Microsoft Banning Consoles That Are Running Leaked GTA V Copies

EChondo

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-bans-consoles-running-leaked-grand-theft-auto-v

"Grand Theft Auto V" has made its way to the internet before its official release, and Microsoft has begun banning users who have posted in-game images and footage using the leaked copies.

The Rockstar-developed game is one of the most anticipated of the year and is just a few days away from going on sale. Despite Rockstar's precautions to prevent the game from shipping early to customers or retailers, a few people have gained access to the leaked copy of the game and have posted various images and videos of the game to Instagram and Vine.

Rockstar has requested takedowns of content related to the game posted by users of the illegitimate version.

"No pre-release leaked footage of any kind: Any posting of in-game footage from leaked copies of the game prior to its official release date will be taken down, regardless of how the game was obtained," a Rockstar policy on media posted to its website states. "This includes 'early unboxing' videos."

Microsoft has obtained the gamertag of at least one user from his screenshots and has banned the console from Xbox Live permanently, as it did previously with "Halo 4" pirates. The pirate would now need to purchase a new console in order to access Xbox Live.

"Grand Theft Auto V" officially launches for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Sept. 17.

Well, it has happened before, hopefully your firmware is up to date and you're not posting any pictures with your GT in it!

Of course it's their system and Microsoft can do whatever they want, but how do they know if the game is illegal or not?

YAY I don't care I want GTA V on PC, DAmn you Rockstar

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Rockstar annoys the hell out of me i'm still waiting for red dead redemption on PC

Intel 4790k • Asus Z97-A • Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce • G.Skill 1866 4GBx2 • Corsair HX850W PSU • Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler • Intel 530 120GB SSD(OS) • 1TB HDD(Games) • Cooler Master HAF 912 • Logitech G15 Key • Razer Abyssus Mouse • Asus 24in 144hz VG248QE

Try banning my pc

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I watched a livestream yesterday. Looks fun but graphics really disappointed me, It didn't look like a 200 million dollar game. Let's hope it's because of current console limitations and that it will look a lot better on the PC.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

I watched a livestream yesterday. Looks fun but graphics really disappointed me, It didn't look like a 200 million dollar game. Let's hope it's because of current console limitations and that it will look a lot better on the PC.

260million $ to be exact.Estimated earning will be about 1.5 billion $. Would be crazy to have that kind of budget and not port it on PC.With Steam nowadays they can easily sell 4-5million.

I'm disappointed there's no car damage as it was in gta4(at least by footage that i saw).

Rockstar annoys the hell out of me i'm still waiting for red dead redemption on PC

It wasn't that good, you'll be fine ;)

260million $ to be exact.Estimated earning will be about 1.5 billion $. Would be crazy to have that kind of budget and not port it on PC.With Steam nowadays they can easily sell 4-5million.

I'm disappointed there's no car damage as it was in gta4(at least by footage that i saw).

I know they will port it to PC. What I said is that I hope that the PC port has better graphics because the graphics on the console version looked really disappointing (low res textures, ugly people, etc.).

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

It wasn't that good, you'll be fine ;)

I'm sorry but Red Deam Redemption is one of the best games that I've ever played (if not the best). I almost cried at the end.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

I think GTA V looks like complete ASS honestly - I just do not understand the hype AT ALL

It just looks like a game that's been stuck in development too long - and after we found out about the cost of the game, I just feel like Rockstar didn't push the development nearly hard enough and most of the cost was just from dragging out the development

I know they will port it to PC. What I said is that I hope that the PC port has better graphics because the graphics on the console version looked really disappointing (low res textures, ugly people, etc.).

I hope it's gonna be decent port(i'm looking at you gta4).Graphics,car density etc. should be much better on pc(if one has decent hardware). Consoles have 8 year old hardware,it's a miracle that gta 5 is even running on console with less than 512mb ram. They have obviously had to compromise much

I think GTA V looks like complete ASS honestly - I just do not understand the hype AT ALL

It just looks like a game that's been stuck in development too long - and after we found out about the cost of the game, I just feel like Rockstar didn't push the development nearly hard enough and most of the cost was just from dragging out the development

Is it bad that I'd rather have a legit HD remake of Max Payne instead?

ehh this is stupid

EVERYONE who hacked their xbox/ps never go online

if u jtaged ur console etc

going online gets u banned sooner or later

this is just stupid

everyone knows this

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

at the time of official release i might get main story complete  B) if i play straight 30 hours main story seems be longer than gta4

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

haha no matter how much money you spend you cant increase the graphics on a console without modifying it so they did the best they could IMO

YAY I don't care I want GTA V on PC, DAmn you Rockstar

well u will be happy to know that people have found pc and ps4 code in gta V

Yeh don't expect it anytime soon... I would be surprised if it takes more than year to happen.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Yeh don't expect it anytime soon... I would be surprised if it takes more than year to happen.

Maybe in a month/6months or year. Don't know how long will it take to come but when it come i hope that they're gonna do better job porting it(I'm looking at you,gta4)

pretty sure that game is so old if they did make a pc game they would just make a sequal to it and release it on next gen too also im pretty sure most of that game was made by rockstar south or something which unlike rockstar north havnt released every game they make on pc so yea.

are they banning people that have the game legit like bought from the store but the guy just gave it earlier? i understand if its a flashed console or jtag/rgh but if u actually bought the game and someone gives it to u early thats messed up.