ASUS's GX700 Laptop: Watercooled with 4K Display

HKZeroFive

I am somehow looking forward to see how would this product perform lel.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

maybe it will have the rumored gtx 990m gpu? or a full 980/970? No matter what this thing has, it's still really fucking stupid.

Bahaha is it april fools already?! Seriously this thing looks like a fucking metal placenta! why Asus?! why?! 

Looking at it, I really do like the concept. Think of the potential of this product much like you would an ultrabook with a GPU dock.

Equip the machine with dual GTX 980Ms and a quad core i7, except keep the i7 air cooled and the 980Ms watercooled, getting the form factor as slim and portable as possible. Now use the water cooler strictly as a dock. The GTX 980Ms disable when removed from the dock so when moving, only the i7 and integrated graphics are active, improving battery life and controlling thermals. When ready to game, you get the dock and you've got a capable gaming laptop. The concept might not be as great as an actual GPU dock but I think there are some applications for this.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

That dock probably cost more than the laptop itself.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

this is really cool. though a bit needlessly bulky... i once converted an old laptop into a liquid cooled one wiht mineral oil and a small metal res with copper fins on it to act as the radiator and a small fan and it worked great.though it was all hand made metal work i did and at the time i wasnt very good at it so it eventualy leaked... but thats why i used mineral oil just in case... i wish i had some pictures of the laptop befor i trashed it... v.v

A penis extension isnt enough anymore! Lets give it a sac too!

Def not what i was expecting when i read the title.

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR????

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

WHAT the actual fuck

burn it

and I LOVE gaming laptops

but this one should burn

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Might be better to just jam a normal water loop into a small case, mod a VESA mount onto the side panel, attach a screen, and call it portable (although you'll need a mains socket). Would probably fit in a handcarry-size suitcase.

With the 4 prongs sticking out from the base of the dock, I doubt you can just slide that thing in and going in at a angle wouldn't make any sense. From the pics of the dock connector, they look too far in to even make contact with the back of the laptop. I'm guessing, you mount the laptop to the dock first and then connector from the dock slides out.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just thinking about this thing makes my brain turn off.  It's that bad.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

Oh. The design of the laptop itself is pretty nice.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

"because we can"

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Oh dayum that brushed aluminum finish is amazing

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Everybodies missing the most important part. THATS A 4K 17" screen. Can't wait for it to start popping up in dual-gpu laptops.

Yea. but it means that the laptop would probably run on Intel graphics and the CPU will throttle when off the dock, due to the thinnest of the system and lack of proper cooling. (looks like it only have 1 fan)

Yea. but it means that the laptop would probably run on Intel graphics and the CPU will throttle when off the dock, due to the thinnest of the system and lack of proper cooling. (looks like it only have 1 fan)

I don't think it will throttle, maybe not even get ultra hot w/o the dock considering it also has a dual fan (got me fooled for a sec on some pictures, but you can see them on 2nd page, I posted few), and we know how good G7XX series are good with cooling. Don't think they are making a single fan G7XX. This is just a flagship ROG laptop that has water cooling.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

under a good OC it will throttle for sure yeah when it is off the dock.

Not sure how it might before TBH, since when it is off the dock there is still liquid inside yeah, but it will be air cooled, so the cooling system needs to be somekind of hybrid solution like on the poseidon cards, which are pretty balanced, but most other hybrid solutions  always benefited better from air or water, depending on how thick the metal was or how close the water could get to the GPU.

and like @Bouzoo said, the G7xx series has quite a good name when it comes to cooling.

So only the release will learn us how will it has been designed.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.