Huawei Passes Apple in Smartphone Share for the First Time

ItsMitch
3 minutes ago, asus killer said:

Amazing spin from the Apple crowd. But more market share means more power to negotiate. Great job Huawei and i guess people are starting to open their eyes from the Apple nonsense.

have you been following the Apple news at all? is it that uncalled or unexpected really

I have been off the grid so I have no idea, but its always been like this here pretty much.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

7 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Also, why this forum still cancerous when it comes to anything Apple? I mean seriously people .. 

Because something something Apple devil Google good.

Or, more realistically, despising a company entirely rather than being genuine with them is easier. I don't really care to delve too much with either Apple or Google, but they both have good products and bad products.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Because something something Apple devil Google good.

Or, more realistically, despising a company entirely rather than being genuine with them is easier. I don't really care to delve too much with either Apple or Google, but they both have good products and bad products.

To be fair, since Android is more open with things like APKs and File Systems, I'd expect a technical forum to prefer the Android side of things. But, sometimes it becomes an obsession, and it's quite scary. Sorta like r/Cars and their daily Tesla did X or lost X posts.

Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

To be fair, since Android is more open with things like APKs and File Systems, I'd expect a technical forum to prefer the Android side of things. But, sometimes it becomes an obsession, and it's quite scary. Sorta like r/Cars and their daily Tesla did X or lost X posts.

With a lot of people it is obsession.

I've always maintained that I wouldn't talk shit about Android as I've never been able to give it a fair chance, but many people here hardly use iOS and trash talk it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

13 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

With a lot of people it is obsession.

I've always maintained that I wouldn't talk shit about Android as I've never been able to give it a fair chance, but many people here hardly use iOS and trash talk it.

I have always been pro android and I am force to use an iphone at work. I trash talk it because some ways are so bass ackwards to getting a task done or make literally no sense. I have tried to give it a chance. 

1 hour ago, asus killer said:

Amazing spin from the Apple crowd. But more market share means more power to negotiate. Great job Huawei and i guess people are starting to open their eyes from the Apple nonsense.

have you been following the Apple news at all? is it that uncalled or unexpected really

More competition is a very good thing. I think some people have also been realizing there are other phones out there that aren't the overpriced flagships from Apple or Samsung.

Not really unexpected either, even after stuff like bendgate,fragile build quality,and awful keyboards in their laptops, sadly most ignore the news and keep buying more.

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

Also, why this forum still cancerous when it comes to anything Apple? I mean seriously people .. 

We're not, we're calling them out for their bullshit, like removing a feature a lot of people use (headphone jack) or designing products that break from dust or don't work properly out of the box

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

18 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I was thinking more along the lines of essentially eventing a few categories and setting industry wide trends and innovations that have made smartphones are great as they are today. Regardless of how you feel about them. 

I think they did most of that a long time ago. The only note worthy things that have been doing as of late are usually negative. 

3 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

More competition is a very good thing. I think some people have also been realizing there are other phones out there that aren't the overpriced flagships from Apple or Samsung.

Not really unexpected either, even after stuff like bendgate,fragile build quality,and awful keyboards in their laptops, sadly most ignore the news and keep buying more.

Honestly I only use my phone for GPS, texting, calling, and reading this forum. Most flagship phones don't offer anything useful over much cheaper phones. I think phones have become powerful enough to where Most flagship phones are overpriced and don't really add much benefit. 

Well, Apple has huge margins, I think we have established that.

Just unsure why some people seem to like apple exactly for that. I mean,.. that is awesome if you are the company. But why do consumers buy something because of a huge margin? Just, you know, get the same thing for half the price? Or better yet, buy two and make your significant other happy as well. That should be more enjoyment then making Apple happy.

This isn't surprising to me for a couple reasons.

1. Apple has had the same boring design since the 6. Don't tell me that the X is totally different because it's NOT. Same design all around, except with an edge to notch to edge screen (lol). Until Apple can change their design like Samsung has done, people will start changing. Then again, some people are so brain dead stuck on Apple that it might not even matter. Bend gate wasn't enough. Slowing down older devices through software wasn't enough. THERMAL THROTTLING their Macbooks wasn't even enough. Hell, comments on iJustine's video was still, "I'm going to buy the i5 model for video editing". It's hilarious because people hear that Macbook Pro's and these devices are for PRO users. But don't always understand a single thing about specs.

2. Huawei has been making very good quality phones. OnePlus was one thing, but man, this Chinese brand is sticking their pelvis out and smiling. I feel like they are going to be great to watch over the next few years.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

20 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

PetroChina called, they'd like you to know that they already hit $1t in 2007

That was an incorrect market in evaluation, its stock dropped by a huge amount very soon later, its basically

20 hours ago, Noctus said:

East India Trading Company from the 1600s called, said their 7.9 trillion still hasn't been beat yet.

.Cmon you know what I mean.

20 hours ago, Arika S said:

i would not say that's not a positive thing though.

They got well above predicted sales and are having very steady growth, theres almost nothing that can stop them from reaching 1 trillion unless the market crashes, and the results of that would be much much more disastrous than Apple not reaching an evaluation of 1 trillion. 

20 hours ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

One-upping you and proving @Clanscorpia) double wrong

The only semi reasonable example was the East India Company, which was basically an unregulated de facto state that basically owned the East Indies. Thats like if Apple literally owned the parts of China that produce its products, so really its a pretty bad example.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

And just in, they did reach a market valuation of 1 trillion

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

This isn't the first time, it's like the second or third time they usually go back and forth, In terms of revenue/proft Apple's a mile ahead. One issue Apple has is offering developing nations a low cost option, they've tried with the iPhone SE but they haven't updated it in some time. Samsung is at the #1 smartphone manufacturer spot, but the S9 didn't even sell 10 million units in Q2, they kept their spot because they offer so many low cost alternatives.

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

And just in, they did reach a market valuation of 1 trillion

Not actually true, an error in Apple Stocks *puts on tinfoil hat*

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

3 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

Cmon you know what I mean.

Still doesn't change the fact it was a company and highly profited from moving shit back and forth across the seas. Being one throughout the British empire obviously helped that since they controlled a vast portion of the world, but it was still a private company for 170 odd years until the government effectively took over.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

On 8/2/2018 at 1:00 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

The US dosen't ban shit without good reason very often

Well, given obama overturned an ITC order banning iphone imports citing competitive conditions and economic reasons, It wouldn't surprise me if they banned hawaui for the same "competitive and economic" reasons.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

10 hours ago, Noctus said:

Still doesn't change the fact it was a company and highly profited from moving shit back and forth across the seas. Being one throughout the British empire obviously helped that since they controlled a vast portion of the world, but it was still a private company for 170 odd years until the government effectively took over.

A company that did things that would cause companies nowadays to be literally destroyed by international governments, they are a bad example in every way

Spoiler

AXIOM

On 8/1/2018 at 10:34 PM, RorzNZ said:

I'm making a joke because it's alleged the Chinese government use ZTE and Huawei phones to spy on the user. 

They are really great phones though, just have to handle them carefully like any other phone and they will last a while. Hard to find places to repair them though. 

A repair shop told me it would take over 4 months to repair the cracked back glass of my Honor 8....

23 minutes ago, jefire411 said:

A repair shop told me it would take over 4 months to rapair the cracked back glass of my Honor 8....

Big oof. Go to a better repair shop

She/they 

7 hours ago, jefire411 said:

A repair shop told me it would take over 4 months to repair the cracked back glass of my Honor 8....

They have supply problems then.

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

They have supply problems then.

Or probably had no idea what my phone was and they just gave a ridiculous amount of time to repair it to figure out what it is. Only other guy I've seen that uses this phone is oddly a Geek Squad employee I met a few months ago. Other than that, no one knows of Huawei/Honor.

1 hour ago, jefire411 said:

Or probably had no idea what my phone was and they just gave a ridiculous amount of time to repair it to figure out what it is. Only other guy I've seen that uses this phone is oddly a Geek Squad employee I met a few months ago. Other than that, no one knows of Huawei/Honor.

Yeah I owned a Huawei for a while, great phone but had to find a tiny shop to fix it for not cheap - ended up getting a new phone.

On 02/08/2018 at 9:40 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

We're not, we're calling them out for their bullshit, like removing a feature a lot of people use (headphone jack) or designing products that break from dust or don't work properly out of the box

There is a difffernce between calling them on their bullshit and having daily flame wars and thinking Apple users are some sort of cult.

Pascal laptops guide

is it only huawei or does it include honor?

now if only the first and second market share leaders could actually make decent phones to begin with, that would be nice.

but I guess some are just more than happy to be the McDonald's of the industry.

Maybe one day I'll find the fancy restaurant that serves burgers equivalent

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>