Why so much HATE on Razer Products

Can't offer a personal opinion but my brother is a huge Razer fan and has had every product bought from them break within 6 months. He still loves them, but is looking towards a M95 to replace whatever mouse he currently has from them as it broke. I almost bought a Tiamat though. From what I see, they aren't bad at all, unless my brother's results very precisely reflect the build quality of all their products.

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

I've had nothing but bad experiences with them, so I cannot in good conscience recommend them to a friend, but I am fully aware that I'm in the vast minority there.

Never had a problem with them.

Had a deathadder for like 4 years + before the wheel broke, which is not OK but 4 years is a long time considering there parts aren't exactly the best.

Have a naga right now, had it for just over a year and its still like brand new.

Also had a arctosa for a number of years and it was fine.

Yes they are expensive and low quality compared to other brands (logitech etc)

But even logitech now are getting expensive with there new mice with the "special" coating.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I wont buy razer products, partly because I have had two mice break and a mousepad that kinda broke, the build quality was not good in my opnion. And partly because a few of my friends hates razer, also because of bad experiences with their products!

Though I know there are or atleast have been alot of Razer haters on the net, but as Linus says, companies which sells alot of products will also have the most "bad publicity" and most the most RMAs (not in percentages, but in total amount), and I think Razer is one of the biggest pheriphiral suppliers in the world, atleast for the gamin community.. :)

(Comming soon)

I don't have a problem with their mouses but their keyboard and headsets/headphones are pretty hard to recommend to anyone.

You can't really judge any products until you've really tired them out, most people who hates on Razer usually doesn't have any experience with them and always assume that a company sucks because someone on the Internet said so.

They make good mousemats. [i like the Goliathus]

Their mousepads are severely overpriced and of shitty quality. [My brothers Ironclan started losing it's painting after 2 days using a Naga epic, and considering this thing costs 80$...]

Their mice are mediocre at best, while they cost double of a good mouse.

Their headsets are crap. [so are most gaming headsets]

Their mech keyboard is horrible, and costs 2x of a good one like a CM [at least here]

Don't see a good reason to buy a Razer mouse over a Logitech one, a Razer keyboard over a CM / Ducky / Filco / .... , and I personally prefer the QCK over the Goliathus ^^'

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The build quality is good IMO, things may be plasticy but imo unless you intentionally tried to break something it won't break. Had my black widow ultimate 2013 stealth for 4-ish months so far, besides from it needing to be cleaned works perfectly. And my razer mamba 2012 still works great too, about 4 months old as-well.

Personally I like green so it doesn't bug me 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Razer are so fun to hate, because they make it so easy.

Objectively they're an average company. They have some standout products like the Deathadder, but then they have some failures too.

The problem comes with their marketing. They have this whole "cult of Razer" thing, they drown product feature-lists with buzzwords, they ply popular personalities (Yogscast, Roosterteeth, Linus) with their products to get people to buy them because of who's using them and they target the young adolescent market, which makes for the most annoying, ill-informed rabid fan-base.

If they'd let their products stand somewhat on their own, instead of slopping so much foul-smelling, marketing bullshit over everything, they might actually be liked more than they are now...Especially since all their forays into new markets (controllers, fight-sticks, laptops etc.) might seem more like experiments (which they hopefully are), rather than cynical cash-grabs.

Razer VS other peripherals = Beats by dre VS Other Headphones

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

I have never and probably will never own anything from Razer. Why? It's too mainstream :P *hipster* and they don't offer anything that I want that I can't get from other brands I like. I have no experience with them or friends that have so I can't bash them or anything. 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

In Terms of Personal Perspective. I think they're reasonably pricey but not overly. They've got a lot to be desired in build quality. Aesthetically pleasing. 

From my retail Perspective. They have a generally low Failure rate. (if you try to compare their headsets to turtle beach. I receive roughly 15 turtle beach to every 1 razer headset.

They've done a good job building their brand, They sell well, They Try to be innovative.

There is not a lot that the can really be faulted on. Build Quality is the only thing I can pick them on. Its not Terrible but I've seen much, MUCH better.

e.g. The metal arm that attaches the thumb buttons and toggle to the Orbweaver has a lot of movement in it. So even just pushing the buttons makes the whole side assembly move back and forth.

R4-620x.jpg

The metal bit on the side toward the left.

Their Premium (elite) tier Mouse, The Ouroborus is made of a very cheap feeling plastic and feels very flimsy.

razer-ouroboros-mouse-01.jpg

However with their more Value Oriented products you get a much better quality Product. 

e.g. The Deathadder feels pretty Solid and is what I would expect for a $89 ([RRP]AUD) Mouse. The Taipan feels much more Solid and has a much Nicer IMO (laser) Sensor for $99 ([RRP]AUD)

As for their Keyboards. They try to cover a large amount of consumers with minimal products. Smart marketing by them has this covered, Which makes it lovely for them money wise but not so great for the consumer.

Arctosa/lycosa (same keyboard lycosa is just backlit) - cheap keyboard that looks nice. A lot of Flex (Pretty Terrible to use in my experience)

Anansi - Cheap keyboard that looks nice, But has some MMO buttons. fairly solid but I wasn't game to put to much stress on it (Much nicer keys but still feels cheep and quite mushy)

Blackwidow - Mechanical Keyboard with Blue switches. (My favourite from the lineup) Actually feels very solid. Does very well in a "Linus flex test" Keys feel like they have quite a lot of travel for a mechanical keyboard. (There is a [stealth] brown switch variant of this that is available)

and Finally the Deathstalker/ultimate. - I personally can't stand this. I do not like flat scissor keys, the keyboard is very flimsy but looks very nice. The screen on the ultimate seems like a terrible Idea to me. Who in their right mind would use a touchpad when given the option of a mouse. 

I like the concept of Razer (for gamers by gamers) They just need to give a bit more attention to build quality and they'd rate much higher in my books.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

The mousepads they make are top notch, however the peripherals are downright poor in build quality in my opinion. In the span of a year i had two lycosas die, a nostromo pad and a naga. All of them bought that year as well, the lycosas a bunch of keys just stopped working, the naga half of the side buttons stoped working and the nostromo just kicked the bucket without warning.

I bought a bunch of logitech gamer series gear after that and have had no problems with any of them, I now use a G600, G13, G510 and they are holding up well, the G600 still looks like its brand new as well even though its now over a year old.

They don't make anything of great quality. I had a deathadder, didn't like it at all. Cheaply made.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

The mousepads they make are top notch, however the peripherals are downright poor in build quality in my opinion. In the span of a year i had two lycosas die, a nostromo pad and a naga. All of them bought that year as well, the lycosas a bunch of keys just stopped working, the naga half of the side buttons stoped working and the nostromo just kicked the bucket without warning.

I bought a bunch of logitech gamer series gear after that and have had no problems with any of them, I now use a G600, G13, G510 and they are holding up well, the G600 still looks like its brand new as well even though its now over a year old.

My brothers Naga Epic died after roughly 18months of usage, convinced him to buy a G600, and he loves it ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I love Razer, my Naga Kraken and Sphex are all working perfectly and love the looks and performance, I think there priced perfectly.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I think Razer makes alright products, but not good products. There are better mice, there are better keyboards, there are better headphones; pretty much every price point of every product they have has a better option than what they are selling. There are some of their products that actually are good for the price, but majority of them are not (in my opinion). As someone said earlier in this thread, it is similar to Beats by Dre headphones in the sense that people will buy it because of the name, and not necessarily the quality of the product.

I haven't been impressed with anything Razer besides I do like the look (bright green headphones ftw) I picked up a Kraken Pro a couple weeks ago and it was just insanely uncomfortable. It was tight, felt like plungers/suction on my ears and it became hot way to fast. I have used the Deathadder here and there and it's alright, nothing special.. But when it comes to mice I had my trusty MX518 for years so anything other than the 518/G400S feels like poop.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I've had bad and good. Blackwidow sucks in my opinion, but the Naga is amazing. Overall, I think there pretty awesome.

Razer is mostly rubbish. 

The Quality is worse than similar priced peripherals and what i hear from friends razer stuff has a life cycle from ~1 1/2 to 2 Years. 

Thats imho not accaptable for high end gear, i mean, i bought my original MX518 (not the remake, the remake is worse) for like 30 bucks and i used it for gaming almost 5 years. 

Even their Mouspads are low quality (i dont know how this is possible), my Goliathus starts falling apart after 1 year usage...

I think they are overpriced for what they have to offer and feel the premiumness around not only Razer but all mechanical keyboards is pure gimmick [25$ for one down here]. I am also skeptical on ever recommending one given the double click error surrounding a few of their mice.

PC in Profile

They make good stuff. They sell alot too so that's why their are so many people with broken stuff. The blade is awesome.

Can't handle their mice,  they have a weird grip for me.

Their keyboards are ok though.

my opinion  right  know is  im using my g400s wich is faboulouse since its optical but if i ever need a laser one i would probably get it from razer