SQLite adopts a new Code of Conduct

matrix07012
Go to solution Solved by Taf the Ghost,
29 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Dafuq is all I got to say

Funny thing is this has actually been their CoC since February. Which makes the exploding heads pretty funny.

More technically, it's based off the earliest written Christian monastic code (helping lay the foundation for most modern (and functional) legal systems), has been proven out over a millennia and the code is directly responsible for the creation of modern industries. (Christian monks are one of the most important groups, historically, in the development of technology.)

Realistically, it's a project over a decade old that's always required unique code, thus it has to be controlled by a small group. That small group is mostly a bunch of Catholics, so agreeing to this type of CoC makes sense. They now have the most stringent CoC in the industry. I hope the rest of the FOSS projects can keep up.

SQLite adopts a new Code of Conduct

1. Overview

Having been encouraged by clients to adopt a written code of conduct, the SQLite developers elected to govern their interactions with each other, with their clients, and with the larger SQLite user community in accordance with the "instruments of good works" from chapter 4 of The Rule of St. Benedict. This code of conduct has proven its mettle in thousands of diverse communities for over 1,500 years, and has served as a baseline for many civil law codes since the time of Charlemagne.

1.1. Users of the SQLite Code

This rule applies to SQLite developers, not to users of the SQLite code. Everyone is free to use the SQLite source code, object code, and/or documentation regardless of their opinion of and adherence to this rule. SQLite has been and continues to be completely free to everyone, without precondition.

1.2. Participation in the SQLite Mailing Lists

Participates in the SQLite Mailing Lists or other public forums are not required to follow this rule. However, comments posted on mailing lists or forums are expected to be courteous and professional, and should be worded as if they were written by someone who is a follower of this rule. Speak only the truth in love, honor all, do not be angry or nurse a grudge, do not return evil for evil, be not proud or a grumbler or a detractor, avoid depraved speech, hate no one, do not love quarreling, and so forth. Violator brought to the attention of the project leader will be reproved, gently at first but with increasing urgency, and may ultimately be banned if the behavior is not amended.

1.3. Core Developers

All of the current core developers of SQLite have pledged to follow this rule. The public is invited to call us out if we are seen in breach of the rule, especially with regards to our interaction with mailing list participates and/or general users of SQLite.

In the future, should someone wish to become a core developer of SQLite and is in every way qualified except that he or she does not feel comfortable with some details of this rule, then appropriate adjustments will be made at that point.

Spoiler

2. The Rule

1. First of all, love the Lord God with your whole heart, your whole soul, and your whole strength.
  2. Then, love your neighbor as yourself.
  3. Do not murder.
  4. Do not commit adultery.
  5. Do not steal.
  6. Do not covet.
  7. Do not bear false witness.
  8. Honor all.
  9. Do not do to another what you would not have done to yourself.
  10. Deny oneself in order to follow Christ.
  11. Chastise the body.
  12. Do not become attached to pleasures.
  13. Love fasting.
  14. Relieve the poor.
  15. Clothe the naked.
  16. Visit the sick.
  17. Bury the dead.
  18. Be a help in times of trouble.
  19. Console the sorrowing.
  20. Be a stranger to the world's ways.
  21. Prefer nothing more than the love of Christ.
  22. Do not give way to anger.
  23. Do not nurse a grudge.
  24. Do not entertain deceit in your heart.
  25. Do not give a false peace.
  26. Do not forsake charity.
  27. Do not swear, for fear of perjuring yourself.
  28. Utter only truth from heart and mouth.
  29. Do not return evil for evil.
  30. Do no wrong to anyone, and bear patiently wrongs done to yourself.
  31. Love your enemies.
  32. Do not curse those who curse you, but rather bless them.
  33. Bear persecution for justice's sake.
  34. Be not proud.
  35. Be not addicted to wine.
  36. Be not a great eater.
  37. Be not drowsy.
  38. Be not lazy.
  39. Be not a grumbler.
  40. Be not a detractor.
  41. Put your hope in God.
  42. Attribute to God, and not to self, whatever good you see in yourself.
  43. Recognize always that evil is your own doing, and to impute it to yourself.
  44. Fear the Day of Judgment.
  45. Be in dread of hell.
  46. Desire eternal life with all the passion of the spirit.
  47. Keep death daily before your eyes.
  48. Keep constant guard over the actions of your life.
  49. Know for certain that God sees you everywhere.
  50. When wrongful thoughts come into your heart, dash them against Christ immediately.
  51. Disclose wrongful thoughts to your spiritual mentor.
  52. Guard your tongue against evil and depraved speech.
  53. Do not love much talking.
  54. Speak no useless words or words that move to laughter.
  55. Do not love much or boisterous laughter.
  56. Listen willingly to holy reading.
  57. Devote yourself frequently to prayer.
  58. Daily in your prayers, with tears and sighs, confess your past sins to God, and amend them for the future.
  59. Fulfill not the desires of the flesh; hate your own will.
  60. Obey in all things the commands of those whom God has placed in authority over you even though they (which God forbid) should act otherwise, mindful of the Lord's precept, "Do what they say, but not what they do."
  61. Do not wish to be called holy before one is holy; but first to be holy, that you may be truly so called.
  62. Fulfill God's commandments daily in your deeds.
  63. Love chastity.
  64. Hate no one.
  65. Be not jealous, nor harbor envy.
  66. Do not love quarreling.
  67. Shun arrogance.
  68. Respect your seniors.
  69. Love your juniors.
  70. Pray for your enemies in the love of Christ.
  71. Make peace with your adversary before the sun sets.
  72. Never despair of God's mercy.

I love this. It's is absolutely hilarious and a huge middle finger to the people demanding a CoC. I'm hoping someday some bigger projects adapts the No Code of Conduct Code of Conduct

Sauce: https://www.sqlite.org/codeofconduct.html / https://archive.fo/AtjRe

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Jesus died and lived for this

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

In before  NPCs start screeching "islamophobia"

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It has been said: "For the developer so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten code, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have a highly optimised database."

1 minute ago, JuNex03 said:

Poor Thanos, about to get fired

nah, more like the day before get fired, decided to do something passively aggressive. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

29 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Funny thing is this has actually been their CoC since February. Which makes the exploding heads pretty funny.

More technically, it's based off the earliest written Christian monastic code (helping lay the foundation for most modern (and functional) legal systems), has been proven out over a millennia and the code is directly responsible for the creation of modern industries. (Christian monks are one of the most important groups, historically, in the development of technology.)

Realistically, it's a project over a decade old that's always required unique code, thus it has to be controlled by a small group. That small group is mostly a bunch of Catholics, so agreeing to this type of CoC makes sense. They now have the most stringent CoC in the industry. I hope the rest of the FOSS projects can keep up.

26 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Crap, I jumped the gun, since Twitter started sperging out just recently.

Dr Richard Hipp is really a devout Christian, so they're 100% serious. Still better CoC than Contributor Covenant's CoC though.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

7 minutes ago, matrix07012 said:

Crap, I jumped the gun, since Twitter started sperging out just recently.

Dr Richard Hipp is really a devout Christian, so they're 100% serious. Still better CoC than Contributor Covenant's CoC though.

There's a little bit of trolling involved, but Dr. Hipp explained the reasoning pretty well. And I wasn't joking about how important the Christian monastic movement is for both technological development and functional provenance for over 1000 years. No one would say the Rules are pleasant to follow, but you cannot say they don't work, at a structural level. 

CoCs are trendy, thus they picked one that clearly will work for extended periods of time. Most of the trendy CoCs will destroy their projects, while SQlite very likely will still be kicking while the rest of them have been forked because idiots run them now.