Latest Apple Watch estimates: 3M sales, $2B revenue, Apple’s most profitable product ever

*sigh*

This makes me a little bit sad, cmon guys, you're better than that. (to all the Apple watch buyers) :(

I might be a bit biased, have never really felt the appeal of smart watches, and I'm also aware of specs...

I'm just kinda sad that people are still falling for apples marketing instead of making decisions based on reviews, specs etc. Ah well not my problem

- snip-

*sigh*

This makes me a little bit sad, cmon guys, you're better than that. (to all the Apple watch buyers) :(

I might be a bit biased, have never really felt the appeal of smart watches.

Same here. Include all apple products for that matter.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

At this point, Apple could release a champagne or sate grey coloured turd, and the fanboys would still buy it in the millions.

At this point, Apple could release a champagne or sate grey coloured turd, and the fanboys would still buy it in the millions.

And if they did, no doubt people on the internet like you would waste your time to complain about it even though you're as far from the target audience as I am from Beijing.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

- -

I don't hate apple, I even have a macbook, but spending $900 on a first generation of a smartwatch that will be outdated in a year?

I'm sorry, call me immature, hater, fanboy or whatever you want but I think that that's quite stupid.

I don't hate apple, I even have a macbook, but spending $900 on a first generation of a smartwatch that will be outdated in a year?

I'm sorry, call me immature, hater, fanboy or whatever you want but I think that that's quite stupid.

The Watch starts at $349, so spending any more is entirely up to the end user to get the desired look. Whether it's stupid or not is up to us to judge I guess.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Why spend any amount of money on any tech that will get outdated in a year?

After going into the apple shop in the city centre to look at them, I can see why people are flocking to buy it, it looks like the usual well constructed apple hardware, but I'm still surprised at just how many they've sold. It looks like a really bad design, but the software used is really rather decent and pretty quick, something that I still see a slight issue with android wear over. Google seriously need to make some changes to android wear and start marketing it a lot harder, otherwise they're going to rapidly fall behind apple.

I actually did the same thing. Went to apple store in Westfield on the same day after my Microsoft Band arrived at my place, checked it out for a good half an hour in the Apple Store, left the store still feeling satisfied I bought the Band. Apple Watch is not that bad of a first gen smartwatch tbh. I really like the screen and the tactile touch screen and also the UI smoothness but I hate the non tactile almost too loose crown and the colours overload on the whole UI itself. Maybe I just like it to be simpler. And the navigation can be a bit confusing because you have so many ways to do it (swipe up,down,left,right + touch/press screen + scroll and click crown + side button). Maybe one will get used to it after a while.

I'm not that convinced with the fitness part of the watch as it feels too bulky (I have small hands maybe that's why) and prone to scratch/wear and tear when exercising. Also no GPS is a bit turn-offf for me. But the overall build and the choices of straps they offered have real quality feeling too it. The question is would I buy one IF I have the money? Yes if it has none of the issue described above. And it has to work with a WP above all. People are beginning to warm up with the smartwatch concept till now and I think Apple is doing a great thing to the tech industry with the sales and marketing of their first smartwatch. People will get more curious and start getting one,not just the Apple Watch btw.

Seriously, go to the Apple Store and check out how they display,promote and educate the masses on the smartwatch functionality, It is awesome. 

Good for Apple, but is this good for the industry ?

I'm not quiet sure.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Good for Apple, but is this good for the industry ?

I'm not quiet sure.

Seeing as how the rest of the industry sat on its ass for a year and didn't take smartwatches seriously, yes this is good. Why does Apple have to be the one who pushes these things? Google could have damn well pushed Wear stronger than they did. 

Apple touched everyones butt in sales in a few weeks. They'll likely end up selling more watches than their phones or tablets. If the rest of the industry elects to sit on their asses, so be it. 

Surprised ?? Not really.

Do I see the appeal ?? No I don't.

Would I buy it if I was into apple Eco system ?? Probably.

Do I like smart watches ?? Yes they're cool but I like my dummy phone more.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Genuinely surprised by the sales, I thought it would "flop". Tim Cook said in an interview a while back that they wouldn't release a watch, I tried to find it but I couldn't, don't quote me on that it could have been worded a little different like "we don't see a market at the moment" or something along those lines. If anyone can find it I would be grateful. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Moto 360 masterrace!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Stupid humans will be stupid humans. That is, until we get neural implants to enhance our thinking.

Every topic I post in dies.

Are there any other smartwatches made of 7000 grade aluminum? I'm surprised Apple has spent the money and research into developing such an aggressive alloy for this price point but then again they are freaks for lightness. 

Seeing as how the rest of the industry sat on its ass for a year and didn't take smartwatches seriously, yes this is good. Why does Apple have to be the one who pushes these things? Google could have damn well pushed Wear stronger than they did. 

Apple touched everyones butt in sales in a few weeks. They'll likely end up selling more watches than their phones or tablets. If the rest of the industry elects to sit on their asses, so be it. 

That's how I feel. I was all set on the Moto 360 until reviews came out, and since then nothing has peeked my interest. 

I hope this gives everyone a kick in the rear so I can get a nice Smartwatch for myself later.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The way I see it is that Apple is a culture and that's what people buy in to. There are people out there who will buy anything and everything Apple because of that.

The way I see it is that Apple is a culture and that's what people buy in to. There are people out there who will buy anything and everything Apple because of that.

The same applies to any brand and culture. It's not just down to Apple.

I easily switch between Apple sytems, devices and others.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

The same applies to any brand and culture. It's not just down to Apple.

I easily switch between Apple sytems, devices and others.

Yeah you might be able to switch between devices but there are many people who will go to Apple products simply because of that image and culture. Not everyone, but there are quite a few people who do. To most of these people it's less about the value that their devices provide and more about being a part of that Apple ecosystem.

"Who'd a thunk it." indeed

Although It interesting to see how it been taken up. I haven't heard much talk of it inside my circle of friends, but look forward t hearing how people like it. 

I think people were too fast to focus on the watch edition, and hate. Which in fairness is crazy, but it isn't what you and I, the normal customer would be interest in... 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

The same can be said for any brand. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

The same can be said for any brand. 

You can, but generally if you look around people won't buy every possible product from Samsung's catalogue because it's a Samsung product. There will be some who purchase it for the brand but nowhere near as much as Apple fans do. A lot of people who own iMacs or Macbooks will have iPhones as well. While there are people who will purchase Apple products because they make good products there are still a significant amount of people who will buy those products simply because Apple made it. Kind of similar to Beats where people who buy products with the Beats branding do so because of that branding. Granted Apple make good products while Beats aren't in the same league but it gets the point across. I'm just saying there's a good bet that quite a few people who would be buying these watches do so because they will buy anything Apple and that happens more so with Apple than most other brands.

I'm surprised we have this many dumb people on this planet.  :blink:

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I'm surprised we have this many dumb people on this planet.  :blink:

Or its actually a genius product that we just haven't gotten to try out yet. Gotta keep an open mind. I thought the iPad was a stupid idea until l actually used one.