Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ccchans

EK making their own Prebuilt Desktop

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

spacer.png

 

EK is selling several prebuilt desktop configurations that range from $1,899 to $2,699. The kicker is they come with EK's hardline liquid cooling for both the CPU and GPU, as well as a distro plate with all the RGB goodness. 

 

Quote

EK Fluid Gaming, as the EK sub-brand is called, tells me it hopes to separate itself by focusing specifically on high-end water-cooled PCs with unique features.

 

They offer some customization, such as upgrading the Ryzen 3600X to a 3800X, the RX 5700 to a 5700 XT, 2070 Super, or 2080 Super, and doubling the memory and storage.

 

Source

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arika S said:

i know it's just a render....but where is the PSU?

Thinking it's tucked away in the back side of the case, it looks like a wide lad


𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Weird part choices for their "high end" system

Ryzen 5 & Ryzen 7 along with a 5700 XT or 2070S & 2080S... Those are probably the most popular options in the pre-built space which is why they're targeting them. There's no point them making a bunch of 3950X and SLI 2080Ti systems if very few people are going to buy them.

 

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

i know it's just a render....but where is the PSU?

The PSU mount is behind the motherboard tray.

 

Quote

Its prebuilt desktops are assembled inside Lian-Li's PC-011D, but with a twist.

http://www.lian-li.com/pc-o11-dynamic/


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spotty said:

Ryzen 5 & Ryzen 7 along with a 5700 XT or 2070 & 2080 Super... Those are probably the most popular options in the pre-built space which is why they're targeting them. There's no point them making a bunch of 3950X and SLI 2080Ti systems if very few people are going to buy them.

Oversaw the 2080 Super, thought they stopped at the 2070 Super- that makes more sense

 

3800x still seems off to me though


𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slottr said:

3800x still seems off to me though

- Everyone


It's a pretty pointless chip considering it's just a 3700X where someone has taken a permanent marker to convert the 7 in to an 8. Though I do believe AMD has since lowered the price on the 3800X to bring it closer to the 3700X.


CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

3800x still seems off to me though

What, were ya expecting the 3900X or 3950X?


Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

 

Be proud of who you are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nowak said:

What, were ya expecting the 3900X or 3950X?

Just a little bit lol


𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Slottr said:

Just a little bit lol

fair lol

 

I guess they're just targeting a more "mainstream" audience that doesn't need 12/16 cores, but will be fine with 8 cores


Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

 

Be proud of who you are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Arika S said:

 

damn, she's wide

Yeah but not as wide as you'd think. PSU is mounted on it's side with the fan facing the side panel. If you look at a picture of the front, the closed off metal area to the left of the tempered glass front is all the rear room it has. It's basically the standard depth of a full tower with just enough added to fit a sideways power supply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nowak said:

fair lol

 

I guess they're just targeting a more "mainstream" audience that doesn't need 12/16 cores, but will be fine with 8 cores

For sure, definitely seems so.

Guess I'm just more confused on why they halted the option at the 3800x specifically


𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂a

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slottr said:

For sure, definitely seems so.

Guess I'm just more confused on why they halted the option at the 3800x specifically

Maybe to ensure supply? The higher end chips are easier to find now days, but stock isn't always guaranteed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Slottr said:

For sure, definitely seems so.

Guess I'm just more confused on why they halted the option at the 3800x specifically

 

18 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Maybe to ensure supply? The higher end chips are easier to find now days, but stock isn't always guaranteed.

Yeah, it might be a supply thing too. 3900X and 3950X aren't exactly "easy" to find still.


Mechanical keyboard aficionado, professional fox

Mechanical Keyboard Club | Don't buy "gaming" keyboards, yo

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

 

Be proud of who you are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really expensive for a mid-range PC.

 

Though the overclocking potential will be pretty good.


Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

            CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2Ghz          Case: Antec P8     PSU: G.Storm GS850                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

            Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition @ 2Ghz

                                                                                                                             

Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks identical to Micro Center's PowerSpec X600 lineup except EK went with the 500L/H pump instead of the first gen 250L/H pump: https://www.microcenter.com/product/600165/powerspec-x603-fluid-gaming-desktop-pc?ob=1

 

Micro Center still sells the standalone kit too: https://www.microcenter.com/product/604134/powerspec-pc-o11-rgb-tempered-glass-eatx-mid-tower-computer-case-with-ek-fluid-gaming-cooling?ob=1

 

I am not really a fan of the long tube runs for the top rad. I would rather they use smaller bent tubes to go straight into the distro plate or some angled fittings, would make those fans easier to replace in the event that they fail.


My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Professional Panty Thief said:

The custom water cooling on prebuilt is a bad idea for me because you have maintain it weekly or biweekly or monthly like draining and refill? I don't even know how to do any of that. I think AIO or air cooler should be use on this prebuilt than custom water cooling.

That is unrealistically frequent. They use CryoFuel in these systems and you honestly don't need to replace the fluid all that often. Maybe once every year or two. My custom loop has had the same CryoFuel in it for 2 years now and still looks as clear as day 1 with nothing in the loop. Performance is identical  too, it all depends on how you designed it and how well you did when flushing the components out when you originally built it.


My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MageTank said:

That is unrealistically frequent. They use CryoFuel in these systems and you honestly don't need to replace the fluid all that often. Maybe once every year or two. My custom loop has had the same CryoFuel in it for 2 years now and still looks as clear as day 1 with nothing in the loop. Performance is identical  too, it all depends on how you designed it and how well you did when flushing the components out when you originally built it.

But you still need to replace the liquid, yes? Then that is going to be a huge problem for average joes and someone never done a custom water cooling at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Professional Panty Thief said:

But you still need to replace the liquid, yes? Then that is going to be a huge problem for average joes and someone never done a custom water cooling at all.

Yes, the liquid will eventually need to be replaced, just not as frequent as one might think. It can last a very long time before you ever need to service it. As for it being difficult to drain, it could be, it depends on if they included a drain valve or not for simplicity. Without a drain valve, you'll have to top it over on it's back, remove the plug for the fill port and attach a fitting + tube to the distro-plate and then rock the water out that way until you can open another fitting and let some air in. Definitely tedious to go that route.

 

 If simplicity and easier upgrades are what you are after, then I definitely do not recommend hard-line custom loops. They are strictly an aesthetic thing. Soft tubing with QDC's would easily offer the same performance and are much easier to work with. 


My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Professional Panty Thief said:

But you still need to replace the liquid, yes? Then that is going to be a huge problem for average joes and someone never done a custom water cooling at all.

if you're going to use the system long enough, yes, but it should have liquid drain/intake valves which are fairly easy to access and a manual about doing it. For the more advanced operations(cleaning, anything that includes something more than changing liquid) you might have to take it into service, but for average Joe it's the norm with anything that happens to the PC anyway. One of the hard parts of liquid cooling is planning the loop and fitting everything, if you have pre-made parts that work perfectly, taking them apart and putting back together would be easier, so for example you could buy such system, learn on it and go make your own loop as the next step(or decide that it's too hard).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Arika S said:

damn, she's wide

As a reference, that's the PC-O11D, so actually not super wide or big.

 

As @MageTank already pointed out, these are no different that what Microcenter and EK already put out, I guess just now a bit more global I guess...?

 

And that's assuming you're not referring to the generation before that in an In win (not sure which model but the logo is visible) with soft tubing:

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-is-releasing-pre-built-fully-liquid-cooled-gaming-pcs/


"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Yes, the liquid will eventually need to be replaced, just not as frequent as one might think. It can last a very long time before you ever need to service it. As for it being difficult to drain, it could be, it depends on if they included a drain valve or not for simplicity. Without a drain valve, you'll have to top it over on it's back, remove the plug for the fill port and attach a fitting + tube to the distro-plate and then rock the water out that way until you can open another fitting and let some air in. Definitely tedious to go that route.

 

 If simplicity and easier upgrades are what you are after, then I definitely do not recommend hard-line custom loops. They are strictly an aesthetic thing. Soft tubing with QDC's would easily offer the same performance and are much easier to work with. 

Do you think this EK prebuilts have those you mentioned?

 

15 minutes ago, Loote said:

if you're going to use the system long enough, yes, but it should have liquid drain/intake valves which are fairly easy to access and a manual about doing it. For the more advanced operations(cleaning, anything that includes something more than changing liquid) you might have to take it into service, but for average Joe it's the norm with anything that happens to the PC anyway. One of the hard parts of liquid cooling is planning the loop and fitting everything, if you have pre-made parts that work perfectly, taking them apart and putting back together would be easier, so for example you could buy such system, learn on it and go make your own loop as the next step(or decide that it's too hard).

I don't know how EK warranty works but if you take it to a local computer repair shop and have them thorough cleaning the system, wouldn't that void your warranty?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Professional Panty Thief said:

Do you think this EK prebuilts have those you mentioned?

 

I don't know how EK warranty works but if you take it to a local computer repair shop and have them thorough cleaning the system, wouldn't that void your warranty?

 

I don't see any pictures that suggest this has a drain valve. It would have to be connected to that front distro-plate, so it would be easily visible. The PowerSpec X600 series also does not have a drain valve in both the prebuilt systems or the kits.

 

As for local shops, I do know that EKWB processes warranties through my local Micro Center store, so I imagine they have partnered with some retail locations to help with servicing/repairing under warranty. I just can't find a list of who those retailers are at this time. 


My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×