Adding to the AMD fury hype (warning Wcctech) Not as fast as 980ti

Badger906

just posted on their website 

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-fury-fiji-xt-gpu-slower-gtx-980-ti/ 

**edit** 

"Computex 2015 is in full swing over at Taipei and we have received multiple reports that AMD has demonstrated the Fiji XT flagship, rumored to be called the Fury X GPU, to its partners. The interesting news is however that in its current state – the Radeon R9 Fury X GPU does not beat the GTX 980 Ti in terms of gaming performanceDo note however, that this is a prototype product and AMD is still working on improving the card.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-fury-fiji-xt-gpu-slower-gtx-980-ti/#ixzz3bvBSfOMb "

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

If the rumors are right, AMD really shot itself with that high end GPU, it would be fine if they wouldn't be teasing it for months now

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

If the rumors are right, AMD really shot itself with that high end GPU, it would be fine if they wouldn't be teasing it for months now

well it does mention about driver optimisation and still altering clock speeds etc, but i can't imagine AMD are that far behind perfection if the launch is as close as we think it is.. it expect spit and polish now, not still under the hood work!!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

well it does mention about driver optimisation and still altering clock speeds etc, but i can't imagine AMD are that far behind perfection if the launch is as close as we think it is.. it expect spit and polish now, not still under the hood work!!

Exactly, specially with the pressure they got from the 980ti, they should not release a card that is maybe faster with perfect drivers ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I'd take that with a grain of salt. Remember how wrong Wccftech was with the 980Ti? 

I don't do signatures.

Has it gone down? I can't seem to go on their website. Finally got on it, you fucking what m8 wccftech:

641ad34ef2.jpg

Is that not the tweet from johan anderson?

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Has it gone down? I can't seem to go on their website.

its not loading fully for me now either, maybe we (the linus community) have broken it!

Could you at least quote the important parts, instead of making an irrelevant click bait post? I don't want to click that link, as wccftech has infested every google result page on anything technology lately.

81e0af215ea87afb53613a295d79329f.png

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Could you at least quote the important parts, instead of making an irrelevant click bait post? I don't want to click that link, as wccftech has infested every google result page on anything technology lately.

http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.php/news/hardware/vgacards/35572-computex-amd-fiji-aka-fury-x-slower-than-geforce-gtx-980-ti.html

Hardwareluxx was able to have a look at the first "Fiji" graphics card from AMD. A partner of AMD allowed us to take a look at the graphics card, including the cooler, which we were able to take off. As if that wasn't enough, some technical specifications were leaked to use. AMD internally calls the card Fury X, yet it remains to be seen if it will hit the market under the name, too.

The partner did hint at the performance. Apparently the Radeon Fury X ought to be slower than the GeForce GTX 980 Ti. Currently, AMD is still trying to optimize higher clock rates and is making adjustments to the driver's performance. Performance related to power consumption is therefore likely to be a critical issue for "Fiji".

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ik this is a rumour, but AMD... don't drop the ball. You're going to look stupid.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

The actual base of this news is not WCCF, so don't doubt the reliability because of it. It's news that came from HardwareLuxx and Hardware.Info.

http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.php/news/hardware/vgacards/35572-computex-amd-fiji-aka-fury-x-slower-than-geforce-gtx-980-ti.html

http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/43996/computex-amd-toont-fiji-videokaart-achter-gesloten-deuren?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=hardwareinfo

If it's true, and I do trust the two sources, then they just need to tune it a bit. If that seemingly unrealistic $850 price tag is right though, they're going to have a hard time shifting sales from the GTX 980 Ti. I still don't understand where the Fury stands in the market, though I think it's supposed to be squared against the TITAN X?

Also, for people who like to think power consumption is moot, it would appear that Fiji XT's issues could stem from performance to power consumption (according to the HardwareLuxx article)

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Oh, I really hope this is not true... 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Nvidia may have known the ballpark figure AMD would need to sell it at to make a decent gain (new tech costs money they need to get back)

So if Nvidia undercut their flagship, while being faster..... its gunna be a sad day for AMD profit margins.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

how is it remotely click bate? i have no affiliation with wccftech, nor do i get paid for the number of views this post gets..

have the people of the world got so lazy they can't click an extra link and read things for themselves.... geez

how is it remotely click bate? i have no affiliation with wccftech, nor do i get paid for the number of views this post gets..

have the people of the world got so lazy they can't click an extra link and read things for themselves.... geez

GEEEEEEZ

A bit of effort goes a long way.. just seems like your a lazy post farmer...

Plus who doesn't like a well informed post... or a nice clean looking OP...

Laugh at Wcctech all you want, but recently they have been near enough spot on... 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Seen this all over the interwebz today. I can't see the HBM redeeming this card if it is indeed slower than a 980ti. This thing really needed to be a Titan X destroyer. Right now it's rumored to be slower than a 980ti but more expensive. That is not a good position, not for AMD.

Ugh. So much for my hope that we would actually see a return to form for ATI.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

GEEEEEEZ

A bit of effort goes a long way.. just seems like your a lazy post farmer...

Plus who doesn't like a well informed post... or a nice clean looking OP...

minimilist is clean! you add to much text and you get nothing but TLDR:

Minimalist IMO is lazy to a degree. But we all have diff opinions on everything.

TL:DR - Thats up to the people that follow...

I prefer details in the THREAD thats made, not the link thats provided.

But obviously I cant speak for you or anyone else.

Posting Guidelines:

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the   :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Turnip OC'd to 3Hz on air

Then use the original source instead of polluting more of wccftech.

Ok, let's just for one second make the most unscientific math equation ever:

290x = 2816 stream processors = 23,5 fps in Witcher 3, 4k.

Titan X = 34 fps.

Fury X = 4096 stream processors, which would give exactly 34 fps as well (if we calculate fps/stream processor @ about 1ghz). That is without factoring in any efficiency increase from GCN 1.1 to 1.3 (we know there is one in 1.1 -> 1.2), and without factoring in HBM what so ever.

This is #CEOmath, but the point still stands. No way the Fury is slower than a 980ti with 4096 stream processors, when the 980ti only has 2816. NVidia's architecture is not that much more efficient, when comparing same generations.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

No offense, but your post basically doesn't meet any of the Guidelines for News Posts. That's why people are tearing you a new one for it.

If he wanted to just see a link and click on it, he'd subscribe to a tech RSS feed.

Your Post and the title of this thread are meaningless. They don't tell us anything about what that link is about, what the content of the article is. I politely ask you to rename the Title to something descriptive of the article (Such as "Rumour: AMD Fury not as fast as 980 Ti"). I also please ask you to review the News Post guidelines (They are stickied at the top of the News subforum for all to see), and then edit your post to add the required details, such as quoting an excerpt of the article or otherwise summarizing it, and then include original content in the form of your own opinion or analysis of the news.

This makes the news forums a better place, and more enjoyable to read :)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)