Questions about PSU and UPS

Hi, so I had 3 questions about psu and ups 

1. On pc part picker my estimated wattage is 815w, is this peak? like is my 850w psu enough or will it spike higher possibly?

2. I have heard linus talk about UPS often and how important they can be but I don't entirely understand if it's just from a saving whatever you're working on pov or your pc might actually break entirely without one pov 

3. When shopping for a UPS does it have to match your PSU wattage? 

my build if it helps with any of the questions https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b2PFN6

thank you in advance and I hope you have an amazing day! 

Yes the 800W estimated is peak power draw for your Space Furnace.

Which means unless you upgrade to hungrier GPU, a high quality 850W PSU should be enough.

If you already have the PSU, the only problem would be badly configured protection, which would just shutdown the PC unexpectedly from the sudden spike.

But the PSU on your list should be able to handle it most likely.

The UPS does regulate and protect PC from surges, but if your home has these protections against surges, and if your area doesn't often get power outages/brownouts/blackouts then you don't need UPS, UPS is mostly used as a safe-guard for important work, it works like a notebook's battery, if the power goes out the UPS battery kicks in for however powerful and long it is rated, letting people save their work and shutdown PC before they lose all the power.

So unless you're really interested in UPS, generally you wanna at least match the PSU wattage.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

58 minutes ago, podkall said:

Yes the 800W estimated is peak power draw for your Space Furnace.

Which means unless you upgrade to hungrier GPU, a high quality 850W PSU should be enough.

If you already have the PSU, the only problem would be badly configured protection, which would just shutdown the PC unexpectedly from the sudden spike.

But the PSU on your list should be able to handle it most likely.

The UPS does regulate and protect PC from surges, but if your home has these protections against surges, and if your area doesn't often get power outages/brownouts/blackouts then you don't need UPS, UPS is mostly used as a safe-guard for important work, it works like a notebook's battery, if the power goes out the UPS battery kicks in for however powerful and long it is rated, letting people save their work and shutdown PC before they lose all the power.

So unless you're really interested in UPS, generally you wanna at least match the PSU wattage.

aaaaaa ty!!! that makes sense!!!