ocaholic: Fiji (390x) will not launch at computex - sources suggest June 24th

Briggsy

This may not be breaking news to some, as there had been rumors circulating a few weeks ago that AMD would launch the 390x at E3 or elsewhere, and not at Computex. Apparently these weren't just rumors according to ocaholic. What is not known, is whether the unveiling will be at E3, or held at a separate private event in June.

http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/news/article.php?storyid=12414

AMD will not bring the Fiji-based R9 390X flagship graphics card to Computex, but leave the unveiling for a later date and event in June.

We are still not sure if AMD will unveil the new Fiji-based flagship graphics card during some major event in June, like the E3 2015 show, or make its own event, but we are now sure that it will not be present at Computex 2015 show. 

This news is somewhat confirmed by Computerbase.de in this article http://www.computerbase.de/2015-05/amd-fiji-gezeigt-zur-computex-vorgestellt-zur-e3/

In short, this article states that AMD have plans to unveil Fiji near the 16-18th of June, and have it available for purchase by the 24th of June. Apparently the 980Ti might be unveiled at computex, which could put pressure on AMD to do a paper launch at Computex before they are ready.

Using Google translate into english, the article reads in full:

After confirmation from AMD that Fiji will be unveiled during the quarter, a schedule manifested: To Computex 2015 in early June are shown the video card, but are actually introduced until two weeks later for E3 2015. Promptly to the maps then available commercially.

For E3, which will be held from 16 to 18 June is on the current state not only the Fiji Series are presented as Radeon R9 390 and R9 390X, but also the entire remaining product range, allegedly based on renamed predecessor chips, reported Bench Life . The Rebrand cards will also be available directly from 18 June, which would not be surprising that used for GPUs but are already being produced for months or even years. In the OEM business, Rebrand wave is through already, there has AMD last week introduced seven Radeon R300 . A week later, should then also the first card of the Radeon-R9-390 series with the Fiji-GPU reach the market. As current date June 24, 2015 traded.

Tensioned must be looked on Computex 2015. If the cards are there really shown not only AMD, but also on board partners, the seepage of further details is very likely.

The Computex 2015 is also in the spotlight when it comes to competition. Nvidia's GeForce GTX 980 Ti, even after recent rumors yet for this month set is likely to be seen there in all board partners. AMD could therefore be forced but to reveal something more to Fiji than they would like really before their scheduled appointment.

It would seem that the Fiji-based graphic cards will not be available for purchase until the 24th of June (if the above article is correct), which may be the reason AMD would want to hold off on the unveiling until E3. I believe that AMD don't want to risk an uproar by doing a paper launch.

amd-r9390xteaser-1_674_b7163.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

E3? 

No offence AMD, but no one gives a shit what you launch at E3. It could be Jesus holy taint, no one will care. People are too focused on the games and they are too focused on the big guns of the industry rolling out the next iterations. 

I know the typical circle jerk on this site is to hate popular games, but popular games keep the industry relevant and thriving. People care what the big boys trot out. 

When you have your Mass Effect trilogy, Fallout, Battlefront, KotOR (thats just an internal discussion at this point), COD, Battlefield 5 itself, not to mention the grandaddy money maker known as Halo. 

AMD, how about just launching your products? No? Can't just put them for sale without needing junior high levels of drama queen attention? Alrighty then. Keep the hype machine rolling while people keep buying everything else that actually exists on the market. 

E3? 

No offence AMD, but no one gives a shit what you launch at E3. It could be Jesus holy taint, no one will care. People are too focused on the games and they are too focused on the big guns of the industry rolling out the next iterations. 

I know the typical circle jerk on this site is to hate popular games, but popular games keep the industry relevant and thriving. People care what the big boys trot out. 

When you have your Mass Effect trilogy, Fallout, Battlefront, KotOR (thats just an internal discussion at this point), COD, Battlefield 5 itself, not to mention the grandaddy money maker known as Halo. 

AMD, how about just launching your products? No? Can't just put them for sale without needing junior high levels of drama queen attention? Alrighty then. Keep the hype machine rolling while people keep buying everything else that actually exists on the market. 

E3 is actually a solid foundation for launching a high end graphics card given AMD is presenting the PC Gaming Show at E3. With as many big name game developers that are going to be there all Lisa Su has to do is to step on stage at the beginning of the show and go "before we jump into the games, today we're officially launching our 300 series" and pull an "Nvidia" (as you could put it). With yanking the actual card out of a box to showcase on stage. From there all she has to do is throw out a few more words "every game demo you will see today will be running exclusively on the R9 390X" to seal the deal. With how many people that will be watching this event the publicity will be massive and oriented towards the people that you want to be selling these cards to. I don't think it would be a shit launch at all (albeit not as soon as most would hope) it would definitely bring more publicity than Nvidia got with the TITAN X at GDC. As GDC is for the developers meanwhile E3 is for the gaming enthusiast consumer.

AMD stated they will launch them Q2 2015 so either Computex or E3.

From looking at Computex exhibitor list Sapphire has "High Resolution Graphic Card" listed in their product description.

0OUkCqg.png

Sapphire exclusively makes AMD based cards so my bet is they will come at Computex.

Makes Sense they will announce them before E3 then have them on hand for demos @ e3

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

If they don't release something soon the internet will forget who they are.   All these news articles about release dates, never before have we seen such hype over an unkown release date.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Launching a flagship line of gpus at E3 doesn't make sense. The audience will be glued to whatever Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo will show. At computex, however, they'd be the main attraction.

Normally I'd agree but AMD is sponsoring a PC gaming focused conference at this years E3.  It would be a very good time to announce it, I think.   

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Didn't nvidia release their 900 series in Game24? I feel that AMD is trying to do something similar  :P

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Normally I'd agree but AMD is sponsoring a PC gaming focused conference at this years E3.  It would be a very good time to announce it, I think.   

I think we will see paper launch at Computex with them on display. And then again at E3 powering whatever technology or game demo's all of the developers may have.

They really need to hurry up and launch these fucking cards, if they aren't out in June I'm just gonna get a GTX 970.

if the E3 game demos are running on 390x this could work

if the E3 game demos are running on 390x this could work

It's very likely the oculus demos will be running on the fiji VR cards. I would almost bet on it.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

E3? 

Random site with no source claims AMD will reveal game at E3. Blame AMD. Then complain about them hyping things when they've only told us one thing about their gpus, and that's that they'll announce them Q2 2015. Brilliant.

I do agree that launching them at E3 would be stupid, but I'm sure they know that as well.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

E3, Computex, a separate event, at this point I don't care where they launch it, so long as it is soon.  I am dying to see their offering, the performance, the price, and all of 'er.  

Random site with no source claims AMD will reveal game at E3. Blame AMD. Then complain about them hyping things when they've only told us one thing about their gpus, and that's that they'll announce them Q2 2015. Brilliant.

I do agree that launching them at E3 would be stupid, but I'm sure they know that as well.

at first I thought it was stupid but when I thought about it it would be brilliant if they have signs that says demo powered by 390x and have 4k screens. I think that would be a better way to launch it than a CEO waving the card around listing specs because it would be a real world demonstration of the power of the card

but I don't really care and want them to launch it at whatever event is closer

at first I thought it was stupid but when I thought about it it would be brilliant if they have signs that says demo powered by 390x and have 4k screens. I think that would be a better way to launch it than a CEO waving the card around listing specs because it would be a real world demonstration of the power of the card

but I don't really care and want them to launch it at whatever event is closer

Maybe, but it would be like announcing a video game at Computex. The people that actually care about the product that's being launched won't be there, even if it is a good demo of what to expect. It wouldnt get the coverage it would at the other event. And AMD really need as much good publicity as they can for their products, because they aren't exactly the best at marketing. *cough* apu *cough*

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

E3? 

Did someone forget 3-3-2015? http://www.nvidia.com/content/M2G/made-to-game-email-online.html

That was a thing that happend  :P

In all seriousness, every company ever loves to hype their products. No one company is innocent in that regard. It is no different then airing commercials, except they are announcing in advance that they have something to show off. Do i think the attending gamers will care? Not really. However, it is still very likely that hardware enthusiasts will be in attendance due to the fact that most of us PC builders also play video games too. That, and if they can find some of the bigger "e-celebs" to market their products to, or give them free stuff, they might get free advertising in return.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Wonder what game they go a showcase with 390x.

Maybe Watch_Dogs 2

/bazinga

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I can wait a little longer for them to launch the 390X. Need more time to save up the cash... :P

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Maybe, but it would be like announcing a video game at Computex. The people that actually care about the product that's being launched won't be there, even if it is a good demo of what to expect. It wouldnt get the coverage it would at the other event. And AMD really need as much good publicity as they can for their products, because they aren't exactly the best at marketing. *cough* apu *cough*

apus are their most profitable products and people who care will know the news anyways but people who just buy prebuilts and dont really understand will see that and buy a system with a 390x

If they don't release something soon the internet will forget who they are.   All these news articles about release dates, never before have we seen such hype over an unkown release date.

The Internet Wont Forget,Because If AMD Is Forgotten Then Nvidia Is A Monopoly,And We Know That Doesn't Go Well For Companies

The Internet Wont Forget,Because If AMD Is Forgotten Then Nvidia Is A Monopoly,And We Know That Doesn't Go Well For Companies

A lot of people are really scared of that concept, but the reality is if it ever does eventuate (I don't think it will) there is no evidence that it will get as bad as people make out. Sure the price will go up, but there are so many more factors that dictate/limit the shelf price than competition.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.