Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

in The game review pilot i didn't like the idea of showing Luke sitting on a couch and talking about the game i'd rather have clips of the game through out the video, that's just a suggestion :)

great idea any chance we can see d-arts and s.h figurearts

Both, but on separate channels :) I don't know how much work it'd be, but it'd be good designing content for different audiences, instead of blasting people that subbed for toys with gaming and vice-versa.

#!

I love Linus' charisma and X-factor. He is awesome on camera and gets excited over the smallest things (which also gets me excited on things I have no use or need for). However, I am too old for toys and don't have a kid yet so a channel like that, while very entertaining, will be less useful for me.

I am a gamer and would love to see more opinions of the LTT team on games (PLEASE keep it PC only, PLEASE!!). However, you would need to also cover bigger games and not focus only on older indie games. Buying AAA games on launch day for review will get costly (at least until you get big enough to have games given to you by the devs or publishers). Also, if you go for a gaming channel, please consider avoiding to give games scores because that's a matter of preference and you will be accused of being paid off no matter the score.

That being said, my vote is for a gaming channel. I do think Linus needs to be involved in this though because Luke talking about a game is as entertaining as watching paint dry. He is sooooooo boring.... I had to will myself into watching his entire segment. Maybe it was because it looked like he hadn't had any sleep this entire week or maybe it's just that he has no charisma whatsoever but man.... that was dull as crap.

PS. I wonder if they really read all the posts in this topic....

I think having a mixture of both will increase the amount of content available to record (for a single channel) since you guys are very occupied will tech videos already. As others have already pointed out, there's no end to the number of other video game reviewers, so whilst Slick's videos would be very well done - it'd probably be information we've already heard.

"I'd like to own my own business when I grow up, what do you want to do?" - "I wanna be a MILF!"

Case: CM Storm Trooper (Black) CPU: AMD Piledriver FX-8350 @ 4.0GHz RAM: Mixed, 8GB GPU: ASUS GTX 970 Strix MoBo: Asus M5A97 PRO PSU: Seasonic M12 / 850W STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro (250GB) / Western Digital Blue (1TB)

Slick called the cops, for shame Slick, for shame

HOSTNAME: VERA | OS: Win10 | CASE: NZXT H440 | CPU: i7 8700K | GPU: EVGA  GTX1080 FTW | MEMORY: 2x8GB Team Group 8pack edition 3200MHz 14-14-14-31 | PSU: Seasonic P1000 | SSD: Vertex 4 512GB, 2 x SanDisk Ultra 2 960GB | HDD: 8TB total | DISPLAY: Acer Predator 1080p 144 Hz G Sync + Acer 27" 1080p | MOBO: Asus Prime-P | KEYBOARD, MOUSE AND PAD: Ducky Shine 5, Corsair M65 Pro and Razer Sabertooth | AUDIO: ASUS Xonar Phoebus, Corsair SP2500, AKG Q701 + ModMic, Audio Technica ATH-M50x | COOLER: Corsair H100i

Would love to see both, however Slick needs to work on not being... I hate to say it but kinda boring as he was in that video. Slick, you've got enough personality in other videos you just came off really stiff in this one. I already didn't care about Trine 1 or 2 but you really didn't make me even stick around for that part of the video. There's been plenty of videos in the past i've watched (Flower Power anyone?) I didn't really care at all about. But I watched it because it was entertaining.

I understand it was just a pilot, you'll get better. But yea next time try not to be so dry with the gaming videos. ^_^

I really love both.

Toy videos - epic. Im still a child at heart and love playing with toys! Would be very entertaining!

Gaming Videos - yes there are loads out there, but i really like the idea of reviewing games that are on sale, or cheap! I love bargain games!

Mixed please, cant wait for more!

My only question is who is going to run the gaming half when you fire slick ... again?   :D

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Only toys and games? I'd put more simple fun stuff on the channel. With Slick's segment, I don't want to just watch slick's face talking, have him in a small box in the corner on top of the gameplay.
The Ball Pit? I think it would make everyone happy if you just went with the standard Linus<insert word here>tips :P 

Wow... Trine 2? I had no idea this was happening  ;)

I'm actually surprised that NO ONE else has mentioned this... I'm not really into killing bugs for no reason and it bothered me to have to do it to test this toy... ESPECIALLY because I captured it first.... If it had a fighting chance I'd have felt a bit better... I honestly figured PETA would be all over me about this video, but no one cares about flies I suppose...

A mosquito would have been better - I think its safe to say everyone wants them to die a death... them and wasps. I mean what is the point in those assholes?

I enjoy watching all of your video's, but the gaming video's are really interesting for me. I did not know trine 2 and it seems like a really cool game to play, so thanks Luke!

I love all your tech videos and was enough to inspire me to start building my own PC but games and toys would be awesome you just need to come up with a name.I feel what ever you come up with your group of channels are becoming the ultimate "LAD" place to go tech,games and toys.

I would really love to see both. I love the variety. If you only did one I think toys is more unique. 

That Kurt joke man..... really.

I couldn't believe he actually said that at first haha 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I'm going for the toy/video-games option as long as you do board/card games as well...  :D 

... that said. Do you guys even have time for another channel?  :huh:

I really liked both, both seemed to interest me.

Like both ideas of gaming channel and toy channel but would prefer more Toy unboxings! Here is a name for the channel "GAMETOY"

Intel Core i5 4670k,ASUS B85-MG,4GB Vengeance,Gigabyte 7950,Cooler Master Elite 430 Black,Cooler Master 600 Silent Pro

Like both ideas, with the gaming being little known / budget titles, Luke's style is clear and easy to digest.

Toys are just fun, although from a practicle point of view you could need more space if a ton of toys start to show up with all the other tech you have.

Ok so I don't know if you will actually end up reading this, But I have a couple of suggestions.

First of all I like both idea's, I think they're similar enough to be within a single "ball pit" style channel.

If you're to go ahead with any Game style content, I would suggest trying to keep the reviews quite a bit shorter. (I know these are just to give us a rough idea of what you're planning) The Trine 2 review seems to me a bit dragged out.

I would like to see a rating style system implemented. e.g.  5/10 Slick points. I would also like to see a corresponding section and posts to the gaming videos on the forum, With a section for user reviews and ratings.

If a game were to incorporate different game modes eg. Single player/Multiplayer, individual scores for the different modes. something like:

LMG Rating:

Single Player 7/10

Multiplayer 2/10

Community Rating

Single Player 6/10

Multiplayer 5/10

And then user reviews would be in the comments sorted by popularity.

As for the Toys side of things, I would love to see the old blog style video's come back. Especially with toys the fun vibe, bit less professional aspect would work well.

I would like to see a rating style system implemented with this but a bit differently to traditional systems. Something along the lines of a slider bar ranging from:
[re-playability]-----------------------[AWESOME]------------------[gimmicky] (This isn't perfect but you get the gist)

e.g. (I might get a lot of flack for this) Lego is not the most AWESOME thing in the world but you back to it over and over and over and over again because its fun.

(Oh god am I about to say this?) Storm Trooper Armour is AWESOME but a bit on the gimmicky side because its not something you're going to be constantly going back it. It has its time and place but you're not going to wear it all the time.

I would also like to see a section bought to the forum about this as well but with your normal traditional style posts about your videos. Where you can buy it, basic opinion. A Place people can discuss the item.

I really like the new channel idea. Keep up the good work and good luck :-)

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I'd say both, under the banner of "Geek Culture".

Chuck some anime there, too :D

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Yay mixture, it'll be good to mix it up a lil, plus It'll be better for a wider range of people to enjoy the videos. mixture ftw! :P  :P

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.