LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

7 minutes ago, SuperCooling87 said:

Anybody else's GPU's not doing anything? I have 3 computers and it seems like the GPU's stopped sometime last night...

Im getting work for my R9 Fury X and work for my FX-8350 but no work for my Ryzen 2700X or my RX590.

25 minutes ago, Ayren said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.ac8ba7368031b76a198453af72610961.png

checks out with what ive been noticing in HWInfo (note memory controller load)

On my 390, the controller % doesn't go over 20/30%

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

13 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

On my 390, the controller % doesn't go over 20/30%

I mean AMD is traditionally better in GPGPU workloads... might that be a part of why?

Folding from LTT server once again! ^^

Let's hope there will be a correct CS connection this time!

Hello everyone, long time folder (on and off) that switch to the LTT team after March 20th WAN Show.

Took the time to create an account today because I have just noticed a weird bug, after restarting my computer (Radeon Adrenalin hiccup after update this morning, was just checking if it helped).

OnFAH advanced Control panel, I was back at getting only base credits. That's when I  saw I was back to an anonymous profile, on team 0,  and passkey was not there in the settings.

So just in case I was not alone with this weird behavior, thought about coming here and at least tell about it, just in case I was not a single case.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:41 PM, LordKitsune said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How do you get your viewer to actually view the project? Mine's broken (not that it's needed, I just want to pop it open every once in a while to see differences and it's always just "demo")

Edit: Found the fix :D

What was it?

On 3/25/2020 at 10:41 PM, LordKitsune said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How do you get your viewer to actually view the project? Mine's broken (not that it's needed, I just want to pop it open every once in a while to see differences and it's always just "demo")

Edit: Found the fix :D

What was it?

3 minutes ago, Cabanaj said:

Hello everyone, long time folder (on and off) that switch to the LTT team after March 20th WAN Show.

Took the time to create an account today because I have just noticed a weird bug, after restarting my computer (Radeon Adrenalin hiccup after update this morning, was just checking if it helped).

OnFAH advanced Control panel, I was back at getting only base credits. That's when I  saw I was back to an anonymous profile, on team 0,  and passkey was not there in the settings.

So just in case I was not alone with this weird behavior, thought about coming here and at least tell about it, just in case I was not a single case.

Intersting... did you try to reset itto your user?

Or maybe a full uninstall (including the data option) and then reinstall will help.

Also its best practice to strop folding before fiddling with the drivers.

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Uhhh my rank is sub 250... still waiting to get my 5700XT back... BUT THHHHEN ILL CATCH UP!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

1 hour ago, Ayren said:

Isnt that way too low of a score tho? I guess it could also be underreporting

I think that unlike people here who are babysitting their rigs, pausing/restarting or rebooting when they don't get WUs for a while they just built the server, started it and left it alone so often ends up with no WUs for many hours...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Now if only someone could explain to me what I'm in fact looking at in that viewer, freetype6 or not... big fan of wobbly balls in a general sense of course, but in the context, what, why, how, where, ...

14 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

I think that unlike people here who are babisitting their rigs, pausing/restarting or rebooting when they don't get WUs for a while they just built the server, started it and left it alone so often ends up with no WUs for many hours...

W...what do you mean. 
>.>
<.<
I.. I totally didnt babysit my setup for 10 hours straight now '  ^ ';;

6 minutes ago, walderston said:

Thanks man! That worked. :D

1 minute ago, Ayren said:

W...what do you mean. 
>.>
<.<
I.. I totally didnt babysit my setup for 10 hours straight now '  ^ ';;

I've not been babysitting mine for the past 20 hours or so...

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Go. to. bed. NOW! Seesh xD

No wonder this thread is so active overnight.

Just now, SpiritWrath said:

Go. to. bed. NOW! Seesh xD

Bu..But mum... the update is in less than 6 hours!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Id imagine your pc and you are probably mostly busy with crunching the stats, organizing and providing tech support whenever the other 2 matters are dealt with for half an hour or so 

Guys, has anyone got any idea why my little Razer Blade 13 is getting back to back assignments while the main PC which cracks 150-200k tasks a go can't get a thing for hours on end? Luck of the draw? 

7 minutes ago, Yujah said:

Now if only someone could explain to me what I'm in fact looking at in that viewer, freetype6 or not... big fan of wobbly balls in a general sense of course, but in the context, what, why, how, where, ...

Basically, you're looking at atoms that are parts of some proteins, interacting with a forcefield.

Mostly, they are the proteins at the surface of the human malware, which are responsible for all the things it does (interacting with human cells, antibody recognition, etc.). Or, some drug targets, i.e. proteins or molecules that are supposed to interact with the virus surface proteins.

Bu..But mum... the update is in less than 6 hours!

I will tell all your friends to boycott timely updates if you don't go to bed right now, you hear me?!

1 minute ago, Ayren said:

Id imagine your pc and you are probably mostly busy with crunching the stats, organizing and providing tech support whenever the other 2 matters are dealt with for half an hour or so 

It's not been too bad actually...

Spoiler

Has flashbacks to the five hour shitstorm of the last update

Everything is fine, going well... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

just completed a GPU WU adn got this in the Log:

18:25:08:WARNING:WU01:FS01:WorkServer connection failed on port 8080 trying 80
18:25:08:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 128.252.203.10:80
18:25:29:WARNING:WU01:FS01:Exception: Failed to send results to work server: Failed to connect to 128.252.203.10:80: Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat.
18:25:29:WU01:FS01:Trying to send results to collection server
18:25:29:WU01:FS01:Uploading 8.00KiB to 155.247.166.219
18:25:29:WU01:FS01:Connecting to 155.247.166.219:8080
18:25:30:WU01:FS01:Upload complete
18:25:30:WU01:FS01:Server responded WORK_QUIT (404)
18:25:30:WARNING:WU01:FS01:Server did not like results, dumping
18:25:30:WU01:FS01:Cleaning up

Am I correct assuming Iwon't get any points for that WU?

Is there anything I can do to avoid this happenig again?