Older receiver not sending video to newer tv

I have a Bose lifestyle v30 system (from the late 2000s) and it will not send video to my tv. For reference I have a Hisense u8 tv that has hdmi 2.1 and 2.0. My current receiver only supports up to 1080p. I’m just trying to be able to adjust and eq the system but this is only doable through the on screen pop up the receiver sends to the tv. I have no issues getting audio from an optical cable but video I have no luck with.

So do you have a hdmi monitor or a something a good bit older?

Could be the config res is so low that the hisense just cannot display it. So you may need a older display.

Not uncommon to run into this these days

Yes I do have an older tv that I could use to try. I have read online to try to lower the resolution on the tv but of course Hisense does not allow you to lower the res in the setting.

11 minutes ago, VitalityNyx said:

Yes I do have an older tv that I could use to try. I have read online to try to lower the resolution on the tv but of course Hisense does not allow you to lower the res in the setting.

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support/articles/HC129/productCodes/lsv30/article.html

Setting Video Resolution from the system display

If Video Resolution is set to Adjustable (see above) and the resolution is set incorrectly for your TV, you might not get picture. In these cases, you can adjust the Video Resolution setting from the system display.

1. On the remote control, press the Settings button
    Tip: Be sure the system is not on the AM/FM or CD/DVD source. A resolution cannot be selected while on these sources
  2. Scroll down until >Video Res: appears on the display
  3. Scroll right so Video Res:> appears
  4. Scroll up or down to select a resolution:
    • 480/576p (lowest quality)
    • 720p
    • 1080i
    • 1080p (highest quality)

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7