Our New $10 000 Router!

AlexTheGreatish
8 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

You could teach CAD and CAM to your kids!

Yes... But how would that ever be parent child bonding time? Once the kid learns either there is no more need for you as the parent, or worst the parent might be classified as a nuisance... If they learned a skill that requires precision and actual hands on functions like woodworking, that is something the parent and child could do together till one dies.

Not to mention your machines work value? basically nothing because you could technically mass produce it. However if you did the logo 100% by hand (doable), its value becomes so much more. So if Linus was to ever thing about putting something like the LTT logo made by it onto a store he really can't charge much more than a few bucks above material... Because...

19 minutes ago, chibugamo said:

2: if you change a drill bit you should physically cut the power (i dont know that system but i think it is the big red button)

If it has a physical off switch there is no need to use the kill switch... 

13 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

If it has a physical off switch there is no need to use the kill switch... 

yes but i suspect that kill switch is for the drill only other wise you will lose your setting if it's not you put one 

those thing come with the minimum safety gear so the compagnie can adjuste it to their standard

sorry for the bad english it is a second language to me

It really, really doesn't...

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Currently it is to be named:

image.png.c7202a884fa793f634de4d7173d6be89.png

I also guess Linus doesn't care to understand how sawdust can become explosive... Which is why everyone has a air system in place before starting it up...

(hilariously a BC Video)

But after the 2 BS Apple videos... I guess he's trying to find ways to kill himself... But please Linus, if you want to die don't kill everyone else...

3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Currently it is to be named:

image.png.c7202a884fa793f634de4d7173d6be89.png

I also guess Linus doesn't care to understand how sawdust can become explosive... Which is why everyone has a air system in place before starting it up...

(hilariously a BC Video)

But after the 2 BS Apple videos... I guess he's trying to find ways to kill himself... But please Linus, if you want to die don't kill everyone else...

If you watch, at the end of the video, they go on to discuss the more permanent solutions which will be put in place - including dust extraction  

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

19 minutes ago, wANKER said:

If you watch, at the end of the video, they go on to discuss the more permanent solutions which will be put in place - including dust extraction  

Not sure if it is a legal requirement over in BC however... I'd assume it is, but I'm not sure.

I do know that both Alex and Linus failed to follow the bare minimum requirements of PPE... Sure they had safety equipment but they didn't have ear protection (might be required depending on db levels), and worst yet they never wore any breathing mechanisms (including the minimum paper mask which you can pick up at a dollar store). If wood goes into your lungs it could cause sever breathing issues. Esp if in large amounts.

Baggy sleeves and drawstrings are nothing in comparison to the actual issues, those are just frosting on the cake

I did some work for a company that had a 10x8 meter router. Or maybe it was 8x6, but it was bloody massive. 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

Why is there no video today for the main channel?

On 10/25/2018 at 3:59 PM, LukeSavenije said:

May I ask one question @AlexTheGreatish, why would you spend 10000 on a router? Just why?

My school paid 15k for a tiny Lazer cutter/ engraver (epilog Lazer mini/

17 hours ago, hiitswilliam said:

Why is there no video today for the main channel?

Normally don't have releases on Fridays, just had extra videos to throw in that slot the last couple weeks.

just had extra videos to throw in that slot the last couple weeks.

uh huh

extra videos meaning the spare video's to fill in the gaps. Like the kid at Halloween who got the bad candy and gives it to his younger brother. that was the only halloween anology I could come up with in a speedy manner.

• 1 month later...