Why so much HATE on Razer Products

They are like alienware/apple decent quality for the products but in general the people who swear by  the company are just ew. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

over priced from what it looks... and speaking to people who spend their lives on computers and gaming they have said that the build quality is lower. 

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

So in the end razer products lack in build quality

Alright then

Razer is out of my list

Thanks guys :)

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Everything most of the time from them is overpriced. I've seen their blackwidow the price of Ducky keyboards. And their keyboards are NOWHERE NEAR the quality of a Ducky or other keyboards. They're also too "GAMING" orientated, and their products are "FOR GAMERS", which just means more expensive, less quality. For example, their slogan is "For Gamers, by Gamers." But IMO I don't think gamers want their peripherals failing during their game sessions all the time. That's why I didn't go with Razer. Every PC Gamer noob thinks "RAZER = BEST. RAZER = BEST." No, just no.

Razer ≠ Best.

Razer is the Apple of the PC gaming world

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Razer is the Apple of the PC gaming world

Except Apple actually makes good quality products

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Except Apple actually makes good quality products

Yeah. Their keyboards don't get a stuck key after owning it for one day! My blackwidow did and I babied it. 1 day and I had a stick key. I like my k70 much better

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Shitty QC, over priced and they just look gross. Plus, I think their keyboards feel cheap. I like a keyboard so firm and rigid that I could bludgeon someone to death with it. :D

That, being said, I've only had experience with their keyboards, so maybe it's just that area they suck at. 

By the people that I have seen hate on razor products they (for the most part) say it's a symbol status more than a quality product in which I disagree :D

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

By the people that I have seen hate on razor products they (for the most part) say it's a symbol status more than a quality product in which I disagree :D

Problem being that their products spontaneously fall apart sometimes.

Only Razer product i have is a Blackwidow Tournament and don't have any issues with it. Was 60 bucks at a local store, so that isn't overpriced at all.

We can sit here all day picking apart every company that makes products for the PC.... shall we?

I have a blackwidow, deathadder, and a naga. All of them work great and give me no issues at all

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

I own a Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, Razer mamba, and Razer kraken pros and i love all three.

Keyboard works great had it about 8 months and their is no visible wear on it (other than dust etc..)

Mouse I've had little over a year probably about 14 months and the only complaint I have is that the wireless battery doesnt last long enough because im forgetful and always forget to dock it to charge when im done.

Headset had since Christmas and is probably the best 60-70$ (Amazon) headset you can buy tbh, extremely comfortable, looks amazing, and the sound and mic quality is pretty good. ESPECIALLY for or my parents getting it on sale on cyber Monday for a Christmas present for 50$ this is a great headset for the money. Also would like to add I own a pair of turtle beach PX5s from when I used to console game and the audio quality is only slightly better on those and the mic quality is significantly better but i bought that headset when it was 200$ 3x as much as my parents paid for my Razer headset.

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

The only Razer products I've ever owned are mice. They've always lasted well, and been reasonably well priced. I purchased a Deathadder 2013 for £35, it a great mouse, super comfortable. I bought it to replace my old Deathadder which is still working after 5+ years of use.

I've only ever owned their mice which are fine, but I find the material on the mouse buttons wears off rather quickly and becomes sticky an terrible to use. Also LEDs go off all the time and the left mouse buttons for both mice did not register some clicks after a year or so of used

This was when I decided to switch to a Logitech G500 and it's still going strong for me 5 years later. Hold on now, I can't believe it's 5 years. Maybe it's time to shop about for a new mouse...

Just some of the Razer products I currently own:

• Razer Copperhead
  • Razer Deathadder
  • Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
  • Razer Tiamat 7.1

Not a single failure from any of them. Perhaps I'm just lucky?

Yeah. Their keyboards don't get a stuck key after owning it for one day! My blackwidow did and I babied it. 1 day and I had a stick key. I like my k70 much better

I mean, Apple products are actually made out of quality materials and don't brake so easily. Except the iPhone that tends to have a fragile screen.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Just some of the Razer products I currently own:

• Razer Copperhead
  • Razer Deathadder
  • Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
  • Razer Tiamat 7.1

Not a single failure from any of them. Perhaps I'm just lucky?

You're very lucky that the Deathadder doesn't have a problem :P

I've owned some of their products and i don't hate the company. I only hate the stigma of owning one of their products. Mention razer on a tech forum and you're a fanboy and will be ignored.

My experiences with their products are as follows. And scores are based on how i like them. Your experiences may vary. 

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2011 (i think it was a 2011. Blue backlight)

Fairly ok quality. 
It had Cherry MX blues so the tactile feel was nice.
Held up well until i dropped a cup of coffee on it.
Nice to play games with.
Score - 4/5 .. Bought one for my cousin when i bought mine since they were cheap. His failed after 2 years. He went to a steelseries keyboard after that

Razer charhahrhahrahr or whatever they're called. Headset.
Great build quality.
Comfortable as all hell. That was the major reason i got them.
The mic is not that epic. But it works in a pinch.
Easy to remove speaker cushions. Which is a big +.
Audio quality and design that make them nice for gaming and music. The bassy sound makes them fantastic for world of tanks artillery :D  BOOOOM!

Score 5/5. Does what it says on the tin. And works well for a gaming headset. Even for music. 

Razer Abyssus Gaming mouse.
Great design. Blue lighting. Works well with the rest of my blue theme.
Basic mouse. No extra bells and whistles. Exept for the Dpi and Hz selectors on the underside.
Very light mouse buttons. Perfect for accurate shots in shooter games.
Even though it feels light and almost low quality. It's held up since 2011.
Score 5/5. Perfect for me. 

That's my experiences with their products. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I dont hate it. Razer looks good its just way to overpriced

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

my experence with Razer has generally been good but with a few bumps along the way.

1. Deathadder mouse, great mouse, use it today.

2. Naga Epic mouse, awesome mouse, still have it today.

3. Lycosa keyboard, broken within 24 hours of buying it, lost reciept so couldn't return.

4. Blackwidow tournment edition keyboard, great keyboard but US layout only

5. Goliathus extended, best mouse mat EU!

Razer isn't hated as much as you think. Probably because you are around the forum and other like minded influences it may seem that they are hated a whole bunch. But then again, who doesn't get hate. I personally like their mouses. Mostly because I got use to the shape of their deathadder mouse. I think some of the hate is in the same way as turtle beach. They are perceived to many gamers as the champ and top tier of all peripherals etc. Which isn't true. This same kind of hate can be seen with Alienware, I believe, where if you have one you are the greatest person alive apparently. They are simply great marketers with much style points catered towards a big market of gamers. I guess some of us enthusiast get butt hurt about it because kinda like how you have a friend that is buying new things and you give him a recommendation, to get the best bang for the buck. He instead chose the shiny, glowy one that is not as great and is overpriced so forth. At the end of the day it's all about preference. Sometimes we just gotta stop trying to think for everyone, and let people choose for themselves...unless they ask of course :P

I have no idea why I bothered to write so much on this, nor do I think I even answered this properly... oh well lol

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I don't like Razer really because of the brand itself. I don't like Dell because it's basically the generic go to computer. I don't like Razer for this same reason. As said before in this thread there are people who buy Razer products because it is marketed to be high end gaming grade peripherals. While i've never really used their stuff too much, I don't like the shape of their mice. It's not ergonomic like they say and it's just... ugh. Then again i've gone from terrible Dell mice in schools, to Microsoft wireless mice (NEVER AGAIN) to a Logitech G5 that's slowly dying. My current mouse is the Saitek (now Madcatz... another brand I hate for their genericness) R.A.T. 7 which I absolutely love. It's extremely comfortable despite friends telling me it looks like a torture device, and it looks like they went through my brain and took the design from there.

But anyway.

I just don't like them as they seem to be the go to gaming peripheral and I don't trust them to make good stuff. It might be, though looking through this thread it seems i've been right in staying away from them. A friend of mine went nuts when they released that Xbox 360 controller. Having used third party controllers on a console before and noting that the analog sticks were really bad (like they had three positions of control instead of the range of 0-100 center to edge that analog sticks should) and knowing Razer has never done an analog stick before (though I forgot about the Hydra at the time if it came first) I wanted no part of it. Woo 2 programmable bumpers. When the hell would I ever use those? It isn't hard to quickly hit the ABXY buttons or bumpers or anything on the controller. I don't need terrible gimmicks to make my gameplay better. I'd have to constantly remap them anyway to provide a good working setup, to the point it just makes no sense to not just use the buttons provided as they are.

And rant over...

i really have no issues with razer i have a BWU2013 with mx blues and havent had an issue but i guess other people has had bad experiences

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."