• 70 000 USD / 60 987 EUR
    • 80 000 USD / 69 699 EUR ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • 90 000 USD / 78 414 EUR
    • 100 000 USD / 87 127 EUR
  2. 2. Low yearly Income ?

• 10 000 USD / 8 712 EUR
    • 20 000 USD / 17 423 EUR
    • 30 000 USD / 26 134 EUR

You can clarify yourself in the comments bellow in which country/state you're living and what's the average salary there.

Not to sound like a downer here but

1. lets keep this strictly on on topic... using this to platform political stances will get anyone only one thing..
  2. this question is very vague and I cannot answer it since the question does not take into account multiple variables such as, Age, Education, Type of work, Experience, etcetera.... just for starters.

I honestly do not believe in a minimum of maximum wage, a wage should be determined by only one thing, the agreement made between an employer and the employee at time of hire with room for wage increase as time, experience and proficiency increase.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Whatever they earn for themselves.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Alot of factors go into this.

Supply and demand of skillsets/occupation (jobs in high demand but low supply of people will in most cases pay more)

Location and standard of living (it will cost more to live in NYC compared to say Idaho and salaries vary by location)

Experience (kinda factors into supply and demand typically there are less people with 15 years of dev experience say vs 1 or 2)

The Same

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

1 minute ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

The Same

Agreed, everyone gets the same track suit 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Just now, aki adaki said:

Agreed, everyone gets the same track suit 

By law everyone has to listen to HardBass on a daily basis, and vodka is  free!

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I'd say enough for the person to be live comfortably and be able to do a couple of extra hobbies. Here in the UK i'd say that's about 30k PA (Around 39K USD)

However if you're living in London think almost double that. London is STUPID expensive. Most people pay double or triple my mortgage in RENT!

I think everyone should have a right to a minumum income no mather what. Even if they are not working. It should be enough to live on and not be poor.

if anyone is willing to help me eat jeff bezos, i will split his fortune with you

4 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Not to sound like a downer here but

1. lets keep this strictly on on topic... using this to platform political stances will get anyone only one thing..
  2. this question is very vague and I cannot answer it since the question does not take into account multiple variables such as, Age, Education, Type of work, Experience, etcetera.... just for starters.

I honestly do not believe in a minimum of maximum wage, a wage should be determined by only one thing, the agreement made between an employer and the employee at time of hire with room for wage increase as time, experience and proficiency increase.

I don't want to be that guy, but this is a political stance. The poll in of itself is also political, factoring the question/and the limited answers. You can't really get away from it.

Your belief does not address arrangements outside of employments or revenue obtained from investment income. This is important because the question is about income, not wages or salaries.

The poll's question does not account from everyone participant's context (e.g. cost of living variance due to social, economical and political differences). You're just asked what the top and bottom earning tiers should be, assumingly to establish a certain level of equality in income distribution. OP's accompanying message is different, though.

That message calls for clarifications from the participants of this poll. I'm not even sure why there's a poll people instead of asking them to just share their thoughts while factoring in their local differences (perceived and otherwise) since that's ultimately the point. The answers, poll or otherwise, will give you a glimpse into the politics of every participant and will become political by nature, just like you've given us insight into your politics.

I think the only advice I can give is to keep this a level-headed discussion. Respect your peers. We all have different opinions and that's what makes us who we are. :)

So sir, how much would you like to be paid. 

Oh, well, I don't want to be greedy, so 20k is fine. 100k is too much.

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

18 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

think everyone should have a right to a minumum income no mather what

Why should anyone get paid for doing nothing? If they don't work, then they don't get paid.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

You need to give a location. In the US with 700 dollars a month you can't barely survive in a small county. With 700 month in Peru you are doing pretty well in the capital, you can even get to have a modest family. It varies a lot and if you are using this poll for a class then you wont get good data. 

Regardless, my answer medium should whatever amount, minimum should be enough to live a decent live and not starve. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Why should anyone get paid for doing nothing? If they don't work, then they don't get paid.

It is called a citizens pay and is something that does not demand any form of demands to get.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

because it cost more to keep homeless people than given them a home. I think what this guy is talking about is an idea called universal basic income. Here you go, it has pretty colours too 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

B6WQJEt.png

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

7 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

It is called a citizens pay and is something that does not demand any form of demands to get.

You didn't answer my question.

6 minutes ago, IAnthonyFX said:

because it cost more to keep homeless people than given them a home

Unless you force said people to work or live in a country with an incompetent government and police force, no, it doesn't.

15 minutes ago, IAnthonyFX said:

universal basic income

I'm familiar with this form of theft.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

You didn't answer my question.

Unless you force said people to work or live in a country with an incompetent government and police force, no, it doesn't.

I'm familiar with this form of theft.

theft? xD 
well, there is no point on arguing with you 

Just now, IAnthonyFX said:

theft

If the government is paying someone else for nothing, they're stealing the money from those working.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

The "ideal" average income depends on the cost of living of where they are, even in developed countries like the US. The $15/hr federal minimum wage doesn't make sense to me because $15/hr is still not enough to get the basics in San Francisco, but someone living in Podunk with a population of 200 would live like a proverbial king.

1 hour ago, LinusOnLine said:

I think everyone should have a right to a minumum income no mather what. Even if they are not working. It should be enough to live on and not be poor.

Why is getting something for nothing "a right"?

Do you walk into stores and rob them because you have the right to what they sell?