Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

Would you do game play videos too or just reviews of games?

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

theres already so many game channels!!!!! MAKE A TOYS CHANNEL, but i also wanted to say PLEASE STAY FOCUSED ON TECH!!! if that channel even kind of takes away from the "goodness" of linustechtips i don't want to see it. 

gGAgepO.jpg

but please do both i.e. while slicks filming a game review you could be unboxing a collectable in the next room. but if you have to do unt only one i would chose toys because it reminds me of the good ol days of LTT and im a collcetor and RC fan too.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

A channel with both concepts would be nice. Btw trine is an awesome game :P and i want that salt gun >.<

Both. Called it Linus and Slick have fun with toys..........

Or not

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I think it would be better if you did both but not on the same channel.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

You and 4 other people...

Enterprise tech would make sense If we had an enormous team of people with both deep and broad experience in enterprise hardware and software and an unlimited budget.

Even the largest sites like Toms and Anandtech do a piss-poor job of covering enterprise tech because the audience is so small that you could never support it with a traditional web monetization strategy (ads and sponsorships) and anyone willing to throw that kind of money at performance and reliability testing wouldn't be interested in the results being public because then their competitors are benefiting from their investment.

Will likely never happen at all, never mind from us :(

you speak wisely oh great linus. nicely put doe and very true.  ;)

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

The comment I left on YouTube...

My thoughts on Linus's video:

The video was neat but personally I would be more interested in limited edition stuff like Star Wars and other stuff not nerf guns. Overall i liked it but no childrens toys make it cool stuff like powerful lazer pointers and stuff.

My thoughts on Slick's video:

Right off the bat i found the gaming video a bit boring. I didn't find staring at Slick's face for 75% of the video very entertaining. Showing more gameplay will definitely be more entertaining. Also your review seems very robotic like your trying to dell the game way to much. You didn't really talk much about the downsides of the game and that makes me feel like you are EA trying to sell me Titanfall.

Overall:

I would like for you guys to give it a try for a few weeks and see how it goes then descide on one or the other because both channels seems like way to much work and content for us to watch.

EDIT: What about a weekly behind the scenes vlog?

​EDIT 2: Slick's gaming channel could be similar to how he live streams but he could play with forum members...

Why not a personal channel with everything you and your team care about mixed in? That way you dont have to limited to just toy and games, you can occasionally do things like costume (like the Starwar costume before) or whatever 

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

A toy channel got my vote.

As good as Slick's pilot video was, gaming videos are really over-saturated, so I personally couldn't get as engaged with his video as I was with Linus's.

I also really like the casual, vloggy style of the toy pilot, it reminded me of the older videos, and felt a lot more personal, while still being informative.

Don't get me wrong, both pilots were fantastic, regardless of how the vote ends, I'll still be happy.

Mixed, I guess.

I'm not subbed to any other channel about toys and it seems interesting... as for games, it seems different enough from all the lets play/review channels I'm subbed to so that works too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I was so entertained by the video and honestly found my self a little disappointed when it ended.I hope this new channel stays really active.

I think a combined channel would be good, more toys then games but games will be a welcome addition. Most people that follow you will already have dedicated gaming channels so I don't think one dedicated to gaming will work but a gaming video every now and then or every week would be cool.

you didnt list tech isnt Tech specificity in your title?  

Not sure if you already had a reply to this. But this is a secondary channel that will not affect Linus's making of Tech Videos. This is a channel for fun that will be done on it's own time.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

I got an idea for a name for both

"Linus and Lukes fun Reviews"

Or LLFR for short

That name just does not come off the tongue right.

While I personally already have several gaming channels I'm subscribed to, I'm always up for alternative perspectives on these games.
Additionally, I miss the older 'toy' videos you used to do. Seeing them again would be welcome indeed.

As a suggestion if you do go through with a 'both' channel: Theme the thumbnails distinctively between the two concepts. This way, those who only want one of the two can clearly identify which is which and watch what they want.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6145146?
This is how you own price to performance.
"Life is too precious to be wasted in misery." -Me.

Cool Ideas, but how is there any profit in either of these? As it is I barely see how the tech videos are profitable.

We made money last year, and we're doing it again this year....

Just expect to see integrations from Squarespace, Dollar Shave Club, Hotspot Shield, or anyone else who wants to reach our audience........

As for why I want a toy channel.... Meet Exhibit A:

That (absolutely terrible) video has 2 MILLION views. Unreal eh? So I figure "hey, I don't make the rules here..."

Want to like table top gaming and other real world gaming. DO IT. I just want to say I don't know about Luke reviewing a game. It just seems like TotalBiscuit. I want ya'll to make way more money so I can keep watching ya'll. So do like toys and table top gaming may be lets plays, but not reviews. Maybe a review of your Lets play thought. "wink wink"

NZXT Phantom 810 Black, AMD FX-6100, FX-990 Sabertooth gen 1, 16GB 1333MHz Corsair, 2x HD 6770