Xbox 360 Download Speeds Slow (It's 2024 I Know But Hear Me Out)

Alright so this is very niche but it's a real issue I'm having.  I want to redownload and buy some games for my 360 before the store vanished to dust this July.

However after doing several testing, my Internet speed test says I'm running at 250MB/s download seed and 21MB/s upload speed on my Xbox 360.  But my 360 itself says 0.01MB/s.  I don't know what to believe but it takes forever to download one game.  Took like 4 hours for GTA V and I got a brand new hardrive for it and everything.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I've used Ethernet (bridge connection via PC cuz my modem is downstairs), wireless connection with only my Xbox 360, and nothing works.  I just want to speed up the process a bit if there's anything I can do, please let me know.  I just don't think it's actually 0.01MB/s but for all I know it is.  Knowing Microsoft servers.

Its almost certainly microsofts servers at this point, they put the xbox 360 stuff on the backburner years ago and network speeds tanked.

Its not actual 0.01mbps if you got GTA V in 4 hours, you can do your math if you know the file size of GTA V and the total download time.

12 minutes ago, DeepFriedWater316 said:

my Internet speed test says I'm running at 250MB/s download seed and 21MB/s upload speed on my Xbox 360

Mb (megabits), or MB (megabytes)? Remember there are 8 bits to a byte. If you're getting 250 Mb/s download speeds, that's 31 MB/s.

As far as I'm aware all versions of the 360 only have 100 megabit Ethernet, so downloads are limited to 10 MB/sec.

What Internet plan do you have?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

57 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Mb (megabits), or MB (megabytes)? Remember there are 8 bits to a byte. If you're getting 250 Mb/s download speeds, that's 31 MB/s.

As far as I'm aware all versions of the 360 only have 100 megabit Ethernet, so downloads are limited to 10 MB/sec.

What Internet plan do you have?

It reads 0.01 Mbps.  I have a 1 GBPS Internet with spectrum.  We have it divied up into 2 500 MBPS via two different routers linked up to two different WiFi systems with Google WiFi.  Realistically we're getting about 500 MBPS each depending on how many devices are on and active.  

So is 0.01 Mbps slower than 0.01 MB/s?  By a large maragin?  And is there anything I can really do?

1 hour ago, 8tg said:

Its almost certainly microsofts servers at this point, they put the xbox 360 stuff on the backburner years ago and network speeds tanked.

Its not actual 0.01mbps if you got GTA V in 4 hours, you can do your math if you know the file size of GTA V and the total download time.

Really?  I can still connect to Xbox live just fine and download games and stuff.  Its just super slow.  Even with a good solid HDD and properly formated.  Its slow as hell.  Anything I can really do?  Other than just wait for games to download.  

4 minutes ago, DeepFriedWater316 said:

Really?  I can still connect to Xbox live just fine and download games and stuff.  Its just super slow.  Even with a good solid HDD and properly formated.  Its slow as hell.  Anything I can really do?  Other than just wait for games to download.  

Just wait

there are very few people still using the Xbox 360’s online services, Microsoft cut those servers down to the bare minimum years ago, nothing can really be done on your end 

Most of us are already using archives at this point. I'd suggest a JTAG and a proper HDD/SSD. Or an ODDE if you can find one. You should back up your disc games as well, while they're still good. Preservation goes a long way.

1 hour ago, Pray4ragE said:

Most of us are already using archives at this point. I'd suggest a JTAG and a proper HDD/SSD. Or an ODDE if you can find one. You should back up your disc games as well, while they're still good. Preservation goes a long way.

Oh an archive.  Never thought of that.  I just want to play my old games on original hardware.  I'm a bit of a purest.  However, if there's a guide you could link me to start using archived versions of games from the 360 and put them on, I wouldn't mind giving that a shot.  Does it just load into the 360 or do I need a burner or something?

4 hours ago, DeepFriedWater316 said:

Oh an archive.  Never thought of that.  I just want to play my old games on original hardware.  I'm a bit of a purest.  However, if there's a guide you could link me to start using archived versions of games from the 360 and put them on, I wouldn't mind giving that a shot.  Does it just load into the 360 or do I need a burner or something?

Understandable. You should start here. Pick something stable for your device, most mods require some sort of special hardware or tool but a few of the tools can be made at home. It's just a way to play game backups. Some methods require burning discs, some require the ISO on an external drive and others let you load games directly onto the console (the most intrusive mods). Backing up your own games is the most legal way to do it (XGD3 games or games released after 2012 require a specific Xbox drive to be ripped, last I checked). I won't link any archives as they are considered piracy.

5 hours ago, Pray4ragE said:

Understandable. You should start here. Pick something stable for your device, most mods require some sort of special hardware or tool but a few of the tools can be made at home. It's just a way to play game backups. Some methods require burning discs, some require the ISO on an external drive and others let you load games directly onto the console (the most intrusive mods). Backing up your own games is the most legal way to do it (XGD3 games or games released after 2012 require a specific Xbox drive to be ripped, last I checked). I won't link any archives as they are considered piracy.

Ah okay I'll look into that later in the future.  For now.  I'm just going to collect digital games.  I'm not paying $350 for a hardcopy of a 20 year old game.