Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

Personally I'm a gadget/toy person and not overly interested in game reviews. BUT I do understand why others would want those as well, so the best answer would be to do a channel about both. Also, there would have to be some down time with either having a decent enough toy or interesting game to review so the balance between both options would help.

I voted for the mixed option.

LAST night's video was a mini PC with a projector in it... C'mon man, what do you want from me?! ;p

I agree on that your LAST video was more true to your roots (but for me it was a meh gadget but thats my personal taste and standadarts fair is fair though it was a tech review of a general interesting tech trend -though I would like you to stress more of its possible uses expandability and capabilities techwise... -)

But take a look at your latest videos almost all of them have under 50k views.... which ones have 100k-300k or more? the TECH GUIDES!!! the videos were you actually spend serious time about explaining tech stuff and showcasing real hardware and how to combine it in order to achieve a certain porpuse..... like ultimate amd apu system, (which in my homble opinnion isnt that ultimate :P but very close :P )  

And generally I think it would be a good idea to test things people cant find (or atleast not very easy) on the net etc like amd latest apu D.G with a 270 graphics card (I have heared that it works and that it works fine but nor AMD or the rest of the net have much info on it)

I like both ideas, but I think a gaming oriented channel is more useful/informative to me as with the rest of LTT viewers.  :)

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

For me there already are enough gaming channels. I don't need any more. I voted for toy channel, but of course both would include that and I could just not watch the gaming vids, so that's fine too.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

I like both the channel ideas!

The toy videos could concentrate on novel/interesting ideas not only for teens or adults, but also for smaller children. Linus could test the toys in some interesting ways.

Slick on the other hand should find an interesting way to present the games and/or find some niche, awesome games. He could use the LTT forum community to help him locate these games. I am sure there are many of us that play or have played some interesting games and Slick could gather community reviews look into the games and make a video about the most interesting.

I am sure You guys can make this channel great - just innovate!

Game reviews are a dime a dozen(or 1 deciloonie per 1 decagame, in Metric). But the Toy Channel seems like something that would have unique content.

I voted for a mix of both types of content, but would support whatever direction it goes, should it go ahead

Looking for a job

Both, I'd love to see Linus's silly little toy reviews even if I didn't want to buy them and it would be awesome to see Slicks perspective on games. However Slicks concept is kind of like total biscuits sale box series so maybe something a little different?

Exactly because there are too many gaming channels fusing both genre (toys and gaming) would be a good idea... so that you are showcasing only what needs to be (something that the rest of the channels havent touched very much and its still interesting or a bargain) and in the mean time if not such game comes up showcasing interesting toys etc would be a nice time addition :) 

As I made this account to vote I might as well post why I choose Toys. 

There are so many gaming channels on YouTube currently even reviews. While I liked the review for budget games it's not something I am personally interested in watching. The concept of toys has been done before but most of those channels are lacking certain things such as a weekly video or even biweekly. I also think the toys channel would be amazing in itself and get a decent following on it's own. 

Now, I would like to say that a dual channel with both the toys and games would be great. I didn't personally vote for it because I like toys. :P

Well, hope to see this new channel soon. Sounds like it will be good regardless. 

I honestly feel like the content/channel has been REALLY lacking lately. Unboxings have gone the way of the dinosaur, and the videos that are released seem to be rehashes (how many Corsair mice will I hear about before I still never buy one?) or about things that don't have to do with the main reason I came to the channel: PC Tech. I love LTT, but I would be really disappointed in a new 'additional' channel. I'd rather see more tech content, maybe branch out into investigating future tech, speaking with contacts in the industry to find new 'in progress' concepts that they want to gauge community interest in, and testing newer things that actually matter to consumers (not just sponsors).

That being said, I still watch any video put out on any channel LTT releases. I do think TechQuickie is kind of a joke, seeing as I've only maybe found one or two episodes I could link to someone who wasn't already fairly knowledgeable with the subject and have it mean squat. That and the repeated sponsorship from Hotspot Shield, which is certainly the most second rate service (for its price/compared to competitors) I've ever seen, it makes me worry about the future. There's lackluster/lack of content on the main channel, very little on TechQuickie (and most of it not helpful), and another channel will just deepen the problem. I REALLY don't like this idea. That's just my opinion.

Also, you bold "We're not ditching LinusTechTips" ... but it certainly feels half on the way out of your focus already. Keep shifting your limited focus/resources to another channel and I wouldn't doubt it would be. Not the kind of depressing thought I wanted at the end of my day.

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

I think the toy videos will be more popular because of their uniqueness, but I personally enjoyed the gaming video as well, just one thing, try to select a less known title for next time.

voted Toys just because of the Kurt Cobain joke and the cops showing up. LOL

EDIT: What about a weekly behind the scenes vlog?

Now this would be awesome!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Old school Unboxing on the Toy video! :D

Luke did a good job on that Game review i should probably play Trine 2 i did pre order it after all

also some behind the scenes and bloopers would be awesome

Iv voted for both, however there is a lot of gaming channels out their so my priority is on the toys

First off, both of the videos you shown were great. Linus did great with the "Bug-A-Salt" overview, and Slick did great with talking about Trine.

However, I fully endorse a Toys channel, because there are already far too many gaming channels. I realize there are toys channels as well, but not to the scope or magnitude of Toys.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

i think both is good but more to the toys side than the games side  

I would prefer to see more video's on the toy's than games(sorry Slick). There are so many channels which air game walkthroughs/reviews, but I don't know of many channels which make videos about guns that launch salt at insects. If two video's were to pop up on my suggested video's one being Linus's insect salt blaster and another Slicks Trine 2 video I would click on linus's video first. Don't get me wrong but, I would still like to see a combo chanel. 

LOL the cops though........ GO RCMP​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'M TOTALLY DOWN FOR MORE CAT VIDEOS! 

When was that? Anyone wanna tell me at what time it's at? 

In my opinion, I felt that the Bug-Assault / Toy Channel was much more entertaining than the Trine-2 / Gaming Channel. However, both channels will differ on the entertainment side depending on the item/game being displayed in the video. 

- PANCAK3

When was that? Anyone wanna tell me at what time it's at? 

3.20 ( so, say, watch from 3.10 to 3.30).

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

i am really looking forward to the toy video's because they're awesome!!!! 

and also i like what slick did in trine review so thats why i chose both  :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

well both, the more the merrier i guess

#linusballpittips

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02