Gamefreak lies about not reusing models in pokemon sword and shield (spoilers)

spartaman64
2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

You think theres a big global conspiracy of data miners from Reddit 4chan and other forums to make nintendo look bad for 2 days 

I believe people are butthurt about the entire roster of Pokemon not being available and are finding ways to make Game Freak look bad.

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

Im not worked up I've been calm this entire time and you guys seem more worked up than me. And yes we will see tomorrow

I think you've accounted for a majority of the posts here. I'd say you're pretty worked up.

I won't deny that I am either.

Just now, spartaman64 said:

Im not worked up I've been calm this entire time and you guys seem more worked up than me. And yes we will see tomorrow

I don't even care about Pokemon, so I couldn't care less about whether the next game looks good or not. I've never played any of them before, and won't be playing the next one.

I have no stake in the game.

You're worked up. Your responses might be "calm", but you're heavily emotionally invested in the possibility that assets might have been reused, and that "worries" you (your words, not mine).

Why are you even worried? Is the game good? Yes/no. Ultimately, that's all that matters. Do you have fun playing the game? Yes/no.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

12 hours ago, Tegos said:

It's not like the lack of Pokémon is the only issue. The game looks rushed to hell and back.

Agree. Eurogamer's review over the game sums up other issues well enough.

Personally, the cutting of Pokes didn't bother me, but what I seen so far, I'm not impressed.  The pokes still look bland in animation, the attacks hardly look any better from the 3DS games, and the overall shown areas look shallow.  From what I seen from reviews and videos shown so far, the games are not worth the asking 60 bucks in my opinion. 

At this point, I rather a studio like Genius Sonority take over the main line games.  Or, at least Nintendo or TPC let them do another side Pokemon game.  Than again, the big issue is the dead lines the main line series have to hit to stay on tract with merch and anime release.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

21 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

My anecdote shows that data miners can find information in game files and they are not just random guessers

One thing here is also that they have data mined. Unlike code which when data mined shows quite a lot about the process and what went into making that code, 3D assets usually are more like PDF-files, while you see the end result, you have no idea was that gained from Photoshop, Word, InDesign or "printing" out a website. Well mined code shows a lot especially if it has retained the dev comments ("When I was doing this, I knew how it works. Now only god knows") and most of the time you can see from the coding habits at which point coder has changed and a lot of things. With DAE-files you just get the end result that doesn't tell a lot, like one of the biggest things that might happen is that they have changed their 3D-modelling software and so created a need to port every asset from one proprietary fileformat to another creating a lot of work (my background is in 3Ds Max and god help if I ever need to start porting stuff again from Blender to 3Ds Max or vice versa (that 90-degree flip, every single fucking time, those who know, know), not to even mention to MODO or other more sophisticated and even odder fileformats using softwares) and knowing Japanese, they are not going to tell you they fucked up.

Also we still burn developers on stakes, it's our favorite past time activity. We just do it after their game has been published and it's utterly crap like NMS or when the dev has been Molyneux-like (probably doesn't need any explanations) or the game is just other way crap. I can probably say that if people were expecting some game like Gran Turismo to have 120 cars and when it was coming out and the devs said there will be only 60 cars because some half-witted reason, no one would bat an eye except if those 60 cut cars would become as paid DLC in the future and they would be already in the game. But bashing developer for cutting content that they (at least I didn't hear) never promised in the first place for some half-witted reason, well you clearly have yourself to blame for jumping into the hypetrain. Things might change if GF brings the content after as DLC, but that remains to be seen.

so that's two half-attempted pokemon games in a row... starting to sound like other big name developers who lose their way. Pokemon used to be pretty reliable

I haven't played a new region since Black and White. Though I did revisit Hoenn for ORAS since Emerald was my first game. I would rather play fan-made games now.

16 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

No they promised something in return for cutting the national dex that they didnt deliver. Is there no concept of accountability any more and devs are expected to lie to their fan base and get away with it

LOL, no you're not upset about them cutting the Dex at all, no thats not why you are mad...

Of the hundreds of games that reuse assets (hell pokemon has done this in previous games, nothing new) why is it all of a sudden a problem? Because your'e mad the full Dex ain't there. Yes it's a little disappointing, but it's not everything. I mean there's still 400+ pokemon in there including all the new ones and new evolutions, that will take FOREVER to complete still

Personally, unless the game is broken garbage or the models looked straight out of N64 (spoiler, they don't) I'm going to pick up the game and enjoy the hell out of it!

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

1 minute ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

LOL, no you're not upset about them cutting the Dex at all, no thats not why you are mad...

Of the hundreds of games that reuse assets (hell pokemon has done this in previous games, nothing new) why is it all of a sudden a problem? Because your'e mad the full Dex ain't there. Yes it's a little disappointing, but it's not everything. I mean there's still 400+ pokemon in there including all the new ones and new evolutions, that will take FOREVER to complete still

Personally, unless the game is broken garbage or the models looked straight out of N64 (spoiler, they don't) I'm going to pick up the game and enjoy the hell out of it!

? ok mr psychic who knows me better than myself and ive never said im mad and want to smash up gamefreak HQ or something and i said i understand they have to cut pokemon eventually but i dont think they should have done this many this quickly

32 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

? ok mr psychic who knows me better than myself and ive never said im mad and want to smash up gamefreak HQ or something and i said i understand they have to cut pokemon eventually but i dont think they should have done this many this quickly

...you were replying to 2 comments talking about people being mad at Gamefreak about the rosters cuts, but finding any other reason to be mad because of that one reason. But I also never said you wanted to take any action again gamefreak like smashing them up... sooo fair enough I guess lol.

800 is a lot to get into an open world game like this especially with them out in freeroam now and everything. So I understand them slimming it down for technical reasons alone, but they should have started slimming it down a few generations ago so it wasn't AS big of an impact. Or no one would be upset because it would have been the norm. I plan on picking it up after work and forming my own conclusions lol

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x