Linus T-Shirts quality (Design by Humans)

Hi ya'll! 

I ordered 4 t-shirts a few weeks ago from Design By Humans. One of them was the classic Linus Tech Tips shirt and the other was the Techquickie shirt plus two random shirts from the site.

The quality of the print (which is a simple print), color and even the t-shirt material is below average which I find quite disappointing. I had to pay 30€ on top due to customs and import which I knew but the overall quality is just poor so I had to post this here to get some feedback from the rest of the community. As comparison for 25€ I ordered a shirt from League of Legends and both the shirt, print and colors are the best I have ever seen. Does anyone else feel that the quality is not up to par with other merch stores?

Do you have any photos of the shirts to show where the quality isn't up to par?

@CPotter & @nicklmg

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Should've ordered the Dennis shirt, superb face to shirt ratio.

On a serious note, i don't think they make the shirts in house, so the problem might be from the manufacturer. Are the other 2 shirts of good quality?

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

Do you have any photos of the shirts to show where the quality isn't up to par?

@CPotter & @nicklmg

Sure, here is a comparison of the 25€ LoL shirt I got a 2 weeks before the Linus shirts arrived.

As you can see there is a big difference in the print quality and the material it self is much more firm and compact on the LoL shirts.

The two other shirts from Design By Humans are the same quality as the Linus ones, so I guess the issue is on their end. 

Just wanted to point this out since 140€ for 4 shirts that I really looked forward to are kinda wasted. I don't even expect this print to last the next 2-3 months.

Linus_close.jpg

Linus_close_color.jpg

Linus_close_front.jpg

Linus_techquickie.jpg

Linus_techquickie_front.jpg

Linus_techquickie_front_2.jpg

LoL_close.jpg

LoL_close_front.jpg

LOL_close_front_2.jpg

PS - don't mind the cat hair...it's that time of the year again :D

1 hour ago, Jay Kay said:

Sure, here is a comparison of the 25€ LoL shirt I got a 2 weeks before the Linus shirts arrived.

As you can see there is a big difference in the print quality and the material it self is much more firm and compact on the LoL shirts.

The two other shirts from Design By Humans are the same quality as the Linus ones, so I guess the issue is on their end. 

Just wanted to point this out since 140€ for 4 shirts that I really looked forward to are kinda wasted. I don't even expect this print to last the next 2-3 months.

You are right, quality is rather poor. Printing is different between LMG and LoL shirts, but LTT shirt printing quality is bad even then. It looks like some of mine which have been worn 2-3 years.

I think this has happened before and @nicklmg has got it sorted out.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You are right, quality is rather poor. Printing is different between LMG and LoL shirts, but LTT shirt printing quality is bad even then. It looks like some of mine which have been worn 2-3 years.

I think this has happened before and @nicklmg has got it sorted out.

Exactly, I think the Linus staff should check what's up with the merch print cause it really looks bad. I was really stoked to get the shirts and they just look like cheap copies.

1 hour ago, TimsTips said:

Yeah, It’s just different printing tech/quality. The LTT shirts don’t look as good close up. I don’t think it’ll fade though.

Well, that might be so but it't not the quality that they are advertising then (not Linus, but Design by Humans). Let's be honest, the 25€ LoL shirt has a front print, back print and both sleeves printed and much better material anyway. It can't be that much of a difference at the same price range for a shit that just has a front print in one color.

Looks like league is doing them at cost for little or no net income to me

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

14 hours ago, Jay Kay said:

Well, that might be so but it't not the quality that they are advertising then (not Linus, but Design by Humans). Let's be honest, the 25€ LoL shirt has a front print, back print and both sleeves printed and much better material anyway. It can't be that much of a difference at the same price range for a shit that just has a front print in one color.

6 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

Looks like league is doing them at cost for little or no net income to me

Or rather do really big batches. Being so popular, they can be sure they get all sold. And if not, manufacturing costs lost wouldn't be much of hit in broad sense.

LMG and other smaller parties can't take a risk that when they put $10k for 500 shirts, they won't be able to sell all. Which is why they make small batches which may cost more, and which is reason store's go out of stock fairly often.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I do agree that some shops can invest more in a shirt quality and print quality but this even goes below that quality of a cheap Pennys / TK Maxx T-shirt that is in stores for 10-20€ (or Walmart in the US). Like I said earlier, not blaming LMG just wanted to make aware that the quality is poor. I would love to own a Linus shirt that will last at least a year or two before being washed out - in this case these are new and not even worn yet. 

Are there any other members here who ordered from Design By Humans and had similar quality issues or were the shirts better quality?

We are working on a new plan..

The issue is that you either have to do big batches (high quality screen printing but a lot of inventory lying around that has to be stored somewhere) or you compromise quality with direct to garment printing..

There's a lot of logistics headache involved in doing this properly, but we've hired someone recently whose job it is to wade through it all.

We're doing our best :(

For now, thanks for repping us and for your support!

Linus

4 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

We are working on a new plan..

The issue is that you either have to do big batches (high quality screen printing but a lot of inventory lying around that has to be stored somewhere) or you compromise quality with direct to garment printing..

There's a lot of logistics headache involved in doing this properly, but we've hired someone recently whose job it is to wade through it all.

We're doing our best :(

For now, thanks for repping us and for your support!

Linus

Hi Linus, 

thanks for getting back on the issue and I am glad to know that this is being worked on. I would love to get me some new shirts once the quality is taken care of as I do trust in all recommendations LMG usually makes and I just felt like this is something that should represent LMG.