Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

When  we click on the pop up,

Can you make it automatically be "marked as read"?

same with when we click on notifications from the app itself

something that can be changed in the next update maybe  :)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

When  we click on the pop up,

Can you make it automatically be "marked as read"?

same with when we click on notifications from the app itself

something that can be changed in the next update maybe  :)

It's already on the todo list ;)

Option to automatically mark notifications read after viewing them, suggested by @

HTTP/2 203

The Chrome extension may look better, but this one has so many more features. Good job OP.

My system | Nexus 4 (16GB) with CyanogenMod 12 | Pebble smartwatch | Dropbox | about.me: Tom Burnes -

The Chrome extension may look better, but this one has so many more features. Good job OP.

Don't worry, the next version (or some future version) should have better visuals, although it's not really practical to make it look the same as the chrome version.

HTTP/2 203

The addon has now been fully reviewed by Mozilla. I think that means everyone on v1.0.0 and 1.0.1 will be automatically updated to 1.0.2, but I don't know, and am fairly sure that if you're on v0 or v1a, b or rc, you will not be automatically updated, so you will need to download it from the firefox addons gallery. When I have a new version ready, which will probably be in late June (exams until then), it will be released through that page and everyone on a release version will be automatically updated.

HTTP/2 203

• 3 weeks later...

I love this addon. It's great!

However, without sounding like a dick, I have a bit of constructive criticizm; the addon works perfectly, and all the features are great. However, the design is pretty rough. I know with the Chrome extension, it's pretty clean and modern, but this one looks a little archaic. Again, not trying to sound rude, but it's definitely something that could use work. I've got some ideas, and would be happy to whip up something in Illustrator, as some inspiration.

Great work again, this is fantastic!

However, without sounding like a dick, I have a bit of constructive criticizm; the addon works perfectly, and all the features are great. However, the design is pretty rough. I know with the Chrome extension, it's pretty clean and modern, but this one looks a little archaic. Again, not trying to sound rude, but it's definitely something that could use work. I've got some ideas, and would be happy to whip up something in Illustrator, as some inspiration.

This was brought up before, thing is that @colonel_mortis isn't a designer ;)

He's looking into it, as far as I know.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

This was brought up before, thing is that colonel_mortis isn't a designer ;)

He's looking into it, as far as I know.

Sadly, I'm no programmer, but hopefully we can collaborate, and freshen it up at bit!

Criticism is the only way the addon will improve :D But I am on exams at the moment, so I haven't been able to spend a lot of time working on the next version (they're over fairly soon though so by the end of the month I will be back working full time on it), but I have managed to make this

MmXF8X9.png

It's just a prototype at the moment, and I have been focussing on that page so the others aren't as improved, but personally I think it's a cleaner and more modern design. However, I am perfectly aware that as it is my own work, I am much less likely to notice the flaws, so I would greatly appreciate it if you could critique the design (if you don't, I will probably still find stuff to change).

HTTP/2 203

Criticism is the only way the addon will improve :D But I am on exams at the moment, so I haven't been able to spend a lot of time working on the next version (they're over fairly soon though so by the end of the month I will be back working full time on it), but I have managed to make this

MmXF8X9.png

It's just a prototype at the moment, and I have been focussing on that page so the others aren't as improved, but personally I think it's a cleaner and more modern design. However, I am perfectly aware that as it is my own work, I am much less likely to notice the flaws, so I would greatly appreciate it if you could critique the design (if you don't, I will probably still find stuff to change).

That looks much better! It doesn't need to be designed by Apple, but it could use a bit of freshening up I guess. When I get home, I'll make some Illustrator examples, and post them here.

That looks much better! It doesn't need to be designed by Apple, but it could use a bit of freshening up I guess. When I get home, I'll make some Illustrator examples, and post them here.

That would be awesome!

What do you guys think about this as a hover highlight?

T3uoAhz.png

HTTP/2 203

That would be awesome!

What do you guys think about this as a hover highlight?

T3uoAhz.png

Looks nice, much cleaner.

EDIT- I'll post my render later today.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I was making my project in Ai, and it crashed AS I WAS SAVING. Now, I have nothing. UGH, I'll do it again, but it'll be up later...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sneek Peek at my redesign :D

post-44947-0-40175200-1402153608_thumb.p

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I was making my project in Ai, and it crashed AS I WAS SAVING. Now, I have nothing. UGH, I'll do it again, but it'll be up later...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I've done the same a couple of times with the code for this addon and a couple of other scripts (except it's been firefox, windows or Virtual Box /(ubuntu) that's crashed). It really hurts :'(

But that design looks pretty neat (and much better that I would have done)! :D

HTTP/2 203

I've done the same a couple of times with the code for this addon and a couple of other scripts (except it's been firefox, windows or Virtual Box /(ubuntu) that's crashed). It really hurts :'(

But that design looks pretty neat (and much better that I would have done)! :D

I have absolutely no experience with code, so how do the graphics work? Do you just plugin an image? If so, I can send you all the materials I used to make it, but if it's done some other way, then there's no point in doing it that way.

I guess we're the two sides of a application development coin; art with no programming experience, and programming with a little art experience :P

I have absolutely no experience with code, so how do the graphics work? Do you just plugin an image? If so, I can send you all the materials I used to make it, but if it's done some other way, then there's no point in doing it that way.

I guess we're the two sides of a application development coin; art with no programming experience, and programming with a little art experience :P

What I do doesn't even count as graphics - it's just colouring in blocks and downloading images. But the way images work in HTML/CSS (which is how the addon is made) is that they are just linked in the code, so if you send across your resources then they can just be plugged in :D. However, there's still a lot of arranging and stuff so not everything can work (CSS is missing some fairly obvious features like making stuff the full height of its parents), and if stuff is interactive then it needs to be in separate images unless a fair bit of messing around behind the scenes is done. If you send stuff over then I can try and fit it in though (I have inkscape so .ai, .svg or .png are all fine (I can open pretty much any image if they don't suit)). And thanks for the help, I have an idea for how I will thank you, but it won't be ready in v1.1 unfortunately (I swear it just doesn't want to work).

HTTP/2 203

What I do doesn't even count as graphics - it's just colouring in blocks and downloading images. But the way images work in HTML/CSS (which is how the addon is made) is that they are just linked in the code, so if you send across your resources then they can just be plugged in :D. However, there's still a lot of arranging and stuff so not everything can work (CSS is missing some fairly obvious features like making stuff the full height of its parents), and if stuff is interactive then it needs to be in separate images unless a fair bit of messing around behind the scenes is done. If you send stuff over then I can try and fit it in though (I have inkscape so .ai, .svg or .png are all fine (I can open pretty much any image if they don't suit)). And thanks for the help, I have an idea for how I will thank you, but it won't be ready in v1.1 unfortunately (I swear it just doesn't want to work).

I know your pain of trying to get things to work that should but won't stop being stupid and broken.. xD I primarily work with C# & sometimes Java anymore, but I know enough web based stuff to be dangerous, and I remember CSS being both a blessing and a curse with some of it's features.. :lol:

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Glad to help, this is fun for me! I'm nearing the end of my project, so I'll send over individual .pngs of all the icons. I'll also send a document that explains the font sizes, weights, and such, if you want them.

I know your pain of trying to get things to work that should but won't stop being stupid and broken.. xD I primarily work with C# & sometimes Java anymore, but I know enough web based stuff to be dangerous and I remember CSS being both a blessing and a curse with some of it's features.. :lol:

I will never understand coding.

Glad to help, this is fun for me! I'm nearing the end of my project, so I'll send over individual .pngs of all the icons. I'll also send a document that explains the font sizes, weights, and such, if you want them.

The programming is fun for me (most of the time, when it's not just blatently not doing what it should be), so we make a good combination :D And feel free to send over that document too if it's not too much effort, although I will have to make sure the fonts are on Windows and linux (I presume they will work on OSX because you appear to be using it, but outside an old VM, I can't test it very well). Don't feel rushed to do this though - I'm busy with exams next week, and possibly won't have access to a computer the week after (I really don't know), so I am aiming to work on this for the couple of weeks after that (and even then I have plenty of other stuff I could do).

HTTP/2 203

The programming is fun for me (most of the time, when it's not just blatently not doing what it should be), so we make a good combination :D And feel free to send over that document too if it's not too much effort, although I will have to make sure the fonts are on Windows and linux (I presume they will work on OSX because you appear to be using it, but outside an old VM, I can't test it very well). Don't feel rushed to do this though - I'm busy with exams next week, and possibly won't have access to a computer the week after (I really don't know), so I am aiming to work on this for the couple of weeks after that (and even then I have plenty of other stuff I could do).

No worries. I'm using mainly Helvetica, so compatibility isn't an issue. However, I have no way to know how you will add things such as shadows or the like, unless it's just part of the image you insert, which I can of course include. For instance, I have a version of the render with the menu open, but unless you just drop text on top of a static image of the window, I'm not sure how it'll look the way I presented it. However, I'll send over the PNGs with shadows and borders already assigned.

EDIT- this might pose a problem, but I'm designing the options/notifications window with it on top of the main window, as opposed to a new one. Is this a complicated thing to program? Again, I have no idea :P

No worries. I'm using mainly Helvetica, so compatibility isn't an issue. However, I have no way to know how you will add things such as shadows or the like, unless it's just part of the image you insert, which I can of course include. For instance, I have a version of the render with the menu open, but unless you just drop text on top of a static image of the window, I'm not sure how it'll look the way I presented it. However, I'll send over the PNGs with shadows and borders already assigned.

EDIT- this might pose a problem, but I'm designing the options/notifications window with it on top of the main window, as opposed to a new one. Is this a complicated thing to program? Again, I have no idea :P

Shadows for text is fine, but images can't be done without either duplicating the image (not ideal but workable) or by editing the image to include the shadow. As for your 2nd point, if you mean having it as an overlay over the homepage of the addon, that is fine. I can even have stuff being semi-transparent, but no blurs unfortunately.

HTTP/2 203

I will never understand coding.

same here  :D

PS i came here because my news feed got flooded by something  ;)

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

same here  :D

PS i came here because my news feed got flooded by something  ;)

And on that note, @AMorassOfPixelz shall we take the conversation to PM to avoid spamming people with too many notifications.

HTTP/2 203