Why so much HATE on Razer Products

I've noticed throughout the interwebs that Razer products seem to be bashed a fair amount.

I can't see why.

I've owned around 6 Razer products and never had one which was faulty. Due to my good experience with the products I have continued to buy the product; even download their awesome free softwares. My friends who've bought Razer product due to me also seem to be extremely satisfied.

So going back to the title why do they receive bad reviews and near to no recommendations?

Thanks

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Just because you have never had anything faulty items from them does not mean that other people experience the same thing.

Me personally, I had a Razer Mamba 2012 edition and RMA'd it withing 2 days because it kept cutting out on wireless/wired. The replacement had the same issues too so I got a full refund.

I see countless threads where people say that there is something wrong with their Razer product/s

Razer are like Apple imo.  The way they market their products is why they are so successful.

I wouldn't recommend Razer just because of the other actual premium products that they can be compared with; eg I would recommend a Ducky Shine 2 Mechanical Keyboard over a Blackwidow ultimate Mechanical keyboard. I have seen a few posts everynow and then about dead keys on the Blackwidow and never seen a bad thing to do with the Ducky.

That being said, I LOVE their mouse pads :D

I am indifferent, they arent crap but they are not amazing. 

I dont think they deserve all the hate that they get but they also dont deserve all the praise they get.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

they make good stuff, but the whole "welcome to the cult" is annoying.  Better than madcatz, ugh, shiver just typing it...

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

they make good stuff, but the whole "welcome to the cult" is annoying.  Better than madcatz, ugh, shiver just typing it...

My sister got a MadCatz mouse even against all of my concerns, my concerns were correct!

razer gets bashed? I must be blind lol I haven't seen it so far :P (I like them so far btw)

Not so much on this forum but it is present! :P

I am indifferent, they arent crap but they are not amazing. 

I dont think they deserve all the hate that they get but they also dont deserve all the praise they get.

I can see why people become frustrated when they have to RMA a device. Some of their products are atrocious though such as the £20 mouse bungie! :P

Also, congratulations on your contest win bro! Enjoy! :P

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Just because you have never had anything faulty items from them does not mean that other people experience the same thing.

Me personally, I had a Razer Mamba 2012 edition and RMA'd it withing 2 days because it kept cutting out on wireless/wired. The replacement had the same issues too so I got a full refund.

I see countless threads where people say that there is something wrong with their Razer product/s

Razer are like Apple imo.  The way they market their products is why they are so successful.

I wouldn't recommend Razer just because of the other actual premium products that they can be compared with; eg I would recommend a Ducky Shine 2 Mechanical Keyboard over a Blackwidow ultimate Mechanical keyboard. I have seen a few posts everynow and then about dead keys on the Blackwidow and never seen a bad thing to do with the Ducky.

I suppose it is to do with luck if you get a good product, that doesn't break. Which is why I believe they get it mostly, as Linus has said before the people with a good experience are quiet. Whereas, with a bad experience they're load and posting on forums, detering potential customers!

I suppose there marketing is effective, but I suppose it has made them a successful company!

I love my current mouse mat the Scarab. However, I did own a Goliathus and hated it. It is the only product I have been dissented in, the weave wasn't tight at all!

See my Build here!

I like their mice like the deathader but synapse is some of the WORST software I think I have ever used.

Synapse defiantly isn't the best, luckily I don't have to use it often as I have a Nostromo. So I get in and assign my key maps to all the profiles and never have to go back! The cloud aspect of it is great though, I use it fairly often! :ap

See my Build here!

I don't have a Razer product, but I am interested in getting some in the future. I personally think they are a decent, reliable company since they make unique products, they agreed to sponsor Linus, and they honored that huge coupon code leak that gave customers 90% off if they entered it. I don't think too highly of them since I've never had a Razer, but I'm not afraid to get one either. This is just my personal opinion.

I"m a Razer fan, that being said the only razer product I disliked was the Razer Tiamat 7.1, sadly the Vengeance 2000 is way better for all purpose PC audio. Other than that my Naga, Blackwidow ultimate and other razer Mice have all been great.

MY BUILD | Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5Ghz | Corsair H115i | MSI Z77A-GD55 | 2 x ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB LP 1600Mhz | Intel 330 180GB SSD + 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 2x WD Red 2TB | OCZ ZX 850W 80+Gold | NZXT H442 Razer Edition | LG 34UC88-B 21:9 3440x1440 | Razer Kraken | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Razer Naga 2013 | Logitech Z-2300 | Steam/Xbox Live Gamertag: Jay Slasher

I don't have a Razer product, but I am interested in getting some in the future. I personally think they are a decent, reliable company since they make unique products, they agreed to sponsor Linus, and they honored that huge coupon code leak that gave customers 90% off if they entered it. I don't think too highly of them since I've never had a Razer, but I'm not afraid to get one either. This is just my personal opinion.

They do some great stuff for charity also. Any funds they raise from 'razer surround' goes to 'child's play'.

See my Build here!

I"m a Razer fan, that being said the only razer product I disliked was the Razer Tiamat 7.1, sadly the Vengeance 2000 is way better for all purpose PC audio. Other than that my Naga, Blackwidow ultimate and other razer Mice have all been great.

I'm also thinking about buying the vengeance 2000s! :P

See my Build here!

I think Logitech should be the one's getting bashed. G600 anyone

I disagree my MX518 is a beast, it's still going strong after ~8 years

OT: I mainly ignore anybody who constantly bashes something because they're generally exaggerating, and it seems like Razer will always RMA their products or if still faulty give a full refund.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

I disagree my MX518 is a beast, it's still going strong after ~8 years

I agree Logitech's old stuff is good, but new stuff is rubbish. I've got a g5 and g15 still going strong.

I agree Logitech's old stuff is good, but new stuff is rubbish. I've got a g5 and g15 still going strong.

The new GS series is gimmicky aswell! They're the same products with a grippy finish!

See my Build here!

Razer has a weird community filled with fanboys and haters. I like there products. Their customer service is good too when I had to deal with it for a friend, but both of my razer products have never given me a problem.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Razer has a weird community filled with fanboys and haters. I like there products. Their customer service is good too when I had to deal with it for a friend, but both of my razer products have never given me a problem.

As I've said, I think Razers products gap can be hit and miss. And obviously if you receive a faulty product firstly; it may leave a sour taste in the mouth.

See my Build here!

I personally have much mixed emotions on Razer. I have had 3 Razer products and that being said, I had a Razer Carcharias. Now the Carcharias was one of the biggest wastes of money, I had so many problems with sound leaking into my microphone but the problem was no sound was actually leaking and it had to do with the wiring of the headset itself. I contacted Razer about it, all they could tell me is that it couldn't be a wiring problem and it was just sound leaking as apparently sound leaking is something that is normal for that headset, after plugging the ear cups up and not being able to hear anything people could still hear my music etc. none the less I got rid of it.

Now I bought a Blackwidow a few months ago and I have had no issues with it thus far and it has been working great and I really quite enjoy the keyboard. The keyboard is the only thing keeping me from hating them all together.

The final item I own from them is the speed edition Goliathus mouse mat. Now I like the mouse mat as it is really smooth but the tight weave on the mat itself is already starting to fray and is becoming much more resistant and not near as smooth, another thing I hate about it is the stupid anti-fray stitching, the stitching really I find is really cheap feeling and feels like it will fall apart if you snag your mouse on it somehow. I got another Goliathus speed edition to replace this one when it wears out, but I'm hoping it lasts longer than a few months, as I have only had it a few weeks and its already having these problems with the weave. I will definitely not buy another if it doesn't last more than a year.

EDIT: First post YAY!

I personally have much mixed emotions on Razer. I have had 3 Razer products and that being said, I had a Razer Carcharias. Now the Carcharias was one of the biggest wastes of money, I had so many problems with sound leaking into my microphone but the problem was no sound was actually leaking and it had to do with the wiring of the headset itself. I contacted Razer about it, all they could tell me is that it couldn't be a wiring problem and it was just sound leaking as apparently sound leaking is something that is normal for that headset, after plugging the ear cups up and not being able to hear anything people could still hear my music etc. none the less I got rid of it.

Now I bought a Blackwidow a few months ago and I have had no issues with it thus far and it has been working great and I really quite enjoy the keyboard. The keyboard is the only thing keeping me from hating them all together.

The final item I own from them is the speed edition Goliathus mouse mat. Now I like the mouse mat as it is really smooth but the tight weave on the mat itself is already starting to fray and is becoming much more resistant and not near as smooth, another thing I hate about it is the stupid anti-fray stitching, the stitching really I find is really cheap feeling and feels like it will fall apart if you snag your mouse on it somehow. I got another Goliathus speed edition to replace this one when it wears out, but I'm hoping it lasts longer than a few months, as I have only had it a few weeks and its already having these problems with the weave. I will definitely not buy another if it doesn't last more than a year.

EDIT: First post YAY!

So I've come to the conclusion, Razer audio isn't great? :P, yet mouses are great! Especially the deathadder! :P

Congratulations, I'm graced that it's on my topic! :P

See my Build here!

So I've come to the conclusion, Razer audio isn't great? :P, yet mouses are great! Especially the deathadder! :P

Congratulations, I'm graced that it's on my topic! :P

I'm quite tempted to try their Deathadder 2013, as I have heard nothing but good things about it. From what I can tell Razer is best at making mice and mouse mats if you get one that lasts, and there keyboards are hit and miss from what I see. lol

I'm quite tempted to try their Deathadder 2013, as I have heard nothing but good things about it. From what I can tell Razer is best at making mice and mouse mats if you get one that lasts, and there keyboards are hit and miss from what I see. lol

My freind has just ordered a keyboard from them, and I personally use the nostromo and have no problems with it! They've discontinued my favourite mat 'The Scarab'!

I've heard nothing but good things about the Vespula however. It has both a speed side and control side for the lowish price of £25! :O

See my Build here!

I want one, but then it doesn't match everything else ;(