• 100 000 USD / 87 127 EUR
  2. 2. Low yearly Income ?

• 10 000 USD / 8 712 EUR
    • 20 000 USD / 17 423 EUR
    • 30 000 USD / 26 134 EUR

51 minutes ago, IAnthonyFX said:

theft? xD 
well, there is no point on arguing with you 

Exactly, because they are correct and you are incorrect. Therefore, there is no point trying to pass your argument off as valid. UBI is by its very definition redistributive theft.

1 hour ago, IAnthonyFX said:

because it cost more to keep homeless people than given them a home. I think what this guy is talking about is an idea called universal basic income. Here you go, it has pretty colours too 

Probably what we will end up with as automation replaces many jobs. Will be tricky for countries without plenty of mineral wealth to pull off though. Though once human labour no longer has much/any value, the options to maintain a functioning society will be limited.

And back to the opening question, it depends on living costs. 50k a year is, either a lot if it costs 10K a year to keep a roof over your head, or very little if your accommodation costs 40k.

7 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

I thought that politics should be left out of this?

Then why'd you bring it up?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Then why'd you bring it up?

I did not. I answered the OP and you started being a jerk just because you do not agree about it.

5 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

I did not. I answered the OP and you started being a jerk just because you do not agree about it.

Stating you want Universal Basic Income is a political opinion.

One held by those that cannot survive by their own merit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I feel poor now, now my yearly income is less than US$10.000

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

9 hours ago, voiha said:

average salary there.

Depends on the skill set of the citizen.

If we are making up salaries, then we can also make up mass housing, affordable housing, regular housing and such.

Salary is dependent on how much things cost.

Too early for UBI, there are worker SHORTAGES out there. And yes they upped salaries.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

10 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:
11 hours ago, LinusOnLine said:

I think everyone should have a right to a minumum income no mather what. Even if they are not working. It should be enough to live on and not be poor.

Why is getting something for nothing "a right"?

Do you walk into stores and rob them because you have the right to what they sell?

I think that there is a stage in our human life (It was in a YouTube "science video" don't lynch me) , where hypothetically we are so advanced that people sustain low birth rate and population and we found a energy source (most likely from some big energy provider like stars) so we can live in a society where you chose to work or not, if you don't then you get just enough and a bit on top, to eat and be healthy.

Tho..

Currently we are far from that, people are greedy..

11 hours ago, PacketMan said:

I'm from Spain, I think the average salary here should be around 2.000€, and the lowest about 1.000€ (new Government is trying to rise the lower salary from 720€ to 900€, bless them Jeeeeeeeeeeesus millions of people getting paid shit for a lot of work, as I was)

Renting a house is about 600€ per month (and it's nothing special nor big... specially in big cities), and getting paid 720€ per month and having to pay a rent is a nightmare

My sister's rented house in Madrid is 1000€ per month, not near the centre and it's like 60 m2

holy..1K per month for 60m2.. I thought Spain was out of the crisis.

5 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

NOPE, nope. Business men kept paying the minimum wage after firing dozens of workers, so they pay less workers, pay less to each worker and get the job done, getting the whole money.

I don't want to make this into politics, but after all this shit we are going through (monarchy, corruption... thousands millions of euros lost due to corruption and the bank rescue didn't help the citizens when we most needed help), I don't know if I do really want to work here in Spain after University...

This is the actual vision of a University student, almost a Computer Scientist here

Damn..sounds rough, sounds familiar as it's here in Bulgaria, wish you the best !

I've lived at 10k a year and 80k a year, and I think the best for average no-debt Americans is 50k or so. I'm amazed, when you have no debt, which I don't, how far that much money goes, but I also don't live in California

12 hours ago, voiha said:

I think that there is a stage in our human life (It was in a YouTube "science video" don't lynch me) , where hypothetically we are so advanced that people sustain low birth rate and population and we found a energy source (most likely from some big energy provider like stars) so we can live in a society where you chose to work or not, if you don't then you get just enough and a bit on top, to eat and be healthy.

Tho..

Currently we are far from that, people are greedy..

Youtube science videos are often propaganda. I am familiar with the star trek like abundance theory though.

It has nothing to do with greed either, it has to do with lack of ethics and perverse incentive structures.

That star trek utopia requires a reversal of the nonadaptivity we currently have and a complete overhaul of the incentive structure. No one is working toward it either.

The only people who WANT such a system will contribute nothing toward accomplishing it. They need to get people who are intelligent, more capable than themselves and "selfless" enough to build the system that will support them. 

Thing is, those intelligent capable people dont need such a system to sustain them. They sustain themselves. So the intelligent and capable will need to be coerced, bullied or forced to provide for the incapable. 

You know, meaning its a rebrand of the welfare state as it already exists now...

treefiddy

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

A wage should be how much you’re qualified to do, with experience and qualifications. Relative to the market. E.g new Amazon wage is 15/hr, that’s a rediculous wage for packing. I’d do that in a heartbeat while other people complain.

Another thing is bus drivers here are complaining about their wage when they just drive a bus - and not at all well, at least a crash a week and can’t drive. Not even qualified to drive a bus, should be sacked.

If you’re not happy with your wage then upskill and change your job, don’t sit around waiting and asking for handouts.

46 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

I am familiar with the star trek like abundance theory though

Are you familiar with the observation that the Federation in Star Trek is a fascist government, and that they're only the good guys because the audience is told so?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Are you familiar with the observation that the Federation in Star Trek is a fascist government, and that they're only the good guys because the audience is told so?

Ive heard of it but didnt do a deep dive lol.

10 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

A wage should be how much you’re qualified to do, with experience and qualifications. Relative to the market. E.g new Amazon wage is 15/hr, that’s a rediculous wage for packing. I’d do that in a heartbeat while other people complain.

Another thing is bus drivers here are complaining about their wage when they just drive a bus - and not at all well, at least a crash a week and can’t drive. Not even qualified to drive a bus, should be sacked.

If you’re not happy with your wage then upskill and change your job, don’t sit around waiting and asking for handouts.

Someone has to mop the floors you know, but I understand that you should not demand a higher wage when you're doing a low-skilled job, the thing they most of the time complain about is that their wage is not margined within the country expenses. A bus driver in California may get bigger wage than the one in another state but life in California is expensive to begin with so his wage could "I guess" leave him barely passing the month. If there is healthier economy and low-wage jobs DO get you around the month there would be even higher paying jobs in the upper class as most of the people will just do the low ones. But then again, people will still complain about it.