ASUS Awkwardly releases their first AIOs

Armakar

ASUS highlighted two sets of coolers back at Computex, which are now being more officially announced by ASUS themselves and some of the coolers are now available for preordering.

The two models of coolers being released are the "Ryuo" and the "Ryujin" AIO coolers, which appear to be mostly similar with a few differences.

The "Ryuo" series is the less expensive of the two, and has the following features:

• topped by a 1.77" OLED screen
  • addressable, aura sync ready RGB LEDs at the base of the block
  • copper block topped with aluminium and an aluminium radiator
  • sleeved rubber tubing
  • ROG Ryuo Fan model 12 fans

The Ryuo series isn't available in many places yet, but as far as I can tell it will come in (at least) the following sizes:

•  Rog Ryuo - 120mm preordering at £129.95
  •  Rog Ryuo - 240mm preordering at £159.95

image.jpeg.45225e55439565bce8ff4d37d5664eb6.jpeg 

The more-expensive "Ryujin" series comes with a larger, square block sporting similar features:
(Quote from Asus' site)

• 1.77” color OLED for real-time system stats and personalized logos or animations
  • Embedded microfan helps to cool VRM and M.2 area by up to 20°C
  • Quality Noctua Industrial PPC PWM fans deliver high airflow and minimal noise
  • ROG Vortex one-stop control center for lighting, OLED display, and cooling
  • Individually addressable RGB and NCVM coating pump cover accentuates the sleek, modern aesthetics
  • Styled to complement ROG motherboards, at the center stage of your build
  • Reinforced, sleeved tubing for increased durability

Again, it is not for certain, but currently the only seen Ryujin coolers on Asus' website are the following:

•  Rog Ryujin - 240mm - no price yet
  •  Rog Ryujin - 360mm - no price yet

image.jpeg.fb8d660c7c4f2400354ec1695f1268c8.jpeg

The awkward part is the "release" - ASUS have announced the coolers and posted them on their website, but many of the product pages are broken and are dead ends, such as this page showing nothing and  the "Ryuo" series page only shows "Ryujin" items.

Additionally, it is unclear whether the "cheaper" Ryuo series will be built using Noctua's fans, as the preorder page states nothing about using Noctua products or research, and the fans have ROG logos on them. The Ryujin cooler on the other hand states on the official website that it uses Noctua's top of the line fans.

In my opinion, these coolers don't look like anything spectacular. The addition of Noctua fans might be cool but I don't think Asus has displayed anything we haven't seen in virtually every AIO on the market. I think this mostly panders to people who have an AURA setup, as this does fit in well with other ASUS products, and there certainly is a lack of Aura-sync coolers on the market, other than less-trusted brands like Deepcool and Cooler master. Asus has done a good job in finding a gap in the market, a high end- aura ready cooler.

The price is pretty steep - the "Ryuo" series looks to top the market with NZXT in terms of pricing, and the "Ryujin" series is expected to be even more expensive, so these may be the most expensive AIOs we have seen yet. That said, ASUS does and always has made top of the line products, so expect quality from this cooler. The tubing looks quality, and the pump is totally metal, so I don't see any quality issues here.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

Tempted to get one for it's aesthetics. Those displays > the display on Maximus X Formula ;P

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

Gosh, will people actually pay a premium for having tiny LCDs on their waterblock

Seriously, the world has gone wild.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

In partnership with Noctua? Does that mean it uses Noctua fans?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

All I want are Hybrid Strix cards.  Come on ASUS! 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

In partnership with Noctua? Does that mean it uses Noctua fans?

ROG Ryujin all-in-one liquid CPU cooler with color OLED, Aura Sync RGB and Noctua iPPC 2000 PWM 120mm radiator fan

TL;DR  Yes

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, Velcade said:

All I want are Hybrid Strix cards.  Come on ASUS! 

CompassionateLateHorseshoebat-small.gif

If this becomes a thing.....

14 minutes ago, Velcade said:

ROG Ryujin all-in-one liquid CPU cooler with color OLED, Aura Sync RGB and Noctua iPPC 2000 PWM 120mm radiator fan

TL;DR  Yes

If the prices are solid this could be a really good cooler.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

What’s with the new names? This one sounds like a crappy Russian toilet paper. 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

17 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

If the prices are solid this could be a really good cooler.

They aren't. The 240mm Ryuo (which is the lower tier of the 2 models) is £160 on OCUK, not including shipping. I've had a lot of experience with OCUK and usuallly they are around £10 to preorder, £20 at most. That means you can expect £140 for a 240mm cooler, which is first gen and may have oversights that may not deduct from quality but usage, that's to be expected when two companies who have never made AIOs make an AIO. For less than £120, you can get the Corsair H115i PRO, which uses the latest Asetek pump design, has excellent fans and it's 6th gen coming from an excellent company.

The cooler looks great and if I'm honest I think it could very well be a top-tier first cooler like EVGA released, but EVGA didn't release their first cooler with such a huge price tag (infact it was the best price-performance cooler imo). Ontop of that, EVGA's customer service (which is important for AIO buyers) is FAR better than Asus'.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

Using Noctua fans could provide a very slight improvement over stock AIO cooling, but I doubt it would be that much of an improvement. If they're using Asetek pumps then cooling will be within a few degrees of the few dozen other AIOs out there using the same pump.

1 hour ago, Djole123 said:

Gosh, will people actually pay a premium for having tiny LCDs on their waterblock

i think many people will. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

@Armakar you post does not quite meet the guidelines for posting in the Tech News Section.

Please review the Posting Guidelines and update appropriately.

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

What your missing is quotes placed in quote boxes as I have done with my quote above.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 hours ago, Djole123 said:

ask any Kraken owner about that lmao

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

For the lower end model, they're a similar price to the NZXT coolers. Assuming the screen has good software, I think it'll give NZXT pretty solid competition.

For the higher end ones, its a design you usually only see with custom loops. That, and the Noctua fans, which are 20-30 dollars each depending on which ones they are. They could price it at 200+ dollars and I think people would still buy it for high end builds.

I think that these will sell well only because of the ROG branding. First, every single reviewer on the web will get paid to cover these. Second, PC builders will want to match their Asus motherboard with their cooler.

Needs 280 version though. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

21 hours ago, Djole123 said:

we have RGB cables(close enough, anyways) now, so this was bound to happen eventually :S

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

A little expensive but... if you consider that 2 noctua fans are around 60$ it's not that bad of a deal.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

We are putting screens in our coolers now, huh?

Cool.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

On 9/1/2018 at 12:57 AM, GatioH said:

Just give it a Japanese sounding name and people will flock to it

That is a Japanese name. They've mentioned how to say it during the live stream. Too bad 99% of the audience over there, is like not responsive, and chat is cringing about Asus CEO and his leather jacket. 

Here is the live stream and what that name means.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list