AMD Announces Mantle Is Delayed – BF4 Patch Now Expected in Jan 2014

mgsstar

youre missing my point. I meant that bf4 on launchday, when it was supposed to be finished, was as worse, as dayz is in alpha. Of course, things have improved, but when you launch with a bad game, it takes even longer to make it good.

Loading times of up to one minute loading off a 7200rpm hdd.

Roughly 1 out of 2 servers cant be connected to at first attempt, not just by me, by serveral of my mates all over europe. So 1 out of 2 times you cant even start the game.

Servers are running with a tickrate of 30 and clients with a tickrate of 10. There is no match you dont "trade" in with another player. Eventhough dice sayd the "trading" had been fixed. 

The sensitivity while ads to several scopes is just messed up and is no relation to the magnification.

You have 2 seconds of blackscreen every time you spawn, where enemies can see you and can wait for your spawn protection to disappear.

Levolution can kill you, even if you are not even getting hit by anything.

Weapons are very similar with some exceptions like the Magnum that is just unplayable.

UCAV ans SUAV, no explanation needed.

The supression, that just sets your scope 5cm away from target.

Maps are unoptimized for certain gamemodes, even just outright unplayable in Rush (f.e. Dawnbreaker defender)

Instant vehicle spawn.

Overpowered AA.

Too fast levelup.

I could go on and on, but I have better things to do.

1. Yes loading times are a little long. Although 30-60 seconds out of a 30 minute match isn't much to be worried about.

2. That's anecdotal evidence, not actual proof. I've never had trouble connecting to a server.

3. They didn't say it had been fixed, they know trading still happens and they've acknowledged that. Happens once every few matches.

4. Agreed, there needs to be an option at least to disable it. However I haven't noticed it affecting my aim.

5. This is intended, so you can't kill people whilst you're invincible. In-case you haven't noticed if someone is under fire and you're about to spawn on them the little screen in the deployment section says WARNING!

6. Agreed, the large scale destruction is cool but it's been executed poorly.

7. Personally haven't had a problem with that. Every gun has its pros and cons and each class of gun is very much different from the other, not really sure what you're talking about.

8. After the patch they're fine. You can only get one kill with each before they blow up.

9. The suppression is a huge improvement from BF3, at least you have a chance to correct yourself now instead of being suppressed and then literally having to hide or die.

10. Agreed, some maps are trash for certain game modes. Luckily the only game mode I ever play is Conquest, so I've enjoyed every map.

11. Only on servers that have it enabled, which isn't many, for Australia at least. The exact same as BF3.

12. Not really, they're easy to take down. And only 2 AA vehicles usually spawn on each map every few minutes (depending which points you have capped). Just get someone in a tank or an engi/recon to prioritize them and you literally don't have to deal with AA the entire game.

13. This is a personal opinion. I for one am of the opinion that leveling should be removed from all FPS games, so I don't mind getting it out of the way quickly.

As I said before, far from unplayable. The game is very much in working order with a few bugs left, not saying those bugs aren't annoying or don't need to be fixed but I'm happy with the game as of right now.

mantle is done and ready, there have been demos of it in action in a game engine. (look for oxide studios mantle demo) because of this and the delayment of BF4 work beyond fixing stuff, it's pretty clear the fault lies within EA saying DICE can do things they can't.

Mantle isn't finished it's a never ending process of optimization.

It has to get build into the engine which takes time.

The more time they put into it the bigger the performance boost gets.

Also it's not the Battlefield 4 dev team that is working on Mantle it's the Frostbite Engine Dev Team.

They're not implementing it into BF4 but into Frostbite 3.

Every new Frostbite 3 game will have native Mantle support.

RTX2070OC 

*checks calender* YOU DON'T SAY?!

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Perpetual postponement. BS. Oh, and no one gives a crap about g sync. Why pay for something you can basically do yourself w/ software for free. 

you cant do what g-sync does with just software. there is allot more to it than that

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

mantle is done and ready, there have been demos of it in action in a game engine. (look for oxide studios mantle demo) because of this and the delayment of BF4 work beyond fixing stuff, it's pretty clear the fault lies within EA saying DICE can do things they can't.

So if its done and ready, where is it... I haven't seen a game I can play it with? Its all theory until we have something in our hands. Period. Mantle is supposed to make developing easier. If there is a delay, I put the blame on both, not one. Period, end of story. To blame Mantle alone is wrong. To blame EA alone is wrong. If two people are working on a school project together and its not done on time... who gets the zero? No matter whose fault, both do. Thats the way the real world works. Not the imaginary world.

Well don't say it's 'barley playable' when it's very much playable.

1. Yes loading times are a little long. Although 30-60 seconds out of a 30 minute match isn't much to be worried about.

2. That's anecdotal evidence, not actual proof. I've never had trouble connecting to a server.

3. They didn't say it had been fixed, they know trading still happens and they've acknowledged that. Happens once every few matches.

4. Agreed, there needs to be an option at least to disable it. However I haven't noticed it affecting my aim.

5. This is intended, so you can't kill people whilst you're invincible. In-case you haven't noticed if someone is under fire and you're about to spawn on them the little screen in the deployment section says WARNING!

6. Agreed, the large scale destruction is cool but it's been executed poorly.

7. Personally haven't had a problem with that. Every gun has its pros and cons and each class of gun is very much different from the other, not really sure what you're talking about.

8. After the patch they're fine. You can only get one kill with each before they blow up.

9. The suppression is a huge improvement from BF3, at least you have a chance to correct yourself now instead of being suppressed and then literally having to hide or die.

10. Agreed, some maps are trash for certain game modes. Luckily the only game mode I ever play is Conquest, so I've enjoyed every map.

11. Only on servers that have it enabled, which isn't many, for Australia at least. The exact same as BF3.

12. Not really, they're easy to take down. And only 2 AA vehicles usually spawn on each map every few minutes (depending which points you have capped). Just get someone in a tank or an engi/recon to prioritize them and you literally don't have to deal with AA the entire game.

13. This is a personal opinion. I for one am of the opinion that leveling should be removed from all FPS games, so I don't mind getting it out of the way quickly.

As I said before, far from unplayable. The game is very much in working order with a few bugs left, not saying those bugs aren't annoying or don't need to be fixed but I'm happy with the game as of right now.

gg im outa here

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

What in BF4 is broken? I see this crap all the time and I'm still dumbfounded. I remember queuing was broken and some people had crashes to desktop, but really, am I missing something? I play a few hours every couple of days, and everything seems to work like every other shooter.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Atleast they didn't release it unfinished...

We're looking at you, DICE (*cough* Battlefield 4 *cough*)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

What in BF4 is broken? I see this crap all the time and I'm still dumbfounded. I remember queuing was broken and some people had crashes to desktop, but really, am I missing something? I play a few hours every couple of days, and everything seems to work like every other shooter.

I wouldn't say everything works the same. Battlefield 4 has some definite issues that needs fixed.. though I'm not sure I'd call it outright broken yet.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Leave when you get proven wrong, cya. <3

no, we just have different opinions. subjectivism is not about wrong or right. I think we both agree, that it could be better. You might say, it could be a little bit better, I say, a lot better. I respect your opinion.

And to be honest, I just didnt want to read that wall of text. :P

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

ok, so after watching the entire video, getting mantle wont change much at all, if the games aren't developed for mantle, so, dont expect any huge differences until a game is made on a engine made for mantle, until then you will get some improvements but maybe just those 10-20% but if you have a engine made from scratch for mantle you can get a 400% increase over the different things you can put in without killing your computer.

so, unless AMD has some deals with developers making crazy games right now they havent told us about, it might be 2-3 years atleast before we see a huge change in gaming due to mantle.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

ok, so after watching the entire video, getting mantle wont change much at all, if the games aren't developed for mantle

You don't say?

You don't say?

well alot of people seem to except their games to just run better once mantle is released... and even BF4 wont show even a miniscule part of what mantle can do, so again people say meh 10-20% who cares.. its not that once a game is made for it, so yes i do say.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

FIX THE F***ING GAME MECHANICS FIRST!!!

Good lord, why are they even working on mantle, when the game is just barely playable at all. :(

is it that bad?

an ea topic alone brings enough bullshit and ignorance, now lets mix it with a bit of mantle, gsync, amd and nvidia. Lord help us

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

is it that bad?

No.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Good lord, why are they even working on mantle, when the game is just barely playable at all. :(

I mean...that's kind of exactly what they are doing.

Barley playable? Why i have already played over 166 hours without to many problems.

It's barely playable for me. My whole computer crashes every time the map changes. 

A8-5500 + Asus F2 A85V-Pro + xfx 7870 ghz + 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws X + CM Storm Scout 2

That's why they delayed the Mantle patch. So believe me they are doing their best (DICE) even with a shitty company like EA.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I remain unconvinced as to the importance or relevance of Mantle. Its performance benefits are unproven and the chances of it achieving prevalence in the PC games market is ridiculously slim.

We're in the same camp. While Nvidia is pushing the envelope with new consumer products and technologies, AMD seems to be cashing in on hype like they did with the 290 cards (which still don't have non-reference coolers two months later - going on three - by the way). I sincerely doubt Mantle will be a game-changer, but I am still anticipating its release.

Although I probably won't even buy Battlefield 4 considering the level of contempt EA/DICE have proven to have for consumers.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

We're in the same camp. While Nvidia is pushing the envelope with new consumer products and technologies, AMD seems to be cashing in on hype like they did with the 290 cards (which still don't have non-reference coolers two months later - going on three - by the way). I sincerely doubt Mantle will be a game-changer, but I am still anticipating its release.

Although I probably won't even buy Battlefield 4 considering the level of contempt EA/DICE have proven to have for consumers.

Personally, I feel Battlefield is yet another step backwards for the franchise. I dislike the approach they have taken to gameplay, not to mention the plethora of technical bugs and issues which continue to exist..

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Given that you like most the PC crowd know nothing of programming or development I'll just let you know almost no PC game hits 9k draw calls. And most don't get above 6-7k.

The fact that they've already tripled that is insane.

Consoles can regularly hit 20-30k draw calls in a second, and while the raw power isn't the same from a ps4 to a 3k dollar PC, that ps4 is so many times more efficient in many areas. If you can increase draw calls like that and offload unused resources and delegate them to new tasks, well see times better performance and powerhouse rigs will be obsolete.

Good job AMD. It's not like it was obvious already given that it's the 30th of December today or anything.

I remain unconvinced as to the importance or relevance of Mantle. Its performance benefits are unproven and the chances of it achieving prevalence in the PC games market is ridiculously slim.