Are you religious?

Sammael

If you were raised by your grandparents then that kinda makes sense. Maybe not though and I am completely wrong here. I am not trying to offend anyone (my apologies if I have).

I think I will leave it here. None of us can argue our point because none of us have experienced what others have gone through.

I don't think you've offended anyone :P

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I don't know, I personally don't mind at all if other people do but I don't have a religion

Aussie Aussie Aussie

I don't know if I’m surprised by the fact that Atheist are winning the poll...Since it's the internet.

But I'm one more in the Atheist club.

Signatures are stupid.

I don't know if I’m surprised by the fact that Atheist are winning the poll...Since it's the internet.

Atheism is the fastest growing value in the world currently. notice I didn't say belief or religion.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Atheism is the fastest growing value in the world currently. notice I didn't say belief or religion.

LOL. some would say it's not a value because choosing to not believe in something has no value. Kinda like choosing not to believe in something that doesn't exist as opposed to choosing to believe in something that would create either a positive or negative value.

It's definitely a philosophy but in my experience too many people don't understand the implications of philosophical theory and so would dispute that.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

LOL. some would say it's not a value because choosing to not believe in something has no value. Kinda like choosing not to believe in something that doesn't exist as opposed to choosing to believe in something that would create either a positive or negative value.

It's definitely a philosophy but in my experience too many people don't understand the implications of philosophical theory and so would dispute that.

whatever you want to call it, it's growing fast and it's a good thing! in my opinion of course. :)

Hail Sithis!

I would like to see the results with a few more options personally, the poll is very narrow, the OP may as well have just asked if you believe in some form of deity or not.  and left it at two options.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

this is still going on? welp 

FABULOUS 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I'm an atheist .

Fun Fact: Everyone in my immediate family is a different religion my dad is Confucianist (think that's what it's called) my mom is Buddhist, I'm atheist and my half brother is Christian. None of us are really serious about our religion but we all celebrate Christmas so make what you want of it I guess

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

just found this  :lol:

post-5552-0-57386600-1388556245.jpg

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

So I just read that whole thread. Jesus Christ (see what I did there :P) that was confusing. If I were 21 this would be when I have a couple beers and just sleep. But I can't cause I'm 12 ugh, where'd I put that vanilla extract.

God damn it (once again see what I did there) internet stop making me question my whole existense.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

this is still going on? welp 

FABULOUS 

Hey! I'm the only one allowed to type Fabulous in rainbow letters! :P

Hail Sithis!

come on, share the love...

mm how bout no  :angry:

One of my favorite things about Jesus is that he talked to a Samaritan woman. In fact, he didn't only talk to her, he cared to share his identity to her.

Many laws established in the Old Testament were types for Christ. When Jesus came, lived, and died, He abolished those laws for said descriptions. He was the anti-type.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

One of my favorite things about Jesus is that he talked to a Samaritan woman. In fact, he didn't only talk to her, he cared to share his identity to her.

Many laws established in the Old Testament were types for Christ. When Jesus came, lived, and died, He abolished those laws for said descriptions. He was the anti-type.

Laws like :

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT:   If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB:  If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

Exodus 21:7-11 NLT: When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment

Just to name a few I suppose.

So Jesus abolished those laws?

Mathew 5:17-18 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Jesus himself according to Biblical scripture stated that the law (speaking of old testament laws such as ones found in the Pentateuch) still applies and will until his return.

Hail Sithis!

Jesus himself according to Biblical scripture stated that the law (speaking of old testament laws such as ones found in the Pentateuch) still applies and will until his return.

Those pesky details...... xD Ain't no one got time fo dat.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Upto an extent. 

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

@beebskadoo

To the people of Israel He also gave sundry judicial laws which expired when they ceased to be a nation. These are not binding on anyone now by virtue of their being part of the laws of that nation, but their general equity continue to be applicable in modern times.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

-snips-

and all that weird "if a man lies with another man, he shall be stoned"

its just a bit over the top for me

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Oh really? Timothy Chapter 2:

"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

Clearly this is misogynistic. So because Adam (man) was created before Eve (women) he is above them. Women are the root of sin (why not man? Because man was "king" when the Bible was written) so they can only be saved through childbearing, faith, love, holiness and propriety.

Propriety refers to how she is expected to act under her husband.

Genesis 3:16 To the woman he said, "I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."

More subservience.

Ephesians 5:22 "Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord".

Man serves under the Lord and so too shall the wife serve under her Husband in like fashion.

Nothing is being taken out of context. Slavery is slavery. Subservience in regards to women is subservience.

And as to slaves and the instructions for the owner....They are still slaves. The Bible condones slavery. You don't put caveats on it. Slavery is slavery. I don't care if they lived in nice conditions and had rights. You do not own another human being. Period. That is the same kind of logic that the nice plantation owners used to justify the continuance of slavery in America. "Oh we treat them nice, let them marry, 'own' property", we 'pay' them". They are still slaves.

Oh really? Genesis 34:13-29 deals with the sacking of a city by The Israelites. They kill Hamor, his son, and all the men of their village, taking as plunder their wealth, cattle, wives and children.

There are other examples of people being taken as spoils of war against their will. I've read the Bible many times. Multiple versions too.

The simple fact is this:

The Bible is rife with historically dated values that was perfectly ok given the context of the day. It is not ok today. It is also rife with contradictions too. Goliath was killed.. what... twice? Genesis 1 and 2 have differing creation stories, the Ark animals were 1 pair or 7 pair? How long was Christ in Jerusalem? A few days or a year (Gospel of John vs others). The book is over 2,000 years old. Translated from Aramaic and Greek into Latin and other languages. It was butchered at the Council of Nicaea by Justinian (for his own devices) and further butchered during the Reformation.

While I agree the message the Jesus taught about love, acceptance and good morals is great, there are many aspects of the Bible that are not practiced today and yet people still cling to parts of it to justify their bigotry. You can defend it all you want but I don't see you bitching about people cutting their hair, wearing mixed fiber clothing, planting 2 or more crops in the same field, eating shellfish (an Abomination), working on the Sabbath, divorce, tattoos etc.

The one thing religious people cling to fervently is a few scant verses against Homosexuality. I am glad to note that this is slowly dieing out. Even the Pope has said to knock that shit off and stop relying on zealous dogma, ""Who am I to judge them if they're seeking the Lord in good faith?" he said. Hopefully in 50-a few hundred years people will stop using it to justify their fear/hatred/bigotry.

would you rather prefer the bible not say to treat slaves nicely? people dont seem to realise the bible was from another age where stating that you should treat slaves nicely was actually a moral thing and had nothing to do with condoning it thats utterly ridiculous!

and the same goes with the equality debate there was no equality back then so all you could do was state what would make the most sense to keep the peace at the time

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

and like i said earlier the guy who started this thread is an idiot who just wants to get his view across by adding stuff that doesent add to the conversations and practicly insults some of the options that his bigoted mind doesnt understand

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

would you rather prefer the bible not say to treat slaves nicely? people dont seem to realise the bible was from another age where stating that you should treat slaves nicely was actually a moral thing and had nothing to do with condoning it thats utterly ridiculous!

and the same goes with the equality debate there was no equality back then so all you could do was state what would make the most sense to keep the peace at the time

That is my point. The Bible uses logic from a long time ago. Things have changed today but yet the Religious cherry pick what they want to change and linger on the issue of Homosexuality.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

A book directly influenced by god should be timeless, like a Jimi Hendrix song.