Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_d0nut

Ryzen 3000 release date leak

Posted · Original PosterOP

Now I don’t know if this is considered actual news, but about the new Ryzen 3000 leak from a Singaporean retailer, I realised I had contacted the retailer in question(Bizgram) before via WhatsApp to check prices of products and availability so as to buy them.

So, I decided to ask them whether the prices were legitimate or not, and they replied with ‘coming 4-5 weeks’, which would place the release of Ryzen 3000 in late March - early April.

As you can see from the linked photos, the phone number I whatsapped is the same as the phone number they specified on their website. So far I’m waiting to see if the prices are going to stay the same.

I don’t think this is very unusual for a Singaporean reseller, as I remember 9th gen Intel CPUs and Z390 boards selling there around 1-2 weeks before the actual announcement.

03177182-5EA8-41E6-9218-2FAE5089478C.png

51185B3D-A87B-4D58-A6D0-6C9705218DBB.png

1251E497-4D1B-4555-B11C-128D31CC1ADE.png

i like water.

GPU Cooling Tier List | CPU Cooling Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | PSU Tier List       <<<<<<PLEASE CHECK THESE BEFORE BUYING

SYSTEM SPECS

CPU: i5-8400

Motherboard: MSI B360 GAMING ARCTIC

GPU: OEM Dell GTX 1070, Cooler Master Vertical GPU Mount

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White

Case Fans: 9x Corsair LL120 RGB + Commander Pro(I know, overkill for my specs but I'm upgrading soon)

Thermal Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

RAM: 2 X 8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 

PSU: Corsair RM650x

Cables: Cablemod C-Series ModFlex White for RMi and RMx

Can't wait for the release!

Noctua NF or Corsair ML? ‖ PSU Tier List

NOTE TO NEWCOMERS Remember to 'Reply' to comments in order for people to see them, this can be done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds

Blueberry Pi : R7 1700 OC@3.9GHz ‖ Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX ‖ Corsair Vengeance LED (Blue) 2x16GB 3000MHz ‖ EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB ‖ EVGA 850W P2 ‖ Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue) ‖ Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower

Server + Streaming PC : i7-8700k OC@5.0GHz (Delid) ‖ Asus Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX ‖ Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB (Black) ‖ EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX 8GB ‖ EVGA 750W P2 ‖ Corsair H100i Pro ‖ 4x IronWolf 8TB 7200RPM (Raid 10) ‖ Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG ATX Mid Tower

New Build In Progress: R7 1700 ‖ Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Gaming ITX ‖ G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz (Grey) ‖ Asus RX 580 Dual Series 8GB ‖ Corsair SF 450W ‖ Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB ‖ Silverstone Sugo SG13WB Mini ITX Case

Big White : i7-6700k OC@4.8GHz ‖ Asus Z270I ROG Gaming Wi-Fi AC ITX  ‖ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz (White) ‖ Asus GTX 1060 Dual Series OC 6GB ‖ Corsair RM650i ‖ Thermaltake Frio Silent 12 (White) ‖ Thermaltake Core V1 Snow Edition Mini ITX Cube

Mini IPC : Pentium G4600T ‖ MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX ‖ Corsair Vengeance 1x8GB 2400MHz (Black) ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ Built-In 150W Inwin PSU ‖ Cryorig C7 ‖ Inwin BQ696 Mini ITX Case W/ PSU Black

Laptop: Dell XPS13 (2017) ‖ i7-7550U ‖ 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz RAM ‖ Intel Integrated Graphics ‖ 512GB m.2 SSD ‖ QHD+ (4K) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

NDA? 可以吃的吗?

(i realise some of their staff aren't ethnic chinese, but bear with the joke for the moment ,_,)

They shouldn’t really be affected if AMD doesn’t like them since they get their AMD products from a seperate distributor anyway

i like water.

GPU Cooling Tier List | CPU Cooling Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | PSU Tier List       <<<<<<PLEASE CHECK THESE BEFORE BUYING

SYSTEM SPECS

Case Fans: 9x Corsair LL120 RGB + Commander Pro(I know, overkill for my specs but I'm upgrading soon)

Just now, _d0nut said:

They shouldn’t really be affected if AMD doesn’t like them since they get their AMD products from a seperate distributor anyway

they did it with 9th gen intel previously ._.

also that implies that the distro isn't doing their job of upholding NDA too ._. we don't have many distros here so it isn't hard to guess

21 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

also that implies that the distro isn't doing their job of upholding NDA too ._. we don't have many distros here so it isn't hard to guess

Only 1 or 2 bring in AMD i think. I remember 9th gen and z390 boards being sold like 2 weeks before the actual release date

i like water.

SYSTEM SPECS

34 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

11 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Only 1 or 2 bring in AMD i think. I remember 9th gen and z390 boards being sold like 2 weeks before the actual release date

only convergent brings in AMD stuff.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

10 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

only convergent brings in AMD stuff.

If 4-5weeks is correct do you think AMD would announce during GTC 2019 since that's the only major event between now and early April?

i like water.

SYSTEM SPECS

April would be perfect. I might be near a Microcenter towards the end of May so there should be more reliable stock of these by then so I'd be really tempted to grab one of the higher-end models.

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

oh .....4-5 weeks from now is the April's fool.......

These shops usually don't have the balls to lie to customers, they want as many sales as possible so as to get profit. They usually violate NDAs to release products sooner than the competition to make money too. Sounds really fishy but that's how it is here. I've seen people get 'scammed' often at these shops, one guy walked in asking for a motherboard replacement for his i5-8400(he was mostly clueless and asked for the cheapest motherboard) and walked away with an ROG STRIX Z370, thinking it was a regular low end board. He was slightly overcharged for it too.

i like water.

SYSTEM SPECS

3 minutes ago, Derangel said:

April would be perfect. I might be near a Microcenter towards the end of May so there should be more reliable stock of these by then so I'd be really tempted to grab one of the higher-end models.

Some new products are sold here earlier than their actual release date so you may be looking at 5-7 weeks from actual release, then maybe another week for 3rd party reviews to come out.

i like water.

SYSTEM SPECS

Probably just a white lie from the customer service people. while i would love for it to be released in April, the fact AMD is considering or has delayed Navi due to 7nm avavibility, i dont think they will be able to build up stock in such a short ammount of time. and if they have, i fear it will be a paper launch. 

17 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

(he was mostly clueless and asked for the cheapest motherboard) and walked away with an ROG STRIX Z370, thinking it was a regular low end board. He was slightly overcharged for it too.

I guess that is the nature of Asian culture, research before you buy, otherwise you'll get scammed, or in this case pay too much for something. And that is where the culture of haggling comes from as well. See Collin Abroadcast's channel

15 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Some new products are sold here earlier than their actual release date so you may be looking at 5-7 weeks from actual release, then maybe another week for 3rd party reviews to come out.

If it does come out early for you, I guess its too much of a hassle to benchmark it for us? :)

Western Sydney University - 2nd year BCompSc student

Just now, kiska3 said:

I guess that is the nature of Asian culture, research before you buy, otherwise you'll get scammed, or in this case pay too much for something.

that is honestly the case in a lot of places. it is mostly down to the clerk who is working there, but most will upsell you a little bit by siting "well known brand" as a reason. 

a little bit of upselling it good, considering the ammount of shite parts out there

1 minute ago, kiska3 said:

I guess that is the nature of Asian culture, research before you buy, otherwise you'll get scammed, or in this case pay too much for something.

If it does come out early for you, I guess its too much of a hassle to benchmark it for us? :)

I'm a broke student so I probably can't.(Maybe for the Ryzen 3 3300 but probably nothing else) I'm sure someone else would benchmark it anyway.

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Probably just a white lie from the customer service people. while i would love for it to be released in April, the fact AMD is considering or has delayed Navi due to 7nm avavibility, i dont think they will be able to build up stock in such a short ammount of time. and if they have, i fear it will be a paper launch. 

Wasn't it an architecture issue they were trying to fix?

i like water.

SYSTEM SPECS

19 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

one guy walked in asking for a motherboard replacement for his i5-8400(he was mostly clueless and asked for the cheapest motherboard) and walked away with an ROG STRIX Z370, thinking it was a regular low end board. He was slightly overcharged for it too.

it wasnt terrible scam actually. remember the b360 was NOT released when the 8000 chips came out, people didnt have a choice to get the z370s . and some how the cheap one just got sold out. solved?

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

that is honestly the case in a lot of places. it is mostly down to the clerk who is working there, but most will upsell you a little bit by siting "well known brand" as a reason. 

a little bit of upselling it good, considering the ammount of shite parts out there

There are a few places that sell strictly based on their fixed prices, those have huge markups and usually don't take any bargains whatsoever. I think someone went to the shop I frequent asking for a low-end computer to browse the internet, and the shop owner managed to get mostly low end parts for him(3rd gen i3, p67 motherboard, 2gb ram etc) and a S$600 Cooler Master case(Cosmos C700M if I'm not wrong) and a 2TB 860 Evo. He even said that it was very low end, so if he felt it was too slow he should go back to the shop to buy more RAM at a discount

i like water.

SYSTEM SPECS

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

Wasn't it an architecture issue they were trying to fix?

there was apperantly a "taping" issue with the cards that showed up late in testing. which caused delays of about 1-2 months if people`s estimates are correct. 

later for the october Navi launch rumours it was sited for 7nm avavibility. AMD is pushing TSMC for the 7nm goodness, but there is only so many wafers avavible. 

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

it wasnt terrible scam actually. remember the b360 was NOT released when the 8000 chips came out, people didnt have a choice to get the z370s . and some how the cheap one just got sold out. solved?

The incident happened in December 2018 so B360s were already out at that time. 

i like water.

SYSTEM SPECS

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

there was apperantly a "taping" issue with the cards that showed up late in testing. which caused delays of about 1-2 months if people`s estimates are correct. 

later for the october Navi launch rumours it was sited for 7nm avavibility. AMD is pushing TSMC for the 7nm goodness, but there is only so many wafers avavible. 

Honestly I'm not too hopeful for Navi, I have a feeling it's gonna be another Vega but I could be wrong. Zen 2 seems promising though

i like water.

SYSTEM SPECS

Honestly I'm not too hopeful for Navi, I have a feeling it's gonna be another Vega but I could be wrong.

its GCN. so yes its another GCN. 

its a polaris replacement. current rumours point to changes in the CU/stream processor including the back end. 

its mostly an interesting part for APUs, mobile parts and mid-range graphics. but mostly APUs and mobile parts. 

38 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

If 4-5weeks is correct do you think AMD would announce during GTC 2019 since that's the only major event between now and early April?

its both a major release and amd's 50th aniversary so there is a good chance they will want to do their own thing

Honestly I'm not too hopeful for Navi, I have a feeling it's gonna be another Vega but I could be wrong. Zen 2 seems promising though

navi has a better chance just by being a smaller gpu (not hitting the 64 cu count limit) even vega would have faired quite a bit better if they had released a smaller gpu, gcn is most efficient at 11 cus per shader engine, navi should be close to that (44cus), for higher than that they really need more shader engines