Minecraft lags with 1080Ti/8600K @ 5.1GHZ

CatTNT

And my monitor resolution is 3440x1440 @75Hz. I decided to try out minecraft after not playing for 2 years or so, and its lagging at medium settings.

Render distance is 16 chunks, everything else should barely affect performance. Temps are OK, my cpu and gpu dont go above 70C under full load.

First Computer: 3440x1440 @75Hz ROG STRIX 1080 Ti Core i5 8600K @ 1.415V @ 5.08 GHz Corsair Spec 02 EVGA CLC 280mm

My 1080Ti/8086K @5.2ghz does the same thing. Welcome to minecraft, about as poorly optimized as possible.

Try upping the ram from 1GB to 4GB, this helped a bit for me.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/allocate-more-ram-minecraft-3682526/

4 minutes ago, CatTNT said:

And my monitor resolution is 3440x1440 @75Hz. I decided to try out minecraft after not playing for 2 years or so, and its lagging at medium settings.

Render distance is 16 chunks, everything else should barely affect performance. Temps are OK, my cpu and gpu dont go above 70C under full load.

Minecraft is an odd duck, it seems to like single threaded performance more than anything, but it doesn't seem to know what to do with GPUs too. I get occasional random slow downs and stutter sometimes, I tried giving it more RAM and moving it to a RAM disk, nothing really helped. 

Yours faithfully

Explain what you mean by lag. Rubber banding/teleporting due to network latency, heavy frame drops? Also, are you running a fresh offline world or are you connecting to a multiplayer server?

I don't have any issues with minecraft personally.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Please make sure your drivers and Java are up-to-date. 

welcome to Java Virtual Machine.

Probably the worst thing to make a game with. (still doable... just very hard to optimize since it runs on top of so many layers. Great that it works on everything... but that unfortunately has the con of being terribly slow)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

New minecraft shouldnt need java to run.. but it depends what minecraft version and how you are playing cause it realy actualy in some cases can be heavy on your pc...

If you have a modpack like crazyercraft you should expect lag, but you migh be lagging just cause of your internet. As an guy that has 8+ years of minecraft in him i can tell you that if you have any huge cactai farms ,a lot of items on ground and stuff like that (especialy with shaders) you are going to lag. You are probably using newest launcher, so what you need to do is go to launch options, select your version profile, open it and enable changing jvm arguments. with that done put your max at like 3 gbs (-xmx3G-) and minimum at like 2000mb (-xmn 2000M) and it should look something like this -Xmx3G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn2000M .