Robot tricks gullible Canadians

qwertywarrior

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/19/hitchbot-completes-trip/

Hitchhiking robot completes its cross-Canada trip

3b343767c0f845f4b1d698b38e8cec8a.jpeg

comic sans for full effect

It looks like robots can trust us humans to take care of them, after all. Hitchbot has successfully completed its hitchhiking trek across Canada, landing in Victoria, British Columbia this past weekend. The ride-bumming robot didn't survive its 4,000-mile journey completely unscathed. Its LED protector was cracked, and its speech had clearly suffered after two weeks of travel (hey, you try talking to people for that long). It doesn't look like there's another adventure in store, but that's okay by us; it clearly accomplished its goals of testing artificial intelligence techniques and human interaction. If you're ever keen to relive the trip, there's a photo gallery available to satisfy your nostalgic side.

photo gallery

http://www.hitchbot.me/gallery/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

It just mapped out Canada for the invasion. Gullible Canadians.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I'd never stop to pick up a robot... They can't be trusted!

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I should build some robots and send them out to trick people into donating money to it. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

lol I'd take that shit home, its journey would have ended with me.

You do realize that this was sorta like a canada wide thing where everyone was like "Omg cool, i'm in on this" 

They didn't trick us, we knew what we wanted to happen and we made it happen. 

we're not gullible :| we knew about this thing from public news (yes our news is nothing but interesting things happening in other parts of the world) 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

You do realize that this was sorta like a canada wide thing where everyone was like "Omg cool, i'm in on this" 

They didn't trick us, we knew what we wanted to happen and we made it happen. 

we're not gullible :| we knew about this thing from public news (yes our news is nothing but interesting things happening in other parts of the world

"Impossible, Canada can't have news! Nothing happens up there!"

This is actually kind of funny, I wonder if someone thought to install a wireless card reader and steal the card numbers of everyone who picked it up?

Also I wonder how many truckers tried to rape it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

"Impossible, Canada can't have news! Nothing happens up there!"

This is actually kind of funny, I wonder if someone thought to install a wireless card reader and steal the card numbers of everyone who picked it up?

canadian truckers are actually 18 year olds rejected by holister and modelling companies.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I am offended by the thread title.

lulz dey dont no im a robot sily canadiuns

xD

But that is really pretty cool.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

canadian truckers are actually 18 year olds rejected by holister and modelling companies.

Modelling?........ Is it wrong for me to wish that they are all women? If so I might start hitchiking through canada in the hopes that some rejected model chick rapes me lol (the good kind of man rape to, not that other unspeakable kind)

Modelling?........ Is it wrong for me to wish that they are all women? If so I might start hitchiking through canada in the hopes that some rejected model chick rapes me lol (the good kind of man rape to, not that other unspeakable kind)

lol, i'm talking about guys mainly. a lot of trucker guys are actually quite young. I haven't seen many trucking females but it's not too bad.

Computing enthusiast. 

lol, i'm talking about guys mainly. a lot of trucker guys are actually quite young. I haven't seen many trucking females but it's not too bad.

There have been a few hot chick truckers on TV, but part of me feels like they just got into it to get onto Ice road truckers.

So why would the Canadians be tricked? They were just being nice and letting a robot sit next to them, you can't call that gullible.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

So why would the Canadians be tricked? They were just being nice and letting a robot sit next to them, you can't call that gullible.

Today a friendly robot, tomorrow its the terminator

would that be considered digital rape?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Today a friendly robot, tomorrow its the terminator

You think them not letting a robot into their car would stop all possibility of a terminator-like situation?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

would that be considered digital rape?

Good question?

You think them not letting a robot into their car would stop all possibility of a terminator-like situation?

Well, they might not realise that just because it has skin doesn't mean it's human lol