Why so much HATE on Razer Products

They are like so into their logo and color scheme they are just making products to counter the other gaming brands on the market. While doing this the products aren't really the best but somehow their marketing is bring customers in. 

Popular products sell more and the rate of failure will appear higher because usually when something breaks people complaining tend to be a more vocal community. (OCZ SSD's used to suffer for this as well)

Many people are happy with Razer products, The deathadder is still the most comfortable mouse I've ever used let my friend borrow it for awhile when I was trying to break in a new mouse but I want it back :P

Razer do tend to make badly designed products at the same time. I don't know any Onza owners who's stick's/triggers still work or have the rubber still intact.

I'll buy any product doesn't matter who its from as long as it does what I need/has the features I want.

The only exception to this is Samsung and the only thing from Dell I will buy is a monitor. Both treated me like crap before but that has nothing to do with the products they make.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I don't hate it. I just find it annoying that "gamers (you know, THOSE type of gamers)" link Razer to high end peripherals.

This one time my friend and I ended up talking about PCs, and when I said "what about peripherals?", he immediately said "Oh, Razer". You can say it cringed me a little bit, I was not happy.

I feel like a lot of Razer's products just aren't very good quality and are too expensive. For example, a Nostromo, a rubber dome keypad retails for $69.99 USD, you could get a full mechanical keyboard for that, or maybe just a little more. Razer recently updated this with a mechanical version featuring MX Blues, and it retails for $129.99. It's just a keypad, and you're still going to need a full keyboard. I've also owned a Razer Blackwidow 2013, and bought it for about $170 IIRC. I have to say it was the worst mechanical keyboard I've owned, and the most expensive. Synapse is buggy as hell, the build quality is crap, and it just feels very cheap. I've owned quite a few Razer products, and the only one I thought was decent was the Deathadder. I have a Carcharias, Blackwidow, Nostromo, and a Deathadder (I was a Razer fanboy at one point). I've also owned products from Cooler Master and Logitech. All my products from either manufacturer are cheaper than their Razer counterparts, and were much cheaper. I've had no problems with either manufacturer. My conclusion is that Razer products just aren't very good except for a select few, and they're too expensive for what you get.

Spoiler

I have a deathadder and I love it, but i've hated razer keyboards. Because they didn't had cherry mx switches and they were still pretty expensive for membranes, like linus mentioned in the last week Wan Show that with Blackwidow with razer switches they had the chance to make mec's more affordable as razer switches cost a lot less than cherry mx's but they didn't. So, I would say they are pretty heavy on the money side.

Fx-8320 Clocked@ 4.5Ghz, 2 * 4GB Corsair Vengeance Blue, 2 * Gigabyte rev1.0 R9 280x's, 2TB Seagate Drive, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev4.0 mobo, Fractal design Define R4 with SP120 High Performance Edition In the Side Panel, Corsair AX 860i, Corsair K60 Reds, Razor DeathAdder.

It's not that I hate Razer peripherals. Based on my experience, they perform really well but they break easily. All my Razer Peripherals, including Mouse, Mouse pad, Headset and Keyboard, are broken and are already replaced by Corsair products (Except the headset because I don't know what to get yet) just after 2 years of normal use.

P.S.: I take really good care of my stuffs so it's not my fault that it breaks easily.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Razer makes good mice... thats about it.

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

Meh, they're viewed as over-priced for the quality. IMO they're becoming more like Alienware all the time, all about the over-priced looks.

I personally have a Blackwidow that I'm not very happy with and will be replacing later this year, but I love my Razer Deathadder mouse...

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

They have a lot of quality issues with their products and that is what drives much of the concern around the company. Some products are fine but many of them have severe flaws and razor does not fix the problems and it leaves customers with bad products. Once you have been burnt with a bad razor product and bad support it becomes important to you that you make other people wary of this company.

It seems like some of their products just aren't the best, and they catch a lot of crap over it. And it seems like EVERTHING THEY MAKE IS GREEN. I don't want a green backlit keyboard with a red rig. Ew.

My deathadder is blue.

I like their mice. Never tried a keyboard and probably won't.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

i don't agree

for some reason i haven't recieved a notification about your reply, there is alot to disagree with within that small comment though, some clarification as to what you disagree on would be appreciated, beyond simply saying you don't agree :P, perhaps you disagree with everything, i wouldn't know.

They have a lot of quality issues with their products and that is what drives much of the concern around the company. Some products are fine but many of them have severe flaws and razor does not fix the problems so IIT leaves customers with bad products. Once you have been burnt with a bad razor product and bad support it becomes important to you that you make other people wary of this company.

wellll..... you will probably disagree and not like this logic, but razer are fairly big so the flaw that might affect 1-3% of products will be alot more obvious, not only that but they will recieve alot more attention for it, it isn't like razer is the only company that has some near gamebreaking flaws to certain products that doesn't always get fixed, i must admit probably the only razer product i have had is the razer naga, but i have used it for many years and it has served me well.

Razer make terrible products, i've broken 3 Naga's in about 2 years.

Also green....

I wondered too....at first. But after some time of ownign their products(DA 2013, BWT) I dont think Ill buy from them again.

Their mousepad(Goliathus) is good but then again you cant mess up a mousepad...right? But the mouse has now almost stopped working for me I have to unplug and plug it back in like 20 times to get it to turn on. The Blackwidow Tournament is kind of a dissapointment. Build quality is meh and feels cheap,sometimes when I press a key its as if its stuck and it keeps typing the key for example i press a and it goes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa untill I stop it by unpluggin and replugging it back. The white color of the S and W keys has faded out a bit in like the 1st 2 weeks of owning it(dafuq).

Maybe its just my bad luck I dunno

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Check the price over at NCIX, a BWU 2013 with Cherry switch cost 140USD, but the new BWU 2014 with Kailh switch is priced at 150USD. Kailh is a cheaper switch, inferior quality compared to Cherry (though thru Razer's marketing BS, they'd have you believe otherwise). The BWU 2014 should be a fair bit cheaper than the BWU 2013, yet Razer is pricing it the same or higher.....they're NOT passing any savings (by using Kailh) to its customers, instead they're prolly pocketing 'savings' themselve and making more money. Seriously, between a Cherry MX switch and a Kailh switch, I'd always, ALWAYS go with the former.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

My blackwidow got a stuck key after one day of owning and babeing it. My k70 is so much better

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Razer headsets horrible experience with 2 of them but i have a black widow 2013 and mamba and love them had over a year LED's still perfect and not a single problem

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

Check the price over at NCIX, a BWU 2013 with Cherry switch cost 140USD, but the new BWU 2014 with Kailh switch is priced at 150USD. Kailh is a cheaper switch, inferior quality compared to Cherry (though thru Razer's marketing BS, they'd have you believe otherwise). The BWU 2014 should be a fair bit cheaper than the BWU 2013, yet Razer is pricing it the same or higher.....they're NOT passing any savings (by using Kailh) to its customers, instead they're prolly pocketing 'savings' themselve and making more money. Seriously, between a Cherry MX switch and a Kailh switch, I'd always, ALWAYS go with the former.

wow

Seriously razer wow..

Well I

for some reason i haven't recieved a notofication about your reply, there is alot to disagree with within that small comment though, some clarification as to what you disagree on would be appreciated, beyond simply saying you don't agree :P, perhaps you disagree with everything, i wouldn't know.

wellll..... you will probably disagree and not like this logic, but razer are fairly big so the flaw that might affect 1-3% of products will be alot more obvious, not only that but they will recieve alot more attention for it, it isn't like razer is the only company that has some near gamebreaking flaws to certain products that doesn't always get fixed, i must admit probably the only razer product i have had is the razer naga, but i have used it for many years and it has served me well.

Looks like I will be moving away from razer

Man what keyboards out there that have both excellent build quality and awesome leds that wont die out..cough..cough corsair cough

So far ppl r not happy with razer products

Man I was so close to getting a bw2014 keyboard

Thank god I posted this thread

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

The Deathadder and the new Blade 14 is nice

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

As they care more about making money than providing top quality products. First mouse I bought was a Razer Imperator. After a year, it had started double clicking, the right click was loose as hell and the braid of the cable had sprung up many places. After another month, it actually died. So I bought a Deathadder. Guess what? Double clicking again, AND the right click was loose. 

What I don't get is that they design their new "Razer 1337 hax0r g4m1ng switches" which are made in CHINA. Production costs are automatically lowered dramatically. The Cherry MX switches in the 2013 ed. are made in Germany. Both keyboards are externally 100% the same, but they cost the same too? Logic: none. They cut production costs, and keep the price as high as it was. That's what's wrong with Razer.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Razer make terrible products, i've broken 3 Naga's in about 2 years.

Also green....

i went through about 3 steelseries 7h headsets because of the infamous badly connected cord, i don't say that steelseries sucks and makes bad product for that reason, that would make no sense, however that particular product had a very apparent flaw that i think they might have fixed in some later revision, i have had my razer naga for .. not sure, 4 years? and theres still absolutely nothing wrong with it, perhaps the problem doesn't lie with the mice, 3 mice particular mice of one product, how is that sufficient to judge an entire company? they have so many different products and some are bound to be faulty, it's like playing the lottery, someone will get the short straw no matter what, it's fine as long as that percentage is small enough, but you can't judge a company based on a couple faulty products.

LOGITECH MASTER RACE BRAH!!!!

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I like Razer products because:-

• They serves what I need
    • I need a wireless headphone with mic that takes 3.5mm jack, not USB... with charger/receiver acting as the holster so I dont have to buy another holder for it... and the only thing that's available in the market near me? Razer Chimaera.
    • A wireless mouse with lots of button either for MMO or fitting other macros that enables me to use my PC for content consumption only on my mouse, well... Naga Epic does the job well (though, I might want to try Logitech's solution now since they have that too)
    • A mousepad with wrist rest, thanks Vespula
    • A mechanical keyboard, at the point of my purchase only BlackWidows are in the market near me.

I hate Razer because:-

• Their software department is very bad, especially on the Synapse 2.0. While the idea is good, the implementation is.... nothing worse can compare... Their Surround somehow managed to make my sound cards stops working... I even have firmware issues with my BlackWidow, luckily the customer service is willing to listen to my rant...
  • Build quality, not that it is not solid but as soon as the warranty period is over things starts to break; and to make things worse, there's no replacement parts even if I'm willing to pay. My Naga Epic docking suffer this effectively taking out my wireless options as recharging will become a hassle.
  • Expensive, though I saw Corsair's and Logitech's pricing in store near me is not any better...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

I do love my Deathadder 2013, so comfyyy... I also have a Razer Anansi, but unfortunately it consumes "all" the USB ports, so I'm not gonna use it until I get a USB Hub.

I'm still waiting for a bad experience with them...

Razer gets too much credit for what they make. 

Their mice are pretty good to say the least... nothing else though. Their headsets are for people who don't feel like doing any research to find an actually good one, and their keyboards are... well... I'll just say I don't get why the Blackwidow is so much more popular than any other mechnical keyboard. It's green backlit, comes with a few macro keys, and is built decently well. Where'd all the recognition come from? I don't know.

I don't appreciate how they think they're so cool by inventing their own key switches and overpricing all of their laptops. 

Someone sparked a trend with Razer, and for whatever reason, despite there's basically nothing special about them, they get all this recognition. 

I don't like them honestly. 

-snip-

I hate Razer, but i still buy their shit even tho it only last for like 1 year