HTC apologizes for teasing Half-Life 3

HTC has apologized after teasing a new Half-Life game for the company’s upcoming virtual reality headset, ‘The Vive’, which was developed in collaboration with Valve. The drama all kicked off yesterday when HTC Chairwoman, Cher Wang, suggested that a new Half-Life game was on the way in an interview with the BBC.

During the interview, the HTC Chairwoman said “I think Valve’s best game is Dota, right, and Portal and Team Fortress and I think they are very keen to have them on Vive”. She then went on to say “We are co-operating with Half-life, and I think… I hope, you know, it will be on it.”

81344115_1b2ee7be-d8d7-4932-9402-2b8bac0 _81344117_htcvive_white.jpg

As you can imagine, given the official announcements of the Source 2 engine and the constant Half-Life 3 rumors, this claim from HTC that it was actively helping with a new Half-Life game set the internet alight with speculation. Things got worse when it was discovered that a Valve employee had a talk on game physics scheduled at GDC for 3PM on the third of March (3/3 at 3), this turned out to be a coincidence and Valve did not mean to fuel any speculation.

Following the interview with HTC, the BBC received official comment from Valve explaining that no VR Half-Life game was in development and that the comments made by HTC were surprising.

After fueling the fire, HTC ended up apologizing for incorrectly teasing a new Half-Life game:

“I would like to apologize for any confusion caused when I referred to individual games titles”

Wang said.

“In response to a question on specific games, I misspoke when I referred to our working together with Valve on a particular game, when instead I meant our collaboration with Valve on developing next-generation virtual reality experiences for gaming. I am very excited about the work we are doing with Valve, and look forward to bringing our HTC Vive to market later this year.”

The Vive is Valve’s own virtual reality headset built in collaboration with HTC. This marks HTC’ first big venture in to the gaming market. The device will be commercially available later this year.

Source : http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31713715

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Fuck you.

dPzC1o6.gif

I forgive you this time but don't do it again.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Fuck you.

dPzC1o6.gif

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04

HL3 confirmed!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Fuck you.

DoD in Source 2

Because he had a hard drive.

post-21562-0-13619400-1422481580.jpg

post-21562-0-50618500-1420043080.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

"Wang said" lmao im sorry i just can't get over there names.

Bit of a dick move but i personally wasn't effected since i have never played a half life game, although If someone did this with something like a new socom coming to xbox id be pissed.

LOL.

I think everybody knows it's in development. At what stage God knows.

So I guess I'm the only one who doesn't even want another half life game and wouldn't even consider playing it unless I was given it by someone who'd get all pissy if I didn't.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

"Wang said" lmao im sorry i just can't get over there names.

Bit of a dick move 

Lol nice! 

Well that should be expected from a Wang.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

How is that headset pronounced?

Is it "vyv" or "viv"?

I can't even remember the last valve game I enjoyed (it might actually even be Half Life 2) (Yes I know many of you consider Portal the reincarnation of Christ, I don't). But at this point, so many games have come out that I haven't really cared about a third half life for years. Going back and replaying Half Life 2 is painful. The shooting mechanics feel so archaic and behind compared to games of today (granted the game is 10 years old at this point). 

Rambling aside, I stopped caring a long time ago. 

LOL.

and by "God" you mean Our Lord And Savior GabeN.  Blessed be his holy name!  May he smile upon your DOTA 2 matches, may your frame rates be high and your ping forever low!

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Is it "vyv" or "viv"?

vyv - has "e" at the end 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

and by "God" you mean Our Lord And Savior GabeN. Blessed be his holy name! May he smile upon your DOTA 2 matches, may your frame rates be high and your ping forever low!

I didn't realize this was Reddit.

I didn't realize this was Reddit.

I think he is lost.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Nothing was leaked. She's hoping that they will get the VR solution to work with Half-Life. 

Typically Reddit getting sweaty over anything related to Half-Life. Maybe it's time the fedora tippers tipped the other direction. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Is it "vyv" or "viv"?

I think its like "vibe" but with a V sound not a B. As in, Jony Ive's last name but with a V added to the start.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Nothing was leaked. She's hoping that they will get the VR solution to work with Half-Life. 

Typically Reddit getting sweaty over anything related to Half-Life. Maybe it's time the fedora tippers tipped the other direction. 

so half life one and two

so half life one and two

yep

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

LOL.

I heard they are finishing developing main menu.

and by "God" you mean Our Lord And Savior GabeN.  Blessed be his holy name!  May he smile upon your DOTA 2 matches, may your frame rates be high and your ping forever low!

LoL is better then DOTA

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Gaben Lord of the Moba Peasants <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Elon Musk Savior of Humanity

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW