Looking for specific 120mm fans

Dragonzeanse

I've been looking around a little bit for some 120mm fans with blue lighting. I'm torn between LED-lit or UV reactive fans. If I decide to go the UV route, I'll buy some UV cold cathodes. I have a computer that I'd like to cool more adequately - as it is only using stock case fans, at the moment, which aren't particularly good - but I need to find something good. Noctuas are out of the question for multiple reasons. I'd like good performance, not necessarily for the dollar, but $20 for a single fan is too much for me at the moment. The fans should be airflow optimized, as I'm currently using air cooling and the case is well-ventilated. I would like fans that are compatible with a fan controller, should I ever decide to go that route.

Some 120mm fans I've considered are listed below. Please check and let me know what you think. If you have any suggestions that push the $20 envelope, it's not a big deal. $18 is just fine.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

i like the scythe Glidestream, they are pretty good IMO

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i like the scythe Glidestream, they are pretty good IMO

A quick Google search suggests those are pretty much exclusive to Europeans. I live in the U.S., so the price premium - where available - made my hat fly off.

Go with the GELID out of those 3

So very tempting. Would UV reactive fans look good at the front of a case if I can fit a UV cold cathode under the bezel?

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

A quick Google search suggests those are pretty much exclusive to Europeans. I live in the U.S., so the price premium - where available - made my hat fly off.

So very tempting. Would UV reactive fans look good at the front of a case if I can fit a UV cold cathode under the bezel?

didnt know that, they are quite cheap for me, like 8 euro's, just wondering, what would you pay for some of those?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

didnt know that, they are quite cheap for me, like 8 euro's, just wondering, what would you pay for some of those?

Amazon treated me to a price tag of at least $30. FrozenCPU sells them for $10... with like, $6 shipping.

I just checked out FrozenCPU's website itself to see the price and they're the same. I've never bought from them, though, so I'm not sure what they themselves charge for shipping. I wouldn't pay $6 solely for a fan to be shipped to me when I could pay extra money for better fans.

IMO, my vote goes to the CoolerMaster JetFlo.

I don't know what you are mounting the fan to...but I have mine cooling the heatsink for my CPU - it is quite impressive.

Probably one of the most well-built consumer level computer fans I've ever seen or touched in my entire lifetime.

I've done some voltage and current testing with the fans (since I have all the laboratory equipment to do it...it's what I'm studying) and they are all in check to the advertised / labelled specs.

I have yet to do any CFM and air pressure testing, though. For certain, as some of the reviews stated, it moves A LOT of air...and it is LOUD at full blast 100% (nothing like the reference R9-290X cooling though :P ).

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

IMO, my vote goes to the CoolerMaster JetFlo.

I don't know what you are mounting the fan to...but I have mine cooling the heatsink for my CPU - it is quite impressive.

Probably one of the most well-built consumer level computer fans I've ever seen or touched in my entire lifetime.

I've done some voltage and current testing with the fans (since I have all the laboratory equipment to do it...it's what I'm studying) and they are all in check to the advertised / labelled specs.

I have yet to do any CFM and air pressure testing, though. For certain, as some of the reviews stated, it moves A LOT of air...and it is LOUD at full blast 100% (nothing like the reference R9-290X cooling though :P ).

I'll probably go ahead with the JetFlos. When it comes to cooling, Cooler Master has earned its reputation (imagine that). I would edge out in favor of Corsair AF120s because of the price, aesthetic, and the fact that I admire Corsair, but I've heard people have problems with the LED fans.

I'll probably go ahead with the JetFlos. When it comes to cooling, Cooler Master has earned its reputation (imagine that). I would edge out in favor of Corsair AF120s because of the price, aesthetic, and the fact that I admire Corsair, but I've heard people have problems with the LED fans.

The Jetflos perform and look great but they are pretty loud.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The Jetflos perform and look great but they are pretty loud.

I checked how much noise they make. Fortunately, I think I could get away with using the silent mode adapters. Although it does just make the Gelid WING 12s look more and more compelling.

How about Bitfenix Spectre Pro with blue LED?

My problem is their aesthetics. I'm not sure if they'd look great in real life, but if they perform really well, I might not have a problem. I saw a video of them and they don't exactly seem to have particularly appealing lighting effects. I think the Corsair AF series and CM JetFlos look great, but BitFenix Spectre Pros look really tacky. That probably sounds remarkably picky, but if I'm going to put down money on a good case fan, I want to make sure I am happy with it.

My problem is their aesthetics. I'm not sure if they'd look great in real life, but if they perform really well, I might not have a problem. I saw a video of them and they don't exactly seem to have particularly appealing lighting effects. I think the Corsair AF series and CM JetFlos look great, but BitFenix Spectre Pros look really tacky. That probably sounds remarkably picky, but if I'm going to put down money on a good case fan, I want to make sure I am happy with it.

I would say the Gelids are your best option then.