Nintendo announces the end of Club Nintendo

XTankSlayerX

photos-with-mario.png

Nintendo of America have announced that they are preparing to discontinue their Club Nintendo reward service, which will be replaced by a new loyalty program that is to be revealed at a later date.The Flipnote Studio 3D software will be made available to download for free to Club Nintendo members in February, available to them until 30th June 2015. Whereas new Club Nintendo accounts can be created until 31st March 2015, with all those that have registered by then open to download the animation tool.

“We thank all Club Nintendo members for their dedication to Nintendo games and their ongoing love for our systems and characters,” commented Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of sales & marketing Scott Moffitt. “We want to make this time of transition as easy as possible for our loyal Club Nintendo members, so we are going to add dozens of new rewards and downloadable games to help members clear out their Coin balances.”

Source: http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/01/20/nintendo-america-announce-club-nintendo-discontinued/

Uhoh... Horribly terrible news, my friend has been a huge fan of Nintendo and this has been her favourite bit.

I imagine this being related to poor sales of the Wii U somehow.

Please stop with the digging crap already..

Old thing is dying and being replaced, sounds like a different version of the same thing that is going to be better. Not going to say they're messing up until it's shown they actually messed up.

How is that digging @XTankSlayerX? Nintendo is not Noobiesoft *clears throat* I mean "Ubisoft", the king of digging. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Linus has a shirt... I need to promote it some how right?

No, just...no! ;)

Please stop with the digging crap already..

Old thing is dying and being replaced, sounds like a different version of the same thing that is going to be better. Not going to say they're messing up until it's shown they actually messed up.

Keep digging

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Keep digging

To Ubisoft Head Quarters? :D LOL

No, I really loved Club Nintendo. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

No, I really loved Club Nintendo. :(

Ive finally been keeping up with mine and was planning on getting some nice stuff since im platinum now. I kinda wish you could add amiibo's though, even if you wouldnt get nearly as many points as a game.

Ive finally been keeping up with mine and was planning on getting some nice stuff since im platinum now. I kinda wish you could add amiibo's though, even if you wouldnt get nearly as many points as a game.

I got a lot of nice old SNES games and items from it. lol

Being able to add ambiibos would have been cool. This is all such a drag. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

What a coincidence, I unsubscribed from their emails right before this happened

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Unfortunate, though I'm definitely looking forward to whatever they'll have replacing it.

Linus has a shirt... I need to promote it some how right?

yes just yes :P

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Whelp, let's wait and see what they so. Imma break the news to my little bro lol.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Don't even think about complaining about Nintendo because Nintendo gets a pass because they are Nintendo. Nintendo.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

What a coincidence, I unsubscribed from their emails right before this happened

So what you're telling me is this is your fault? Because that certainly seems like what happened. Nintendo slaves away every day putting their love into those emails just for you and you heartlessly threw them aside. That's messed up, after all you've been through together I can't believe you would just break Nintendo's heart like that.  :(

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

I'm honestly cool with this.  If they're replacing it with something better, that's great.  Club Nintendo was the most useless piece of rubbish (well the Australian one anyway) - there was nothing of value there at all.  Hopefully they transfer existing star balances over or something, but I suppose it doesn't matter to me that much, the rewards were so abysmally rubbish that I never would have used them anyway...

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Does this mean we have to spend our reward points before February? Or will they carry over to the new system? I'm also Platinum Statues ;):)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Ok I actually read the article now.  @ericlee30 they expire at the end of June.

The service, which has ran for more than six years and allowed members to exchange Coins for posters, figures and downloadable games, will let users earn more Coins until the end of March, after which they must be redeemed by the end of June.
CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Exact details for those interested. You basically have plenty of time to redeem points codes and whatnot. Although it is unfortunate that it is closing its good news that something more modern and better is coming shortly after. Sometimes its better to build a system from the ground up with new ideas rather than patch them into a current system that is unable to handle them.

Europe

• Product registration cards no longer added to packaged software from April 1.
  • Digital games bought on eShop no longer registered from April 20.
  • Club Nintendo to end on September 30. All features, including spending earned Stars on catalogue items, will cease.
  • Users who move to the new service (to be announced) during the launch period will receive Flipnote Studio 3D for free.
  • Current Club Nintendo members are advised to spend all their remaining Stars before September 30. New items will continue to be added to the catalogue in the coming months.

America

• 31 March is last day to "sign up for a Club Nintendo membership, register products, complete surveys, register for a warranty extension, earn Coins, and qualify for Elite Status.
  • Last day to select a 2015 Elite Status gift (to be confirmed) is April 30.
  • Last day to redeem Coins for rewards or downloadable games is June 30.
  • Last day to redeem Club Nintendo download codes in the Nintendo eShop is July 31.
  • All Club Nintendo members to receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D (exclusive to Club Nintendo) in February 2015.

Japan

• Product registration cards no longer added to packaged software from February 1.
  • Club Nintendo points can be no longer registered from April 20.
  • Club Nintendo to end on September 30. All features, including spending earned points on catalogue items, will cease.
  • Current Club Nintendo members are advised to spend all their remaining points before September 30. New items will continue to be added to the catalogue in the coming months.
Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

That's a shame, got some great rewards from Club Nintendo! Looking forward to the new Flipnote though, it'll be neat to see what the new rewards program involves.

So what you're telling me is this is your fault? Because that certainly seems like what happened. Nintendo slaves away every day putting their love into those emails just for you and you heartlessly threw them aside. That's messed up, after all you've been through together I can't believe you would just break Nintendo's heart like that.  :(

lel it might be

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300