Pebble teases new model, sources say thinner watch with color screen in the works incl more.

Pebble updated its website this morning to tease a new model of its popular smartwatch. The announcement is scheduled for 10 AM on Tuesday next week, but Pebble has not specified what exactly is launching. However, multiple sources tell us that a major update to both the Pebble’s hardware and software have been in the works and that these changes could be ready to debut next week. The new watch is said to (finally) gain a slightly wider, color, e-paper-like display that will be encased in an overall thinner design. The screen will still not be touch like the Apple Watch

While thinner and brighter, the new watch will still include battery life specifications in line with the current models. The new hardware in development also includes a microphone, which could bolster a new series of apps by third-party developers for the Pebble platform. Heart rate monitor features based on sensors are on the long-term Pebble roadmap, but Pebble’s limited resources will prevent those features from launching anytime soon. The new hardware will run a brand-new version of the Pebble watch operating system, which has been redesigned from the ground-up to be “dramatically different” by the team behind webOS.

Source:http://9to5mac.com/2015/02/19/pebble-teases-new-model-sources-say-thinner-watch-with-color-screen-in-the-works/

Note: This news isn't 100% confirmed. Keep this fact in mind.

I personally see this as good news. As an owner of the original pebble that received said watch merely 2 months ago, I don't think I'm quite ready to upgrade. While these changes are welcome, I worry about the potential increase in price. I guess I'll be keeping watch tell Tuesday.

Thinner would be nice, even more functionality would be even better. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I hope they remember that they are known for they battery life...

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I hope it's round instead of square.

Or a more stylish square.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Nice timing. I was going to buy a Pebble but with this news I am going to hold back and wait

Thinner would be nice, even more functionality would be even better. 

If it looked more like a watch, I would be interested. I don't want a square block on my wrist. Most don't even look good. 

If it looked more like a watch, I would be interested. I don't want a square block on my wrist. Most don't even look good. 

Eh, I could live with the design -- if it was like half as thin, and actually did something. I haven't actually seen it in person, but one thing that really bothers me is the screen to bezel ratio. If the screen was bigger and the bezel smaller I think it would look significantly better. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Eh, I could live with the design -- if it was like half as thin, and actually did something. I haven't actually seen it in person, but one thing that really bothers me is the screen to bezel ratio. If the screen was bigger and the bezel smaller I think it would look significantly better. 

Screen to bezel is a big issue, with Pebble being an small company theres only so much they can do. They don't have the kind of funds to just go and get circular OLED displays and slim bezels and efficient ARM processors. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I fucking just bought a Pebble Steel goddamit!

vader.jpg

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I'd be interested in the thinner variant, I don't know if I care for the colored display if it's true.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I fucking just bought a Pebble Steel goddamit!

vader.jpg

Same bruh, exactly what I was thinking T_T

Edit: lol the comments section on the news article makes me want to facepalm through my monitor

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Cool, I might look into it.

Oh wait, I don't have a phone that can support it. :(

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Love my Pebble Steel, can't wait to see what happens next

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Cool, I might look into it.

Oh wait, I don't have a phone that can support it. :(

Is your phone old or something?

Pebble supports iOS and android. I think you can even get it working on older android versions

I'm waiting for delivery of my third Pebble. Last two had to be RMA'd for static lines on the screen! Still love it though.

When I replace it I think I will go for something more like the LG G Watch R, but that won't be for some time, especially considering how much more expensive they are!

If it still has really great battery life then I might be sold. Pebble is the only smart watch I'm currently looking at because of the battery life.

I hope it's round instead of square.

Or a more stylish square.

A superelipse?

220px-Superellipse_generalization.png

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

"Same battery life, brighter screen, microphone"

If it that, sounds cool!

I love my Pebble still. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

A superelipse?

220px-Superellipse_generalization.png

I think that shape would go with the Pebble name perfectly.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Is your phone old or something?

Pebble supports iOS and android. I think you can even get it working on older android versions

Iphone 3gs...

Basically a brick than can make phone calls at this point. Even if the Pebble software does support ios 6, The battery life is bad already on the phone, and almost every app crashes.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Iphone 3gs...

Basically a brick than can make phone calls at this point. Even if the Pebble software does support ios 6, The battery life is bad already on the phone, and almost every app crashes.

ah I see. Hope u upgrade soon.

God damn, I hate when you're saving up for something else and shit like this comes up haha. Time to wait for a new smart watch. (-.-' )

- Fresher than a fruit salad.