RTX 2080 TI Leaked $1000!

Fasterthannothing
1 minute ago, Swatson said:

Where are you getting that number from I haven't seen anything yet

There was a leak that came out just this weekend, though the first hint of the numbers cropped up randomly in July. But I worked it backwards from the leak AdoredTV got, as most of that was confirmed. With 23 SMs and 2944 CUDA cores on the 2080, it wasn't too hard to work it backwards. It'll have 18 SMs. The interesting question is if it's the same die as the 2080, or if it's actually the full version of the die they cut down for the 2060/2050. 

Given all of the 1080s sitting at 449 USD right now, the 2070 will launch at 499USD, I would guess. Nvidia is going to maintain their Cost Per Performance structure.

2 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Given all of the 1080s sitting at 449 USD right now, the 2070 will launch at 499USD, I would guess. Nvidia is going to maintain their Cost Per Performance structure.

Greedy fucks, they should be fire-saleing pascal like they normally would be but AMD fucked up real good this time. If they dont pull out MCM Navi we're fucked for atleast another 2 years

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

4 minutes ago, Swatson said:

Greedy fucks, they should be fire-saleing pascal like they normally would be but AMD fucked up real good this time. If they dont pull out MCM Navi we're fucked for atleast another 2 years

AMD can't produce RX Vegas at the MSRP because of the demand on HBM2, and Nvidia is a big part of that demand. So, those Volta designs are also keeping AMD's high-end gaming GPU pricing uncompetitive. Nvidia works very hard to make sure AMD can't undercut their margins really hard.

7 minutes ago, Swatson said:

Most Analysts are pretty convinced this'll be a short generation. Nvidia is going to die-shrink Turing to 7nm with some minor tweaks in 12-18 months. That's more than likely the "Ampere" we kept hearing about. Turing & Ampere are going to be extremely similar, since it makes a lot of sense to just die-shrink and add some more SMs while shrinking.

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

AMD can't produce RX Vegas at the MSRP because of the demand on HBM2, and Nvidia is a big part of that demand. So, those Volta designs are also keeping AMD's high-end gaming GPU pricing uncompetitive. Nvidia works very hard to make sure AMD can't undercut their margins really hard.

Even at MSRP Vega doesn't compete. I don't have any faith even 7nm monolithic Navi will compete with 2080ti but even if it can, Nvidia will drop Ampere just after. I think MCM Navi is our only hope for AMD and Nvidia having anything close to a real competition until Intel puts up or shuts up

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Just now, Swatson said:

Even at MSRP Vega doesn't compete. I don't have any faith even 7nm monolithic Navi will compete with 2080ti but even if it can, Nvidia will drop Ampere just after. I think MCM Navi is our only hope for AMD and Nvidia having anything close to a real competition until Intel puts up or shuts up

Depends what AMD can get out of Navi with their last go at GCN. MCM for Gaming isn't happening with GCN, but I highly expect it in the next generation. Though I full expect the Radeon Pro Duo to come out with a real MCM design in 2020.

AMD only needs to compete up through the 2070 anyway.

3 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Nah.  If they release a new product after the 2070, they need to compete where the 3070 will be.  Aiming for the 2070 means they'll get buried by NVidia (again).

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Depends what AMD can get out of Navi with their last go at GCN. MCM for Gaming isn't happening with GCN, but I highly expect it in the next generation. Though I full expect the Radeon Pro Duo to come out with a real MCM design in 2020.

Nah fuck that, competing only on price/perf lowers mindshare because their "halo" product is basically shit in comparison. If we want less gameworks only games and more games that run equally well on both companies cards, AMD needs to return to the high end. I did read something david wang (RTG) said about MCM being a real problem for gaming because of latencies and such, and suggesting it may not ever come to gaming...which worries me

33 minutes ago, Swatson said:

I did read something david wang (RTG) said about MCM being a real problem for gaming because of latencies and such, and suggesting it may not ever come to gaming...which worries me

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd-navi-monolithic-gpu-design

Nvidia pulling another fast one. Uping the price by a whole grade.

Titan pricing now XX80ti pricing

XX80ti pricing now XX80 pricing.

I wonder how many people are suddenly going to be ok effectivly spending as much money as if they had bougth a Titan in the past becouse that price is now connected to the top end 'consumer' card as opposed to the epeen Titan name -.-

IF, and its big IF, i decide to upgrade my GPU ill be damned if im getting dupped into spending Titan money for a XX80ti card, Nvidia can shove it where the sun dont shine, infact if AMD's offering is any good i might jump ship. Nvidia is has gotten to greedy.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

50 minutes ago, Swatson said:

yeah they have alot of work for mcm like designs

they prolly need to design something like lucid hydra chips to be used and then software/drivers for it

23 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Nvidia pulling another fast one. Uping the price by a whole grade.

Titan pricing now XX80ti pricing

XX80ti pricing now XX80 pricing.

I wonder how many people are suddenly going to be ok effectivly spending as much money as if they had bougth a Titan in the past becouse that price is now connected to the top end 'consumer' card as opposed to the epeen Titan name -.-

IF, and its big IF, i decide to upgrade my GPU ill be damned if im getting dupped into spending Titan money for a XX80ti card, Nvidia can shove it where the sun dont shine, infact if AMD's offering is any good i might jump ship. Nvidia is has gotten to greedy.

I always laugh at this

no competition in that price bracket blame nvidia for that

higher ram prices blame nvidia for that

releasing new product blame nvidia for that

also many buy 750 plus phones every year for what bigger screen slightly faster cpu lol

On 8/18/2018 at 1:32 AM, TahoeDust said:

As soon as EVGA drops their 2080ti Hybrid....I'm in.

Me too... hybrid coolers FTW

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

I remember the 1080 at £649 right until the 1080ti came along at £649....

Seems like they figured it doesn’t matter anymore we want all the monies.

Im like 80% sure this is so they keep the profitability cryptomining gave them without cryptomining being a big thing anymore.

Profits not increasing every year makes sad shareholders ?

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:32 AM, TahoeDust said:

This is what I'm waiting on too. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

4 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

As much as this is a "new" generation, it appears they're just going to price-slot it in at a higher level, keeping a relative Cost Per Performance metric.

no competition

On 8/18/2018 at 1:32 AM, TahoeDust said:

will be $1350 they are charging $1250 for Ultra card and Kingpin will be $1500

4 minutes ago, Jaggsta said:

will be $1350 they are charging $1250 for Ultra card and Kingpin will be $1500

Gotta pay to play.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB