I am getting harassed by scam people saying I owe the IRS US.

JV5185

These people used intimidation techniques like threathning, spam messaging and weird automated phonecalls with blank voicemails. I have a question for the forum (it should concern most of us) : Should I be worried that these rats can get into my sensitive info like cc, Id's or anything else that makes my life be possible?! Super angry and sad at same time. (Sad because these poor sucker are asking for it)

Th

Juan

8 minutes ago, JV5185 said:

Should I be worried that these rats can get into my sensitive info like cc, Id's or anything else that makes my life be possible?!

Only if you tell them. That said, inform the police and perhaps call your telco, too, to let them know of this and ask if they could block the number.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just ignore it and block the number. Easy. The IRS won't call you, they'll mail you something. 

Or play along to piss them off. Take your pick. 

"Oh you want me to pay in wal-mart gift cards? Ok.... well.... walmart is an hour away. *Proceed to put the phone down next to a radio for an hour.*"

EDIT: For the record, this is a VERY common scam.

Yeah i would just not answer the phone. I get a few scam calls a day. I even got a scam call from my own number(spoofed) once ?

If you do answer you should toy with them and waste their time.

6 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Just ignore it and block the number. Easy. The IRS won't call you, they'll mail you something. 

Or play along to piss them off. Take your pick. 

"Oh you want me to pay in wal-mart gift cards? Ok.... well.... walmart is an hour away. *Proceed to put the phone down next to a radio for an hour.*"

EDIT: For the record, this is a VERY common scam.

I would totally do this, Time is literal money to these people. Waste it as much as possible.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Don't know if it's the same in the US but in the UK there are services you can sign up for that stop this kind of crap from happening, they do something with your number.

Popular one in the UK is "We've heard you've been involved in a car accident" - signed up to a few services and they stopped almost immediately.

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

3 hours ago, Rhyss said:

Don't know if it's the same in the US but in the UK there are services you can sign up for that stop this kind of crap from happening, they do something with your number.

Popular one in the UK is "We've heard you've been involved in a car accident" - signed up to a few services and they stopped almost immediately.

not really anymore. They spoof numbers, I've had numbers of people I know call me. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Notify the local gendarmes, the FCC, the IRS, and the phone company, then block the number they claim to be calling from.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

god I hate these. I'm having car insurance things call me using my area code and I have people call me saying I called them, but they're masking numbers its so goddamn annoying. If it wasn't bots I would waste their time

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

35 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Notify the local gendarmes, the FCC, the IRS, and the phone company, then block the number they claim to be calling from.

On the one time I have experienced this personally, they had actually spoofed the local tax office's number. (We googled it.) 

16 hours ago, JV5185 said:

BTW number calling is:

678-543-0016

I tried calling it twice... you just get put on a fake hold that disconnects you at 6 minutes 3 seconds. So much for having a little fun.

33 minutes ago, mxk. said:

god I hate these. I'm having car insurance things call me using my area code and I have people call me saying I called them, but they're masking numbers its so goddamn annoying. If it wasn't bots I would waste their time

I get the insurance scam calls with numbers in my area code as well, putting my number in the Do not call registry and having them blocked doesn't seem to do anything since they just call with a different or spoofed number.

easy.. go along with it with a camera and upload it to youtube

edit: but give thm fake information 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Tell them you know their names and where they live and you are gonna murder them while they sleep tonight. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

21 hours ago, JV5185 said:

These people used intimidation techniques like threathning, spam messaging and weird automated phonecalls with blank voicemails. I have a question for the forum (it should concern most of us) : Should I be worried that these rats can get into my sensitive info like cc, Id's or anything else that makes my life be possible?! Super angry and sad at same time. (Sad because these poor sucker are asking for it)

Th

Juan

Here is what you do:

1) Block the number

2) Report the Number to the FTC

3) Eat some pizza

4) Profit 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

5 hours ago, wasab said:

Tell them you know their names and where they live and you are gonna murder them while they sleep tonight. 

wow are you ok?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

With a little Google search, I could easily find some reports filed at http://www.whycall.me/929-800-4241.html regarding similar tax related scams filed by people even since months ago. I think it's better to just ignore those calls now. It's a waste of time talking to them.

just do what i do. if someone calls me and their info in not in my phone already then dont answer. if people need to get a hold of me, they know the alternatives.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

To everyone tha5 has viven an answer thankss I'll block the number and leave it there.

Grateful,

JVC

On 11/14/2018 at 11:26 PM, JV5185 said:

Th

Juan

Assuming you don't actually owe any money to the IRS, then you should block the number and forget they exist. If they call using a different number? Just keep blocking them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

If they call using a different number? Just keep blocking them.

Doesn't work for me. Only way I've gotten these assholes to leave is to waste their time.

Answer their calls, press whatever number gets you to a person, then have some fun.

Speak gibberish, use an angry indian accent, give them periods of silence, or just get creative. Play jellyfish jam across the phone.

Or just swear at them >:D

Don't hang up until they do. Once they hang up, you're golden. They will almost always stop calling and remove you from their list. My spam calls dropped from several a day to only one or two a month.

7 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Doesn't work for me. Only way I've gotten these assholes to leave is to waste their time.

Answer their calls, press whatever number gets you to a person, then have some fun.

Speak gibberish, use an angry indian accent, give them periods of silence, or just get creative. Play jellyfish jam across the phone.

Or just swear at them >:D

Don't hang up until they do. Once they hang up, you're golden. They will almost always stop calling and remove you from their list. My spam calls dropped from several a day to only one or two a month.

True this can work, but the point is that if they don't think they'll get money out of you, then you're wasting their time and they'll move on.

So if you just keep blocking the calls, or hang up every time they call, then they'll eventually get the message and will move on to others.

I'd only suggest your method if they are overly aggressive and will simply not take the hint.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

True this can work, but the point is that if they don't think they'll get money out of you, then you're wasting their time and they'll move on.

So if you just keep blocking the calls, or hang up every time they call, then they'll eventually get the message and will move on to others.

I'd only suggest your method if they are overly aggressive and will simply not take the hint.

I used to get daily calls about my "student loans"

Went on for over a year before I actually did something about it