AMD's R9 Nano Confirmed To Feature 4096 Stream Cores [w/ Full Specs]

HKZeroFive

The R9 Nano, the miniature version of the Fury X, which does not ship with external water cooling, will be released in two days. It was believed that R9 Nano could actually feature the very same GPU as Fury X, Fiji with 4096 Stream Cores. The leaked datasheet confirms this information. What’s surprising is that the engine clock is reported as ‘up to 1000 MHz’. That’s much more than we expected, however that’s definitely not the base clock, but theoretical maximum boost speed this card could achieve under very strict power requirements.

And when I say strict I mean really impressive power reduction. Let me remind that Fury X has TDP of 275W (which of course does not necessarily translate into power consumption). The R9 Nano has TDP 100W lower than Fury X (175W to be exact) but we knew this already.

What is spectacular is that Nano has 175W WITH 4096 CORES. Never before has such a small graphics card had so many cores. Mini-ITX builders are probably already rubbing their hands, because now they have the chance to make something not only small, but also powerful.

Other confirmed specs include 4GB HBM memory across 4096-bit interface clocked at 500 MHz (thus 512 GB/s bandwidth). Fiji with 256 TMUs and 64 ROPs (so just like Fury X) and impressive maximum single-precision computing performance of 8.2 TFLOPs.

post-237505-0-00802500-1440557549.jpg

Woah, that's pretty impressive, Mini-ATX builders are going to love this. If this manages to compete/beat the 980 in DX11, imagine how well it'll do in DX12 (although, it's still too early to say). Now, if the price is right...

Sauce

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I really doubt it's going to have the full fledged core.. Especially with that tiny ass cooler..

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Interesting. Makes me wonder if AMD cherry picked good cores so that they can keep voltage down, thus temperatures down.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I really doubt it's going to have the full fledged core.. Especially with that tiny ass cooler..

It has a full core but saves power and reduces heat by cutting the clock rate

Look mommy!Another Fury X Re-brand!

Except that's the point?

What AMD is trying to do here is create a conventionally cooled Fury X.

Man, this thing will kick ass in OpenCL things.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Heh? Is this even the same architecture?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

It has a full core but saves power and reduces heat by cutting the clock rate by around 500MHz

The article is saying it's only 50 mhz slower than the Fury X.

jOLWh.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Well, not gonna say it looks nice, but beats a 980 with that form factor? I can live with that. Wondering about those temps though.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

and how many cores did the the fury x have?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Even if it is a bit hyped, this card is interesting for being an AMD design that's both powerful for its size and power efficient. Far more exciting than the R9 390 and other cards needing tripple fans to not melt.

Well, not gonna say it looks nice, but beats a 980 with that form factor? I can live with that. Wondering about those temps though.

It can't be any worse than the 290X reference and Titan X reference cards.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It can't be any worse than the 290X reference and Titan X reference cards.

I suppose you're right, I'm guessing in the 80's

EDIT- 800 posts, whoo!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

and how many cores did the the fury x have?

It has 4096 Stream Processors.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I suppose you're right, I'm guessing in the 80's

EDIT- 800 posts, whoo!

Which is fine-but only if its not loud as well.

PMSL

Which is fine-but only if its not loud as well.

Exactly. although my 290 was pretty dang quiet, then I watercooled it and it became even quieter :P

All in all though, I think itt'l be a good card, especially for the matx people out there. Depending on it's price of course.

Is that a 7990 fan on that tiny cooler..? Oh god that poor card is going to melt.

Been waiting to see this card. Only 2 days to go . In the meantime bring out the NVIDIA fanboys... :rolleyes:

Been waiting to see this card. Only 2 days to go . In the meantime bring out the NVIDIA fanboys... :rolleyes:

This inadvertently classifies you as an AMD fanboy?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

No it doesn't.I buy the best card I can afford at the time. My last gpu was nvidia. It's just funny every time amd comes out with something people bash it without even knowing anything yet.They just assume.

No it doesn't.I buy the best card I can afford at the time. My last gpu was nvidia. It's just funny every time amd comes out with something people bash it without even knowing anything yet.They just assume.

And the same happens when Nvidia releases a card, nothing changes.

It has 4096 Stream Processors.

so it will perform about the same(or worse) as the fury x but in what an itx form

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

People never seem to realise that calling people a fanboy makes them one.

PMSL

so it will perform about the same(or worse) as the fury x but in what an itx form

Presuming all else is equal, yes.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch