I need help with troubleshooting

Hey guys, as You may have read in the title already, I need help with troubleshooting. I have built a new pc for my younger siblings. Here are the specs:

Mobo - Gigabyte Aorus elite B550m

CPU - Ryzen 7 5700X

CPU Cooler - Endorfy Fera ARGB

GPU - Palit RTX 4070 Super dual fan

PSU - MSI MAG 550W 80 Plus Bronze

RAM - Lexar Thor 16GB(2x8GB) 3200Mhz (I'll change it to two 16 gig 3600Mhz sticks)

Drive - Lexar NM620 1TB M.2

When I boot up the PC (i have installed Windows already) the PC is running but it doesn't output anything onto the monitor (yes, I have checked both the cables and the monitors, these are fine). Then i swapped GPU's with my PC (put my 3060 12GB into their computer) and it ran like a dream. Their GPU inside my PC (Ryzen 5 5600X same RAM ASRock B450M pro r.2) worked perfectly fine. The thing is my PSU is 650W, and i thought that the 550W might be not quite enough for the GPU, I have a 700W PSU lying around, but i would have to find a PCIe cable in my house somewhere. Should i try swapping out the PSU for a higher wattage one, or am i just tripping and the problem doesn't seem PSU related at all? Thanks for any help in advance.

Just to be clear, they/you are plugging the hdmi cable into their gpu and not their motherboard, right? 

Also, how did you install windows? Did this problem occur only after you finished the windows installation process?

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

4 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

Just to be clear, they/you are plugging the hdmi cable into their gpu and not their motherboard, right? 

Also, how did you install windows? Did this problem occur only after you finished the windows installation process?

1. Yep, it's plugged into the GPU.

2. Used a bootable USB drive to do it. And the problem occured before installing too, i had to replace the ram cuz the previous one was faulty, but for everything to work i had to use my GPU.

Are you connecting to the 4070 Super via DP or HDMI?

Is the board running the latest BIOS?

There's a firmware update available for I think most 3000/4000 cards which can be needed with display issues, but they're mainly present in DP, though I have seen the firmware update fix a black screen HDMI too.

1 minute ago, Tetras said:

Are you connecting to the 4070 Super via DP or HDMI?

Is the board running the latest BIOS?

There's a firmware update available for I think most 3000/4000 cards which can be needed with display issues, but they're mainly present in DP, though I have seen the firmware update fix a black screen HDMI too.

I have tried both DP and HDMI, didn't update the BIOS though. I'll try it later and share the results.