Solution to get people to post in the right section instead of dumping everything in General Discussion.

SSOB

So lately many ''newbs'' and even some veterans post the topic in the wrong section like General Discussion , just because of it's phisical position ( First topic) So my solution is to put buttons on top of the site to actually make it more easy to decide where your topic must go. This will improve the ''archiving'' of the forum and maybe even some Under-Moderators in the deisred section  ( E.g. @Ghost as Under-Mod in Watercooling section , or @WoodenMarker in New Builds and planning ) 

( The example given is just for illustrative purpouses as i just made a quick draft for what i have in mind :)

I Have attached the files and also the photoshop file if anybody want to get creative ( Sorry for the messy layers!)

So what do you guys think?

post-4234-0-69299100-1388692976_thumb.pn

Ltt Buttons Reccomendation.psd

Interested in Business and Technology

Oh the irony, wrong section :)

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

This sounds like a good idea and I support it but I doubt it will make people use their brains before they post something, it's not like the forum is hard to figure out like it is now.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I believe you were supposed to dump this into the "Forum Features & Suggestions" thread...

But nonetheless, it looks okay. I don't really think people will take the time just to click something where they can go "oh hey "General Discussion", I'll just put it there!"

I believe you were supposed to dump this into the "Forum Features & Suggestions" thread...

But nontheless, it looks okay.

irony. its drowning in it.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

like the idea, the threads need to be more defined and we need more threads :D

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

But nonetheless, it looks okay. I don't really think people will take the time just to click something where they can go "oh hey "General Discussion", I'll just put it there!"

Yes i know but that section is really dead...

It doesn't matter, that is what makes people post here because other sections are dead

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

@LinusTech

@Slick

@ all of the mods. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

6861665259_55b341be24_z.jpeg

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

I'm always hoping for this feature, looks easier to search, not that I ever post on the wrong section.

i love how you are just as bad as the people you are complaining about, that is exactly why they post here, because general discussion is the most active, if you want instant response you just throw all the threads in here, that's why alot of people don't bother going into the other sections, and most of the people who should see it is in the forum features and suggestions thread.

either way!, i like the idea, it could be cool, save some space and possibly make the forum more efficient to browse, that's only if we don't end up with a pile of like 30 stickers on the top page though...

If they can't read the topic headings down the side of the page how are they going to read them across the top?  I believe the best way to stop lazy people posting in general is to give the mods an automated feature so that one click deletes the thread outright and sends a pm to the OP explaining that it's in the wrong spot and if they want to start a new thread in the right section it won't get deleted.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Close the general discussion section? There is already a Off Topic section.

People please stop complaining , it's not irony that i have posted it here , if i were to post it in the suggestions forum nobody would have noticed!

People please stop complaining , it's not irony that i have posted it here , if i were to post it in the suggestions forum nobody would have noticed!

Which is why everyone else does it, that and the features and suggestions thread is watched by the mods so it won't get ignored.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Which is why everyone else does it, that and the features and suggestions thread is watched by the mods so it won't get ignored.

Yes but that is why i came up with this solution , come on is it that hard to understand what i did here!

Yes but that is why i came up with this solution , come on is it that hard to understand what i did here!

not hard at all, we all understand perfectly, we are just saying it is exactly the same reason most others do and that makes it ironic.

not hard at all, we all understand perfectly, we are just saying it is exactly the same reason most others do and that makes it ironic.

No i am not talking about the solution , i'm talking about why i posted my topic here. See what i did here , the placement of the topic serves a double purpouse pretty much.

No i am not talking about the solution , i'm talking about why i posted my topic here. See what i did here , the placement of the topic serves a double purpouse pretty much.

facepalm-card.jpg

Thats one of the problems with all the subforums. When your thread is in general discussion, you get a lot more replys back compared to it being in the correct section. Hell, when I go on ltt, I really only check General, Off-Topic, and Networking.

Thats one of the problems with all the subforums. When your thread is in general discussion, you get a lot more replys back compared to it being in the correct section. Hell, when I go on ltt, I really only check General, Off-Topic, and Networking.

Adding on to this.

and someone else will do that too but check GPU's instead of networking, and someone else will check cooling,  If you want the most relevant response to your question you will get it from the sub forum because that is were the most educated enthusiast hang out.  In the general forum  you'll get a lot of replies but not much real help.  Like this thread, we are all talking about how ironic it is and why a post gets more replies here, but that's it. If it were in the suggestions forum the mods would have looked at it, and a few people who are actually interested in solving these issues will have put in there 2 cents, rather than just a bunch of general replies that mean little.