Linus Tech Tips Notifier for Firefox (EOL)

you need to add notifications for TechQuickie and Channel Super Fun videos

Newest alpha/beta has those.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

you need to add notifications for TechQuickie and Channel Super Fun videos

Yeah, as @LoGiCalDrm said, it's currently in the alpha version (see the bottom of the first post for a link), and will be rolling out to the main release channel at some point. I don't know when it will release yet, but I promise that it will be this year, and quite possibly this month, depending on whether I have enough time to work on it.

HTTP/2 203

Just having a look at redesigning the settings menu (again), and I wondered what you guys thought of this very early test design:

8aJnhMn.png

HTTP/2 203

Just having a look at redesigning the settings menu (again), and I wondered what you guys thought of this very early test design:

-snip-

One of the most important aspects of a clean and easy to use design is the white space—You guys need to add appropriate margin and padding to the content of the boxes (and try keeping it consistent). Other than that, it looks like a sweet upgrade, good job!

Cheers,

Linus

8aJnhMn.png

Looks great! I haven't checked up on this in a while, you're making great progress!

So I've been getting the new setting to work today, and while it's not finished (they're all placeholder images), this should give you a good idea of what the new settings will (probably) look like.

GE8lsky.png

I can still change stuff, so feel free to leave comments and suggestions.

HTTP/2 203

So I've been getting the new setting to work today, and while it's not finished (they're all placeholder images), this should give you a good idea of what the new settings will (probably) look like.

I can still change stuff, so feel free to leave comments and suggestions.

How does opening specified options work? With click or by hovering over? I'd prefer click better. Sometimes hovering over small icons makes getting into places really painful.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

How does opening specified options work? With click or by hovering over? I'd prefer click better. Sometimes hovering over small icons makes getting into places really painful.

It's currently on hover, but with a 0.1s delay so if you move off it for a moment then come back it won't hide. I can put it on a website later if you like so you can test it and see whether you would prefer me to make it clickable instead (would you like me to do that?).

HTTP/2 203

It's currently on hover, but with a 0.1s delay so if you move off it for a moment then come back it won't hide. I can put it on a website later if you like so you can test it and see whether you would prefer me to make it clickable instead (would you like me to do that?).

If menu comes when you hover any place over title, then its ok. But if its only after hover over icon, then clickable would be better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If menu comes when you hover any place over title, then its ok. But if its only after hover over icon, then clickable would be better.

In that screenshot, to make the popup settings continue to show you can hover anywhere in the bit surrounded by a shadow (on the icon, name, toggler, or in the advanced settings section), which I think is what you want.

HTTP/2 203

In that screenshot, to make the popup settings continue to show you can hover anywhere in the bit surrounded by a shadow (on the icon, name, toggler, or in the advanced settings section), which I think is what you want.

Yeah, that sounds ok. I think you code better than some websites where I have noticed the hovering-menus-not-staying-open-when-I-move-mouse issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yeah, that sounds ok. I think you code better than some websites where I have noticed the hovering-menus-not-staying-open-when-I-move-mouse issue.

If you're interested in trying it out, I have uploaded it here: http://www.jackw.net/subdomains/projects/ltt-notifier/demos/settingsv1.2-1/

HTTP/2 203

True LTT fan needs no notifier :) and its not hard to remember Friday 16:30 CA time/ 00:30 EU time lol (+- hours depending on your own timezone)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

True LTT fan needs no notifier :) and its not hard to remember Friday 16:30 CA time/ 00:30 EU time lol (+- hours depending on your own timezone)

Well no, but you need extra screen or corner of screen to keep browser tab open at any moment. And some addon/script to refresh page. And not to rage when they aren't on time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hi, thank you very much for this awesome addon!
Hi have a problem though:
fC5LJuX.png
This is the icon in the new Firefox menu, it's the only one that's little and is looking different from the other ones, is there any chance that you will fix that?

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

Hi, thank you very much for this awesome addon!

Hi have a problem though:

<baby icon>

This is the icon in the new Firefox menu, it's the only one that's little and is looking different from the other ones, is there any chance that you will fix that?

I looked into fixing it using the framework that I'm currently using and it didn't seem to be possible to make it scale and still maintain the functionality that it has without changing frameworks (which removes support for FF28 and below, which I don't want to do quite yet).

However, I am planning to change framework when v2 comes around closer to the IPB4 release (next year), dropping support for FF33 and below and adding some new features with it. This will almost certainly fix the icon issues, assuming I can make it do what I want.

HTTP/2 203

This is looking great! Of course there's still some work to be done, but this is turning into something great. It even works well on my 2006 MacBook :P

If you need anything, or help with design / placement / resizing inspiration, I'm here. I kind of left this behind for a while, but now that I've gotten used to my new school schedule, I've got more time to work on stuff like this :)

Again, great work!

So any ETA for the new version?

(The giant amount of DOWNTIME errors that I can't clear in this one bugs me on many levels.. :P)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

So any ETA for the new version?

(The giant amount of DOWNTIME errors that I can't clear in this one bugs me on many levels.. :P)

None yet, sorry. I will try to get it out as soon as possible though, but with school I don't have as much free time as I would have likes any more.

HTTP/2 203

giphy.gif

Downloaded.

My Laptop
Apple Macbook Pro 13' with Retina Display, 2.4 GHz Core i5, 4 GB 1600 GHz DDR3, 256 GB m.2 SSD, OS X Yosemite, VMware Fusion Pro running Windows 7 and Ubuntu
<p>

Awesome! Could I have the source code?

https://mega.co.nz/#!hwtjhR5C!DfrXngBVF8v9rpYT9SZTVQRikSsOnr7FxafTledRzQs for v1.0.0

I intend to upload the source for the major versions.

It's not amazingly well written, and very bolted together, but if you can understand it without any comments (I really ought to comment it, oughtn't I)... then there you go.

HTTP/2 203