Difference buy PC in different countries

Ukyo82

I always wanted to comment some like this, many people don't realize how easier is USA.

I am from Bulgaria here first thing every technics is 20% more expensive then USA(for example video card who is 400 usd there here is 500 usd) and our minimal salary is like 350 usd, in USA is 1200 usd counting minimal because is good point see standard. For example my PC cost like 1000 usd, that not easy to achieve on minimal salary is like 3 month not spending any money to buy it.In USA 3 month no spending nothing(here 9 months) on minimal buy RTX 2080TI with 9900k.

If I was have standard like there never go anything less then top tier gaming PC, when see people complain how expensive is in youtube and something like that poke me up, they not realize how privilege they are

That's how markets work. No there's no equilibrium and there probably never will be.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Ukyo82 said:

I always wanted to comment some like this, many people don't realize how easier is USA.

I am from Bulgaria here first thing every technics is 20% more expensive then USA(for example video card who is 400 usd there here is 500 usd) and our minimal salary is like 350 usd, in USA is 1200 usd counting minimal because is good point see standard. For example my PC cost like 1000 usd, that not easy to achieve on minimal salary is like 3 month not spending any money to buy it.In USA 3 month no spending nothing(here 9 months) on minimal buy RTX 2080TI with 9900k.

If I was have standard like there never go anything less then top tier gaming PC, when see people complain how expensive is in youtube and something like that poke me up, they not realize how privilege they are

Places like the EU pay higher taxes. But higher taxes means universal healthcare, free college, and just generally better services from the government. Here in the US we pay minimal taxes and it shows. Our roads and other infustructor is falling apart, our healhcare system is shit and we have so much student loan debt its coming out of our eyeballs. Yeah we get cheap goods, but thats because the US has no manufacutring any longer and we basically sold our soul to China. I wouldnt call us privleged over here. Our priorities are not straight and many people in the US are suffering due to that. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Living in Southeast Asia, we tend to get parts that is either too expensive due to exchange rates. For example. An average middle-class income will range from $800-$1200 a month. So a gaming pc will literally cost a month of salary here. Though used parts tend to go lower due to our proximity to china. For example, a used rx580 can go as low as $40

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Here in the US we pay minimal taxes and it shows. Our roads and other infustructor is falling apart, our healhcare system is shit and we have so much student loan debt its coming out of our eyeballs.

Blame the paid off politicians!

1 minute ago, greenmax said:

Well its the peoples fault as well. Because no one wants to pay taxes. The even mention of tax increases enrage the people. Hell our governor wanted to raise the gas tax to help pay for the road work that needed to be done. Nope, every one told her to fuck off. Now she's taking out bonds and we are going to pay twice the price of what it would cost to fix the roads due to the interest on the bonds. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Bulgaria doesn’t make any  computer hardware.  Everything is imported.  Cars are probably more expensive too for the same reasons.  Bulgaria does make things.  Those things are probably cheaper in Bulgaria than they are elsewhere.  Used to live in Hawaii in the 80’s. It was America but everything is shipped in except seafood.  Seafood was cheap.  Everything else including gasoline was about 20% more expensive.  I did eat a lot of really good seafood though.  Container shipping has made stuff cheaper, and I understand some prices have gone down in Hawaii, but Bulgaria is landlocked so everything is train or truck.  20% sounds about right for overland imported goods.  It’s not even taxation.  It’s literally just transportation cost.  If it was taxation it would probably be higher.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Bulgaria doesn’t make any  computer hardware.  Everything is imported.  Cars are probably more expensive too for the same reasons.  Bulgaria does make things.  Those things are probably cheaper in Bulgaria than they are elsewhere.  Used to live in Hawaii in the 80’s. It was America but everything is shipped in except seafood.  Seafood was cheap.  Everything else including gasoline was about 20% more expensive.  I did eat a lot of really good seafood though.  Container shipping has made stuff cheaper, and I understand some prices have gone down in Hawaii, but Bulgaria is landlocked so everything is train or truck.  20% sounds about right for overland imported goods.  It’s not even taxation.  It’s literally just transportation cost.  If it was taxation it would probably be higher.  

Cars are not expensive in general what I know(for us is expensive specially if buy new... but almost nobody do that we drive 10-20 years old cars but not overpriced is cost like else) only electronics like computers, TV, phones, air-conditioners and etc every electronics, just got big VAT 20% and when shops put their surplus charge become even more if not buy from some site directly, delivery is not hard we are in middle of the world :D also in europe union but this VAT make it even harder to buy electronics because like I mention salary much lower and buy such products is not easy like in other europe union countries, Germany etc got pretty good salary even is little bit more expensive electronics there compare USA but is not problem because just little difference and salary same, here is 3 time lower salary and 20% more expensive those stuff.

Quality of life not bad that otherwise we dont have such big taxes and restrictions like in USA, prices compare our standard(even food stuff almost same as there what is not good), but to buy any electronics for house is expensive, I dont know anyone who have 9900k and RTX 2080TI in person, not like they not exist but is rare.Games by itself also expensive forgot mention because we are in EU(so cool right :D), 60 eu not 60 usd, this is equal to 65 usd.

In Russia for example those games cost like 30 usd because is compared to their standard and this is to many countries not just Russia, Brazil, Argentina, many countries from east and many more I dont know but here we are rich why not pay 60 eu?

But enough complain I start sound like grumble

3 hours ago, greenmax said:

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Well its the peoples fault as well. Because no one wants to pay taxes. The even mention of tax increases enrage the people. Hell our governor wanted to raise the gas tax to help pay for the road work that needed to be done. Nope, every one told her to fuck off. Now she's taking out bonds and we are going to pay twice the price of what it would cost to fix the roads due to the interest on the bonds. 

It's a race to the bottom in the US. There's ways of clawing back the horded wealth, but you have to close the loopholes, and as long as you have companies able to operate shell companies anywhere in the world to hide their true source of revenue, it's not happening.

Like, here, point blank is how you solve that problem, and nobody will like it:

Flip the "trickle-down" economics upside down.

Instead of incentivizing big businesses, who just pocket savings from tax cuts, you instead change how taxes are collected. The federal government goes "OK we need X trillion for Y service, we have Z many people, therefor everyone must pay Q for this service, no exceptions at all", that is then sent to the individual states, where the states then add their state taxes for their own population who owns property there and is pushed down to the cities who divided it by property value. So if you own property, that collective federal+state+city tax becomes your American property tax. Toss away all the other (sales, payroll, business, school, medical, gas, etc ) taxes, they're not needed. The people who own everything, should pay everything. If you don't own property, then you have no taxes to pay, because you're presumably renting from someone or property management company who is. If you own a car, then you're paying property tax in the form of vehicle registration. Own a plane, property taxes. Own a boat, property taxes.

The idea is make the collection easier and directly accountable by showing exactly how their taxes are calculated. Get rid of income taxes because nobody likes doing them, and the richest people and businesses aren't paying a fair share anyway, just make it all property tax. You know which company would be impacted the most by the above suggestion? Amazon.com, Time to make those warehouses vertical Bezos. No more inefficient spawling cul-de-sac gated communities.

Anyway, the above isn't perfect since it can't address how to get overseas income back, but it directly goes after the real assets that can't leave the country. A lot of small taxes just go up in smoke because their collection is inefficient and it ends up in general revenue instead of going towards the actual use case.

This has been discussed countless times. It may not feel/seem like it. But its even talked by Linus (just in latest WAN Show), when talking about Canadian markets vs US.

The thing that makes things look like US is way cheaper (they aren't that cheap in the end) is how VAT is paid. In Europe VAT is calculated into price you see in store. I have checked pricing every now and then to see how big the difference actually is if US would pay same VAT as we do. And its not massive. The thing in US is that they don't pay tax at the front. They pay it later. And they pay for things that are free here. Like higher education and healthcare. So playing less for consumer products isn't actually a win when you look at bigger picture.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, Ukyo82 said:

Cars are not expensive in general what I know(for us is expensive specially if buy new... but almost nobody do that we drive 10-20 years old cars but not overpriced is cost like else) only electronics like computers, TV, phones, air-conditioners and etc every electronics, just got big VAT 20% and when shops put their surplus charge become even more if not buy from some site directly, delivery is not hard we are in middle of the world :D also in europe union but this VAT make it even harder to buy electronics because like I mention salary much lower and buy such products is not easy like in other europe union countries, Germany etc got pretty good salary even is little bit more expensive electronics there compare USA but is not problem because just little difference and salary same, here is 3 time lower salary and 20% more expensive those stuff.

Quality of life not bad that otherwise we dont have such big taxes and restrictions like in USA, prices compare our standard(even food stuff almost same as there what is not good), but to buy any electronics for house is expensive, I dont know anyone who have 9900k and RTX 2080TI in person, not like they not exist but is rare.Games by itself also expensive forgot mention because we are in EU(so cool right :D), 60 eu not 60 usd, this is equal to 65 usd.

In Russia for example those games cost like 30 usd because is compared to their standard and this is to many countries not just Russia, Brazil, Argentina, many countries from east and many more I dont know but here we are rich why not pay 60 eu?

But enough complain I start sound like grumble

That sort of thing is rare in the US too.  I know only one person personally with a system like that.  He’s a gaming hobbyist.  The sort likely to show up in a place like this one.  My computer is a system from 2014.  My car is 2008. I used to volunteer at freegeek which was a place that took old donated computers, refurbed them, put Linux on them, and gave them away or sold them at high discount to people who couldn’t afford to own a computer at all.  Lots of people like that here.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

In the UK we would look at prices in US if we were going to visit. One of the big things was Jean's especially Levis. We would pay in pounds what it would cost in dollars. So the amount of money we would save would depend on the exchange rate. 

I've noticed that until more recently pc parts seemed to be the same. But if I look now this seems to have changed. 

I'll give 1 example. An msi 2060 ventus from micro centre is $340 after rebate. A website in the UK is selling them for £275. So not sure what's happening there. Maybe more people are self building in the uk so retailers can get better prices. 

This could be your problem in Bulgaria, demand is not high enough to bring down the prices. 

You could try looking at other eu countries retailers to see if prices are better + no import duty. 

I'm also from Bulgaria. @Ukyo82 I haven't looked at prices all that much, but is it really such a big difference? From what I've seen the price difference is compeletely normal for PC hardware prices. Also I think that if you get the minimum salary there are much more important things to spend your money on than PCs.

And me? Well I have a few PCs and even more laptops... just look at my signature, well not everything is listed there. Why I have so many? I bought them cheap. And they aren't the newest or fastes, but they do what I need them to do. It's the same with my car - daily driver is a VW Passat B5 from 1997. It works, I can get where I need to go with it, so I just drive it.

Also I'm really tired at the moment, so I can't think straigh, sorry, may have some mistakes.

Main PC: Acer IPISB-VR│Intel Xeon E3-1270 3.4GHz│AeroCool AirFrost 4 with Noctua NF-A9│16GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│nVidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB│Cricual MX500 250GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm + Seagate 1TB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows 11 Pro│CoolerMaster Silencio 352M│Seasonic M12II-520 EVO 520W│Acer SA220Q 22" 1920x1080

Secondary PC: MSI H81M-P33│Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz│DeepCool Ice Edge Mini FS V2│16GB DDR3 1866MHz (1600MHz) Dual-channel│AMD R9 270 2GB│WD Green 120GB SSD + Seagate 1TB│Windows 11 Pro│Acer Aspire M1930 case│CoolerMaster B500 v2 500W│Samsung S19B300 1366x768 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768

Test PC/Nice XP PC: ASUS M2N│AMD Athlon64 x2 6000+ 3.1GHz│CoolerMaster unkown model│4GB DDR2 800MHz│nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB│Hitachi Deskstar 80GB 7200rpm + WD Raptor 74GB 10000 rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64 + Windows XP Pro SP3│TurboX Case│Zalman 450W│LG Flatron L1718S 17" 1280x1024

Future workshop PC: ASUS M4N68T-M-V2│AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8GHz│Some 130W tower cooler│8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual-channel│AMD Radeon HD4670 512MB│Samsung Spinpoint 640GB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 + Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit│Medion MD8840 case│Antec VP350P 350W│Lenovo L220x. 22" 1920x1200

HTPC: HP Elite 8200 USDT│Intel Core i7-2600s 2.8GHz│6GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD Graphics 2000│WD Blue 1TB 5400rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64│JVC LT-32VF30K 32" 1920x1080

New Main laptop: HP ProBook 455 G9│AMD Ryzen 5 2625U 2.3GHz│16GB DDR4 3200MHz│AMD Radeon RX Vega 7│1TB NVMe SSD│Win 11 Pro│15.6" 1920x1080
Old Main laptop: HP EliteBook 8470p│Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz│16GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD4000 Graphics│Kingston 240GB SSD│Win 7 Pro x64│14.1" 1600x900

Secondary laptop: HP EliteBook 8470p│Intel Corei7-3520M 2.9GHz│8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD4000 Graphics│2 x Crucial BX500 500GB SSDs│Win 7 Pro x64│14.1" 1600x900

Main phone: Sony Xperia X CompactOther phones: Sony Xperia L3, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (x2){and both are dead now}, Sony Xperia E3, Sony Xperia Tipo + 12 more (not going not list everything)

Most other PCs and laptops I own:

Spoiler

Small laptop: Acer Aspire One D255│Intel Atom N550 1.5GHz│2GB DDR3 1333MHz│Intel GMA3150 256MB│Western Digital 500GB 5400rpm KingDian S100 32GB Apacer AS350X 120GB SSD│Win 7 Ultimate x64 & Win 10 Pro x64 Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit & Q4OS│10.1" 1024x600

Old secondary PC: ASUS A7V8X-X│AMD Sempron 3000+ 2.0GHz│Titan CPU Cooler│1.75GB DDR 400MHz│nVidia GeForce FX5700LE 256MB│2 x WesternDigital 40GB 7200rpm (sadly one seems to be dead)│Windows XP Pro SP3│Some case│Codegen 300XA 350W│Dell E173FP 17" 1280x1024 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768Philips 200P4 20" 1600x1200

"The Old" PC: eMachines eTower 466i│Intel Celeron 466MHz│512MB RAM PC133│nVidia GeForce FX5200 128MB PCI ATi 3D Rage Pro AGP 2x_ 4MB│Seagate Baracuda 40GB 7200rpm│Windows 98SE & Windows XP Pro SP3│IBM P50 14" 1024x768 CRT

"The Floppy" laptop: Clevo 2700C│Intel Pentium III 1.1GHz│512MB PC133 SDRAM│SiS 630 32MB shared│Samsung 40GB│Windows XP Pro SP3│15" 1024x768

"The P4" laptop: HP Pavillion ZD8000│Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz│2GB DDR2 666MHz Dual-channel│ATi Mobility Radeon X600 256MB│Seagate 100GB│Windows XP Pro SP3│17" 1440x900

Dell laptop: Dell Latitude D600│Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz│1.5GB DDR 333MHz│ATi Mobility Radeon 9000 64MB│40GB IDE│Windows XP Pro SP3│14.1"  1400x1050

Future workshop PC (dead): MSI MS-7302│Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz│Stock cooler│3GB DDR2 800MHz│AMD Radeon HD7470 2GB│Samsung Spinpoint 640GB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 + Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit│Medion MD8840│FSP Group 250W│Samsung SyncMaster 730bf 17" 1280x1024

Old Secondary PC: HP IPISB-CH│Intel Core i5-2320 3GHz│DeepCool Ice Edge Mini FS V2│8GB DDR3 1333MHz│AMD R9 270 2GB│WD Green 120GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB 2.5"│Windows 7 Ultimate x64│Acer Aspire M1930│CoolerMaster B500 v2 500W│Samsung S19B300 1366x768 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768