you gentleman know that you're doing a great job.

Both pilot videos were very watch worthy. However, I found the toy pilot a bit more enjoyable with the dynamic camera movement and shooting style. It's just a bonus that he was payed a visit by local law enforcement. So rebel much rockstar.

But I have to admit Slick does give one hell of a solid review and his insight into gaming seems priceless. Also, I enjoy the budget angle. There is a ton of higher end/enthusiast content available right now. This would be a nice change of pace.

But for the love of god please do some real hardware review or tech tips.... (like making a home budget custom NAS server... or RAM disk etc) or reviewing some exotic hardware on your main channel.... I am tired of seeing mini itx cases, and small gadgetry... They are cool ok.. but not for 24/7 every month....

First off I am a gamer and love to game. But in my opinion there isn't really a point in making a gaming channel, YouTube has enough as it is. And I don't really find slick to be that entertaining which is what I want when watching gaming videos, although he did do a good job of explaining the game, it just doesn't seem he has the nack for it or is dedicated enough. Now Linus just has a talent for reviewing stuff, it doesn't matter what it is he somehow makes you interested in it. I never thought I would want a salt fly shooter gun 0_0.

Yes Linus said that the tech stuff would not be going anywhere, but I feel that the WAN show seems to be the main focus, which is not suitable for me because 1 its over a hour long, and 2 it does kind of have the same idea every show I have watched and doesn't have the same vibe as the shorter tech videos that we all know and love. I certainly would like to see a combination of what @SlickPC and whatLinus wanted to include in their separate channels, or maybe include more gaming into their current LinusTechTips channel, that maybe talks more about their benchmark games or games that they have had experience with which should be cool too. The toys side of things is a commedy stunt, I'm Sorry Linus Sebastian, its hard enough taking you seriously as it is but maybe if it was like IR Drones or like some of the gadgets that aren't really computer related would be a nice part of a separate channel. 

Project Devils Delight

Mobo:ASUS B85 PRO Gamer  CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k   RAM: 8GB Kingston HYPERX Beast 1600Mhz    GPU PowerColor Devils 13 Dual Core 290X

Case: Corsair Air 540 strips Storage: Samsung 256GB SSD and a 1TB WD Black (2013 Model)                                                                                                       

I want toys and collectables to stay in LTT.

They are the nice little nerd sense tickling biscuits between all the great tech videos.

So I voted for gaming only.

Slick would have his "own" channel where he could further unfold.

But I'm skeptical that it'll take off as a gaming only channel. I would like to see another game review by Luke, the first one didn't quite convince me.

Intel Q6600@3.2Ghz | HD6870 | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
BF3 medium settings | no vSync | 1080p | 50-70fps (:

A lot of people are saying that there is already many gaming channels but most of them do live commentaries rather than game reviews. Personally, I stopped watching most of the channels who do live comms as they're low effort and pretty boring.

But for the love of god please do some real hardware review or tech tips.... (like making a home budget custom NAS server... or RAM disk etc) or reviewing some exotic hardware on your main channel.... I am tired of seeing mini itx cases, and small gadgetry... They are cool ok.. but not for 24/7 every month....

LAST night's video was a mini PC with a projector in it... C'mon man, what do you want from me?! ;p

Business wise, making a gaming channel would be the best option IMO. Personally, I enjoyed both of the videos and I'd like to see more of it. 

Both, keep it different don't just limit yourself to one thing

Business wise, making a gaming channel would be the best option IMO. Personally, I enjoyed both of the videos and I'd like to see more of it. 

You'd be amazed at how low the CPMs are on gaming content...

I also think that there are to many gaming chanels allready. 

But if you could find a new ankle that would be great!

I would love to see both toys and games, assuming that Slick's gaming videos won't just be gameplays, but more reviews, news, rumours and more Star Citizen  :D

But one thing to consider before starting is toys and games may have two entirely different audiences. Gamers might like toy stuff, but the people who subscribe just to check the toys might not be happy with all the gaming videos coming in  :mellow: I'm just saying  :)

It could work out if you do it well  :D

Edit: What do I know about show business  :lol:

BE A MEMBER OF THE LINUS TECH TIPS STAR CITIZEN ORGANIZATION | JOIN HERE

Before watching the preview trailer pilot video things, I wanted the toys channel. But Slick's video was far better as a proof of concept than Linus' video, which is why I voted for the games only channel. Ideally, I'd like to have them both (who wouldn't!), but the toys section would require a lot more cinematic production value involved to be successful.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

I'm thinking break linustechtips channel into 4 segments. Unboxings & Overviews, Reviews, Toys/ Nerd merch, and Slick gaming.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I'm new to the forum (but have been viewing your content for a few years now), but I would definitely like to see both. Linus has the right personality to make something like a toy channel unique and fun, while Slick had a very honest approach to his review of a game that I honestly probably wouldn't have planned to try out otherwise. As long as he keeps it honest and doesn't turn into another IGN or something...then I think it'll be successful. Hope this helps somewhat and keep the awesome videos coming :)

Also, I know it's a tedious process and I don't know if you've addressed this before, but I want to see more actual unboxings of products. I'm one of those people that's really interested in how a product is cared for and packaged. I think this really reflects on the efforts a company puts into their image and the experience of their customers. I don't know, maybe I'm one of the few, but if I'm stuck deciding between two otherwise awesome products, then how it's cared for, presented and shipped to me would help sway my decision. Other than that tho, I've really enjoyed what you guys have grown into over the last couple of years. I'd just like to see a little more specific details like packaging reintroduced into your videos. 

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this (if you were able too). 

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

As long as the game you review are for PC, you have my support!

Tough decision. I voted toys.

Both, seems like one of the two might get more into focus after a while because it turns out to be the better show than the other.

Btw. you guys should definitley do the videos on this channel together, no matter what topic it's gonna be about.

who cares...

I like the idea of both the gaming and toy channel. What if the person that has the free time for that week (or whatever the time schedule for releasing those videos) posted a video on video games or toys?

One channel to rule them all.

Could you not just make a series on LTT for either of these ideas? (like how Vsause2(3) or other channels have categories like Lut and What The FAK.)

I love "toys", and like, and I am always looking for new games to play especially at low prices.