Where to find cheap / used parts cheap

iLostMyXbox21

Im poor, lol. Where can i find pc parts (idc if they are used, as long as they work) that are cheap. Im not talking 5$ off, neither am i asking where to get parts with broken peices. Where csn i get parts that are functional but yet cheap 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Ebay? xD

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Craigslist?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Craigslist?

Oof, i need opinions on that, have you used craigslist?

35 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Oof, i need opinions on that, have you used craigslist?

More reliable than ebay...

Also you can test it in person first before buying.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

More reliable than ebay...

Also you can test it in person first before buying.

I disagree with this. At least if you deal with a scammer on ebay you have a way to get your money back. You don't have protection when using Craiglist.

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I disagree with this. At least if you deal with a scammer on ebay you have a way to get your money back. You don't have protection when using Craiglist.

It's called seeing the physical product and testing it before buying, which you can't do on ebay.

Also with ebay you can't always get your money back, look at all the stories of the sellers refusing refunds and ebay/paypal siding with them.

My point is that far more scams and dead hardware is sold on ebay than craigslist.

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It's called seeing the physical product and testing it before buying, which you can't do on ebay.

Also with ebay you can't always get your money back, look at all the stories of the sellers refusing refunds and ebay/paypal siding with them.

My point is that far more scams and dead hardware is sold on ebay than craigslist.

I would disagree with this still. It is far easier to be scammed with craiglist with little to no action you can take. The overwhelming majority of trades are done at a public location where testing a pc component would not be very feesible. You can look at it, you can smell it, but unless you are going to bring a massive power converter/generator and all of the stuff required to test it... then you will be out of luck.

Now when it comes to ebay, yes there have been horror stories, but what percentage of overall transactions do they make up? They are less than 1% of all disputes and in most cases are related to some fine print that was not read. Even still you know who the seller was and can still take them to small claims or civil court. Once again you have options in this scenario. Craiglist you can be completely anonymous. They might see what I look like, but if I never give them a name or use a communication method that ties back to me... then they have no recourse. This is what most scammers do. They can use a throw away email, use a Google voice number, and just never give a correct name or a name at all if they want.

I have seen more people who have been on forums upset over being sold a dead GPU for $250-300 that had no sign of damage and just didn't post when used. So unless that same cards on ebay said it was dead and just for parts... then ebay/paypal would refund the money.

4 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I would disagree with this still. It is far easier to be scammed with craiglist with little to no action you can take. The overwhelming majority of trades are done at a public location where testing a pc component would not be very feesible. You can look at it, you can smell it, but unless you are going to bring a massive power converter/generator and all of the stuff required to test it... then you will be out of luck.

Now when it comes to ebay, yes there have been horror stories, but what percentage of overall transactions do they make up? They are less than 1% of all disputes and in most cases are related to some fine print that was not read. Even still you know who the seller was and can still take them to small claims or civil court. Once again you have options in this scenario. Craiglist you can be completely anonymous. They might see what I look like, but if I never give them a name or use a communication method that ties back to me... then they have no recourse. This is what most scammers do. They can use a throw away email, use a Google voice number, and just never give a correct name or a name at all if they want.

I have seen more people who have been on forums upset over being sold a dead GPU for $250-300 that had no sign of damage and just didn't post when used. So unless that same cards on ebay said it was dead and just for parts... then ebay/paypal would refund the money.

True, as long as it says “new” or “used” and the description (which i always read) does not say for parts only, the will most likely refund if it is not functional.. as long as it is within the.. 30 day warranty i think it is.... not sure, but most things come with a warranty

Check your local recycling center and see if they have any way for you to get equipment. I know in some larger metropolitan areas PC recycling centers are a thing. A friend has one near him in Kent, WA and I love going there. Scored a 4 port gigabit PCI-Express card for $20 for my NAS.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

2 minutes ago, Gikero said:

Check your local recycling center and see if they have any way for you to get equipment. I know in some larger metropolitan areas PC recycling centers are a thing. A friend has one near him in Kent, WA and I love going there. Scored a 4 port gigabit PCI-Express card for $20 for my NAS.

I forgot about recycled parts, thanks

5 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Where can i find pc parts (idc if they are used, as long as they work) that are cheap.

I've bought dozens of both new and used parts off eBay many times without any issues whatsoever. Just make sure you talk to sellers about things before buying. The more response the better. Always check their feedback as well.

8 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Im poor, lol. Where can i find pc parts (idc if they are used, as long as they work) that are cheap. Im not talking 5$ off, neither am i asking where to get parts with broken peices. Where csn i get parts that are functional but yet cheap 

Colleges and universities.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

wish.com if you want to get scammed xD

I like ebay

Lol  i saw a 1060 3gb for 70$ on wish

2 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Colleges and universities.

You mean ask for their pc parts?

1 hour ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

You mean ask for their pc parts?

They usually have a store to sell of excess or aging parts, most universities in my area have old workstations with i5 2400s

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

7 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

They usually have a store to sell of excess or aging parts, most universities in my area have old workstations with i5 2400s

Oh cool

9 hours ago, Grayson Pollard said:

Australia.

Like, shop for parts on australian websites or go there?

On 9/10/2018 at 9:58 AM, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Ebay, cragslist, facebook market place, or try some resaerching around your local area for pc shops. (that can be hard though, my town has none nearby) 

Local Facebook bst 

2 hours ago, atomburst said:

Ebay, cragslist, facebook market place, or try some resaerching around your local area for pc shops. (that can be hard though, my town has none nearby) 

Okay thanks